Epilogue

Only You

“I’m bored!”

Yuna plunged herself straight to her bed after returning from playing video games in the living room. It was the morning of a Wednesday in July which means she was left alone at home with none but Toby to keep her company and as such an unfortunate human being, the dog was not in the mood to go on a walk or even play with her. Instead, he was happily snoozing in his comfy dog bed by the stairs.

“I should’ve asked mom for a sibling when I had the chance,” Yuna mumbled with her face flat on the mattress. She closed her eyes, deciding she should just sleep through the entire day. For a good few minutes, she kept her position and her determination to fall asleep only to give up.

“Aaargh! This is frustrating!”

Yuna rolled her frame so that she was now looking up to her room’s ceiling with a huge frown gracing her lips.

“I want to go out,” she whined as she faced the window. She was met by the blinding sunlight that flowed into her room, indicating the summer that she was supposed to enjoy outside and not cooped up at home, being bored to death.

“I should just ask Eunha out. I’m sure she’s available.”

“I’m brilliant!” Yuna thought as she hurried to retrieve her phone from her bedside table. Without much hesitation, she pressed the button for Eunha’s speed dial and held the phone close to her ears as she waited for the other to pick up.

“Hello? Yuju?”

“Eunha! I knew you’d pick up.”

“Yeah. What’s up?”

“I’m bored. Do you want to grab some ice cream with me? I’ll be there at your door in ten minutes.”

Silence broke from the other end of the line.

“Hello? Eunha? Are you still there?”

Thinking the call ended without prior notice, Yuna removed the phone away from her ears to check if she got disconnected. However, the flashing face of Eunha on her phone’s screen says otherwise.

“That’s odd.”

“Hello?” she repeated, returning the phone back to her ears.

“Yeah. You see…” Eunha stammered which gave Yuna the perfect idea of what she was trying to say.

“You can’t?”

“Yes. I’m with Eunwoo right now. We’re at the beach as what we have planned a week ago. I’m sorry…”  Eunha explained with an apologetic tone before pausing for a moment. “But Eunwoo says you can come with us if you like. We’re in Jung-gu if ever you’re interested.”

“And be a third wheel? No, thank you.”

“Oh, no. You two enjoy yourselves. I’ll just ask the others instead. Thanks for the invite anyway. Bye.”

Yuna did not give another second before she hung up and slumped back down on her bed.

“Traitor. Just because she already has a boyfriend doesn’t mean she could neglect her best friend that easily. And here I thought it was always friendship before romance,” Yuna mumbled to herself as she scrolled through her contact list in search for someone worthy to accompany her.

“Maybe SinB is available.”

She pressed call once she located SinB’s phone number and placed the phone near her ears. Lucky for her, it didn’t take long before the other answered.

“Hello?”

“SinB!”

“Unnie?”

“Yes, it’s Yuju. Are you free today? I was hoping we could go out and grab some ice cream on this hot summer day.”

“I’d love to…”

Yuna’s eye lit up as she rose from her position, excited to hear someone accepting her offer.

“…but I’m currently in dance practice.”

Yuna’s face fell after hearing the continuation of what SinB had to say. She frowned as she realized she got her hopes up for nothing the second time around.

“Oh.”

“Oyy! Who are you calling?” Yuna heard from the other line. It was a man’s voice which probably belongs to one of SinB’s co-dancer.

“It’s none of your business, Jackson.”

“Who are you calling ‘Jackson’?! I’m your oppa! O-P-P-A. Oppa. Remember that!”

“Whatever.”

Yuna chuckled to herself in amusement over the conversation from the other end of the call before she cleared to let SinB know she was still there.

“Oh, unnie! I’m sorry. It’s just that Jackson was bugging me again.”

“It’s oppa for you!”

“Whatever!... Anyway, unnie I really have to go. I’ll make time for ice cream next time though. Bye!”

This time, it was Yuna who got the call ended without any second to reply. A bit taken aback, she removed the phone from her ears and stared at the device’s screen with a scowl.

“Two down. Three to go.”

Yuna turned her phone back on and looked up Yerin’s number before pressing call.

“I’m sure Yerin-unnie will come with me. Out of all the others, she’s always the one ready to accompany me in whatever situation.”

“Sorry. The number you are trying to reach is currently unavailable. Please leave your message after the beep.”

Yuna’s mouth flew open. She was completely proved to be wrong.

“What is with the world today?! Why is no one available?!” Yuna cried out as she tugged on her hair in frustration. It’s the third time she’s been turned down already. All she wanted someone to join her for ice cream.

“Is it that hard to achieve?”

Considering her situation, yes.

Yuna searched up ‘Umji’ in her contact list as she knew the maknae could never turn her down. However, right before she could call, she remembered how the said girl was in Busan as of the moment with her family. And so, Yuna turned to her last option- Sowon.

“You better pick up,” Yuna mumbled as she placed the phone by her ear while waiting for her unnie to answer.

Ring…one…

Ring…two…

Ring…three…

Ring…

Yuna let out a deep breath as she removed the phone away from her ears once more, thinking her unnie was never going to answer. She took one last glance at the device’s screen before ending the call and lying back down.

“Am I the only one with no plans for summer?” Yuna asked herself as she hopelessly set her phone aside, disappointed with how no one seemed to have time for her. She shut her eyes, wanting to fall back to sleep instead when her phone suddenly beeped in notification of a new message. Immediately, she grabbed the gadget and read who it was from only to fall into another pit of frustration.

Sowon-unnie:

I’m sorry I wasn’t able to answer your call since I left my phone back at our hotel room. I’m currently with my sister and we just finished breakfast.

“It’s confirmed. Out of the six of us, I’m the only one stuck here at home for the entire summer. Wow, what a life.”

Yuna threw her phone to the other side of the bed and rolled over so that her face was flat on the mattress. She once again shut her eyes, hoping to take a trip to dreamland instead since it’s probably the only place she could visit as of the moment.

“I really should get myself a boyfriend,” she told herself as an image of Jungkook flashed in her mind all of a sudden.

“Wait, no. Not that kind of boyfriend,” she thought, shuddering over the idea of being Jungkook’s girlfriend. Sure, the boy was open how he liked her but they never got to that point where they agreed to officially date each other. They’d hang out once in a while or more like Jungkook would drag her somewhere without her say from time to time but that’s all they ever do. There has never been a label and as far as she’s concerned, there would probably never be one. She was Choi Yuna and Choi Yuna never likes to be tied with some sort of relationships that wouldn’t even last long.

Yuna groaned as she stretched her limbs and rolled back to looking up at the ceiling. The moment she closed her eyes once more, her phone began to rang and it wasn’t indicating just a message. It was a call.

“Yeah, call me to mock me with my loneliness,” Yuna sarcastically thought, ignoring the call. Still, her phone kept ringing.

“Ugh! I get it already! I know I’m having the worst summer out of everyone else. You don’t have to slap it in my face!” she yelled in frustration as she reached for her phone, set to end it. However, she stopped to stare when she realized it wasn’t her friends who were calling her. It was none other than the devil himself.

“Jungkook?!” she exclaimed, unbelieving of what she’s seeing in her phone’s screen. She rubbed her eyes and blinked several times only to see the same name flashed all over again.

“What does he want now? Should I answer or not?”

Yuna held the phone in her hands as she continued to stare while she contemplated on what to do. She was bored but she also was not in the mood to put up with a clingy baby.

“I have to weigh my options carefully,” she thought but before she could come up with an answer, the call ended.

“Wait!” Yuna angrily placed her phone back down on the bed as she regretted her actions.

“Just when I was going to answer, he had to drop the call. Geez, what a jerk.”

She eyed the phone beside her, a bit of her wanting him to call again while another part of her wanted to punch him straight in the face for hanging up before she could even answer.

“Stupid idiot…”

Yuna finally decided she was really better off sleeping and so she set her phone aside before positioning herself comfortably on the bed. At least by sleeping, she doesn’t have to worry about having someone accompany her. Maybe if she’s lucky enough she’d dream about being with her idol singer, Yang Yoseob.

“Yeah, that is way better than any vacation.”


 

Yuna woke up to the sound of Toby’s barking. She fluttered her eyelids to regain focus on her surroundings. She expected it to be nighttime already. Unfortunately, when she fully opened her eyes, she was still met with a beam of sunlight coming from her windowpane. She groaned and spun around while Toby continued to bark from the living room.

“Shut up,” she mumbled as if the dog could hear her from inside the room.

Toby didn’t cease to make noises though so Yuna was left with no other option but to get up from the bed and drag herself all the way to the living room to check what Toby was so fussed about.

“Toby, will you-”

She stopped dead on her tracks when she realized who was there outside the gate, smiling sweetly as if he did nothing wrong to disturb her precious sleep.

“What are you doing here?” Yuna sternly asked as she opened the door to let Toby out. The dog was the only one excited to greet Jungkook. Because of his numerous visits ever since summer vacation began, the furry fellow already seemed to have taken a liking to Jungkook- something that upset Yuna. She was supposed to be the only one Toby was fond of but because of Jungkook, Toby’s loyalty was now split into two. It’s no wonder he couldn’t keep himself quiet when he saw who was waiting outside.

“Even my dog is unfaithful to me…”

“Yo!” Jungkook greeted her casually like it wasn’t peculiar of him to pay her a visit out of the blue.

“Don’t ‘Yo’ me. I asked what you’re doing here.”

“I came to see you, of course,” Jungkook replied before flashing a huge grin over to Yuna who could only scowl in return. When she said that she wanted some company, she didn’t mean him.

“I’m busy.”

“No, you’re not. I’m guessing you just woke up from a nap because you had nothing else to do and none of your friends was available to hang out with you.”

“How-”

Jungkook winked at Yuna before laughing at her humorous reaction.

“It’s not funny, idiot,” Yuna mumbled before walking over to open the gate for Jungkook. “Come inside. It’s hot out here.”

“Oh, so, you’re making advances on me now?”

Yuna glared making Jungkook hold out his hands in mock surrender.

“Just shut up.”

Jungkook chuckled as he threw an arm over Yuna’s shoulder to drag her close to him after he was done petting Toby’s head.

“Right. I forgot. There’s no need for you to make advances,” he whispered near her ear, sending shivers down Yuna’s spine.

“Will you stop doing that?” Yuna requested, shoving Jungkook away from her.

“Doing what?”

“The whispering thing. It’s creepy and disgusting.”

“But I like it. I could get close to you if I do it.”

Yuna glared for the second time as Jungkook could only smile in response. Seeing Yuna this annoyed over petty things never fails to amuse him.

“I don’t like it when you get close to me.”

“Oh, really? But you do like it when I do this.” Without giving any chance for reaction, Jungkook swooped his face down and gave Yuna a quick peck on the lips before leaning a few inches away so that he could see her face while bending to match her height. “Don’t you?”

A blush appeared on Yuna’s cheeks as she stared at Jungkook who was smiling pleasantly as if he was completely unashamed of what he just did. “You’re an idiot,” she commented while hitting him lightly on the chest before she walked inside the house.


 

“Where’s eomma?” Jungkook asked as he scanned the house before flopping himself on the couch. She didn’t even need to tell him to make himself feel at home.

“Since when is my mom your eomma?” Yuna asked back with her hands on her hips.

“Since she asked me to call her eomma the last time I visited here.”

“Whatever. Don’t make yourself feel too comfortable. You’re not at home. I’ll be back,” she stated before retreating to the kitchen to grab some milk, Jungkook’s favorite drink. Thinking about this preference of his never fails to make Yuna laugh. He was already twenty and yet he still wanted his dose of milk. If she hadn’t known him better, she probably would have never guessed this side of Jungkook was even possible.

“Such a baby…”

Yuna got a carton of milk from the fridge and made her way back to the living room where Jungkook was playing with Toby who can’t seem to stop yearning for the boy’s attention.

“Here’s your milk, sir,” she said in a sarcastic tone as she handed him his drink in which he happily received.

“Thanks,” he replied, opening the carton expertly after years of probably drinking the same drink.

“What brought you here?” Yuna tried to inquire again as she sat on the couch opposite to him.

“You didn’t answer my call.”

“I was supposed to and yet you hung up.”

“You took a long time to answer,” Jungkook responded while giving a pout. It isn’t usually him to act all cutesy but if it’s Yuna he’s talking about, he’s better off doing aegyo all the time. For him, it was undoubtedly the best way to lure her based on his observations.

“I was contemplating on whether to ignore you or not.”

“You’re mean.” He whined on purpose as he waited for her to react as what he expects.

Yuna rolled her eyes and raised one of her eyebrow. “What do you want?”

Jungkook gave off a goofy grin as he chanted the words“Bingo” in his mind. His tactic had been successful which meant Yuna gave in to his charm like usual. He didn’t even have to put much effort.

“Let’s go treasure hunting.”


 

“Where is this place?” Yuna asked as she inquisitively scanned their location. She didn’t exactly follow where on earth Jungkook had taken her since she has slept majority of the ride but from what she can observe from the area, they’re certainly in some place in the mountains where no person would ever dare to go. Trees and some wild bushes were covering almost the entirety of the place and only a narrow trail was there for them to pass through.

“It’s part of our estate,” Jungkook casually answered as if owning some land this big was nothing.

“It’s part of your estate?!!” Yuna repeated as a question while looking to see the vast size of the property. “You have got to be kidding me.”

“I’m not. We wouldn’t have been granted permission to this place if I was.”

“Damn, rich people…” Yuna cursed under her breath but was still heard by Jungkook who only smirked in return.

“All these could be yours,” he said with a wink before walking ahead, leaving Yuna who stood dumfounded at the reply.

“W-What? Don’t say stuffs like that!”

Jungkook let out a hearty laugh without bothering to turn his head over to Yuna.

“It’s not funny!” she complained while carefully taking her steps in trail of Jungkook who was already a few feet away. “Hey, wait!”


 

“You said we’re going treasure hunting, right?” Yuna asked as she finally caught up to Jungkook after a while of struggling to fasten her pace amidst the rocky grounds. It has been long since she went on a hike in the mountains so doing it now was a challenge to her unlike her companion who seemed to not only find the activity untiring but he also was enjoying it.

“Exactly,” Jungkook answered before pulling Yuna closer, eliciting a yelp from her, one which he laughed at.

“You can’t just do things as you like.”

“You’re so slow. I have to keep you close to ensure you don’t get lost,” Jungkook explained while hugging her tighter. He smiled to himself as he savored this rare opportunity. It wasn’t always that Yuna would give in to him so he might as well make most of the moment while she’s in a good mood. “Are you excited?” he asked, changing the topic so as not to make Yuna aware of how he’s reveling in the idea of having her close to him because the moment she does, he’s sure she’ll try to get away. He wouldn’t want that.

“I don’t know. It depends on what kind of treasure we’re going to find.”

“It’s not the treasure that really counts here. It’s the moment we spend together,” he said while tightening his hold on her frame. And to call him fortunate, Yuna unexpectedly allowed herself to relax in his arms as she looked up to meet his gaze.

“I’m still not used to this cheesy side of yours.”

“Well, you better be. You’ll be seeing this side for a long time still.”

Yuna chuckled and playfully hit him on the chest while they continued their way up the sloping trail.


 

“Do you know what I always wanted as a child?” Yuna began as a way of breaking the silence that has been between them for almost ten minutes. She had been itching to say something, anything but Jungkooks appears to have taken a liking to the hushed hike since he never bothered to open up a topic. Instead, he just continued walking with a huge contented smile on his face and her still held by him.

“Hmm?”

Yuna took a quick glance at Jungkook and saw that he had his eyes close, feeling the wind that was blowing at them. She’d be lying if she says she doesn’t like the sight. Jungkook was good-looking. That she had to admit. However, there’s something in him that she adores aside from his appearance and she couldn’t quite point out what it is.

“Maybe I’ve grown to be fond of him after his constant pestering. Psychology does say constant exposure to someone will yield liking.”

“I know I’m attractive but you don’t have to stare so hard.”

Yuna snapped out from her reverie only to notice that Jungkook was staring at her with an evident smirk on his face, something she likes to smack so badly.

“As if,” she muttered while turning to face the other direction as a blush crept up her face. It was embarrassing for her to get caught like that considering that she has always been negligent of the boy’s relentless affection toward her.

 Jungkook inwardly laughed as he shook her head at her stubbornness. He knew Yuna could be this shy in situations like these and she’d always divert herself to saying something mean to lessen her humiliation. He already got used to it though.

“What did you say about your childhood dream again?” he asked for her sake.

“R-right. I was going to tell you how much I wanted to travel to places like these as a child.”

“You got your wish.”

“…on a horse.”

Jungkook gazed at Yuna with an unconvinced look for he was not sure on whether to put up with what she said or laugh.

“Why? What’s with that look? Don’t tell me you never wanted to ride a horse before.”

Jungkook opted to give in to his feeling and let out a loud laughter which annoyed Yuna to some extent. She was telling him the truth and for her, that dream was not a laughable matter. It was merely a product of a childhood fantasy.

She hit him in the chest multiple times to stop him from making fun of her but it only made him laugh even more.

“I…I can’t believe…Hahaha!”

“You’re infuriating!” Yuna exclaimed as she removed his hold on her before storming further ahead, leaving Jungkook to himself.

“Hey, wait for me!”


 

“So, what breed of horse do you want to ride?”

Yuna glared at Jungkook who was finally walking beside her once again. Only this time, he was keeping his distance so as not to frustrate his companion further. However, how he asked that question seemed to have been a wrong move.

“Don’t,” she warned.

“What? I was only asking. I mean you’ll never know. I just might make it happen for you.”

Upon hearing how sweet it sounded when he said those words, Yuna relaxed a little as her demeanor began to change back to how it once was when they began this adventure. If she were to be honest, there are times when she’d hate Jungkook but whenever he says these pleasant things to her out of the blue, she’d always forget how much she wants to kill him and throw him to the sea. All she could think about then is how much she enjoys spending her time with him whenever the others aren’t there to be with her.

“This boy is making me a bipolar person without even knowing it.”

“I’m fine with whatever breed as long as it’s a horse,” she replied while avoiding eye contact as her face began to heat up once again.

“Damn, cheesy hormones…”

“Look!” Jungkook yelled all of a sudden as he pointed at a distance.

“What’s that?”

“The first treasure!” he excitedly stated before holding her wrist and dragging her along toward the place where a little red flag stood on the ground alongside a little wooden box.

“Aren’t treasures supposed to be buried?” Yuna asked after seeing how the ‘treasure’ was perfectly out in the open.

“They are but I reckon bringing along a shovel would be troublesome so I prepared it this way. Plus, digging would be tiring,” Jungkook explained while crouching to brush off dust from the box before handing it over to Yuna. “Here.”

Yuna stared at the box as she mused on whether to accept it or not but Jungkook held it closer to her which gave her no choice but to take it with a sigh.

“Open it.”

Yuna had a short moment of hesitation before finally deciding to do what he said. Carefully, she lifted the lid only to reveal what was inside. It was a pair of tickets along with a note.

“Tickets?”

“They’re tickets to that musical you said you wanted to go so badly,” Jungkook described as he marveled at her surprised expression.

“These are expensive,” she whispered in a volume Jungkook still managed to hear. He smiled and got up to his feet to stand in front of her before lightly ruffling her hair.

“Don’t mention it. You’re not the only one who’s going to benefit from it. We’re going together.”

“But still…” She looked up to him with eyes that clearly states how uncertain she was on whether to accept the gift or not.

“If it makes the both of us happy then why not?”

“I think you’re spoiling me too much.”

“I’m spoiling myself too,” he replied, giving off the sweetest smile he could muster. “We’re just even.”

“You’re unbelievable,” Yuna muttered before noticing the other thing inside the box. “What’s in the note?”

“Find out for yourself.”

Yuna handed the box over for Jungkook to hold while she unrolled the little piece of paper.

You can’t go anywhere
You have to only look at me too

After reading its content, Yuna pocketed the note and met Jungkook’s proud gaze.

“What did it mean?” she asked.

“Exactly as it says,” he responded while walking closer to her with the box still in his hands. He stopped when he was only a mere few inches away from her. “It means I don’t like to share what’s mine.”

Yuna gulped at how close they’re standing to each other and she wondered why she isn’t even running away.

“This boy is driving me crazy.”

“You,” Jungkook said while pointing his index finger at her forehead. “…are mine.”

Yuna’s face rapidly heated up at the given words as she stared, unknowing of how to react to the proclamation. “Y-you…Don’t say that.”

“I’m just making things clearer for you and for those males who greeted you that time we were at the park.”

“They were my high school classmates!”

“Well, I don’t like how close they were to you.”

“I can’t…argh! Whatever. Have it your way.”

Yuna went off ahead to continue on the trail with Jungkook left behind.

“Hey! Will you stop leaving me like this?”


 

“You have got to be kidding me,” Yuna stated with a straight face as she stared at the item in her hand with a sticky note attached to it.

You’re my everything
Even if the difficult tomorrow comes
Hold my hand

“Don’t you like it? It’s the exact same pair as the one you broke,” Jungkook stated, talking about his second treasure for her.

Yuna looked down to examine the pair of sneakers she was holding. It would be false if she says what he just said was wrong. The pair looked exactly like her favorite pair which she broke not long ago when she ran all the way to the Han River to meet him. She never expected him to remember but it is Jungkook she’s talking about. Of course, he’d never forget. He probably even had it noted in his mobile calendar.

“It’s a good thing Eunha was kind enough to tell me your shoe size.”

“Why are you doing this?” Yuna asked as she met his gaze with a questioning look of her own.

“Didn’t you tell me to take responsibility for your broken shoe that night? I just did what you asked although it has been quite a while.”

“I mean why are you doing all these?” she went over again only this time, she waved her hands in a motion indicating all the efforts Jungkook spent for her.

“Am I not clear enough? It’s because I like you. That’s why.”

Yuna heaved in a sigh and closed her eyes to compose her bearing. One more tacky line from Jungkook and she’s sure she’d pass out.

“If you don’t want to accept it, you could just say so.”

“I’m not saying I don’t like it. It’s just that you’re doing all these for me and yet I’m not even acknowledging them properly. All I do is push you away or neglect your endeavors. Aren’t you tired?”

Jungkook chuckled and removed the shoes from Yuna’s hand, placing them gently on the ground before coming up to stand close to her for the nth time this day.

“He’s abusing my kindness today.”

He bent a little so that his face was level with hers and without warning, he pinched both her cheeks with his hands and flicked her forehead softly. “You’re too cute for your own sake.” With that, he picked up the shoes from where he left them and gave it to her before walking away to go on with the trail.

“What was that?” Yuna thought as she held the pair of sneakers in one hand while the other went up to clutch her thumping chest.


 

Yuna stole a glance at Jungkook as they were walking up the slope toward the top. Jungkook said they were almost at the last destination and thus they have to hurry in order to arrive there before the sun sets as he said it is a must for them to watch the sunset at the mentioned place.

“Is this how it feels to be in those crappy romantic scenes in movies? Wait. What? What am I thinking? Scratch that thought. Erase it, Choi Yuna.” Yuna mentally slapped herself at the unusual thought while she tried to keep up with Jungkook’s pace.

“We’re almost there. It’s just up ahead.”

Yuna followed the direction of where Jungkook was pointing at and she could already see a bit of the place. From what she could tell, it is some sort of a cliff.

“Let’s hurry. It’s almost sunset,” he said before dragging her by the wrist to quicken their steps.


 

“Wow!” Yuna couldn’t help but be amazed at the view before her. Currently, they are at their last stop, a cliff. But what’s even more interesting is the view from where they are. It was perfectly overlooking the entire city as well as the vast clear blue ocean.

“Do you like it?” Jungkook asked, coming up to stand beside Yuna to also enjoy the sight.

“I love it. It’s beautiful,” she replied with glinted eyes which made Jungkook grin happily upon knowing how she felt. Pride swelled in him as he took in her delighted expression.

“That’s good to hear,” he said before taking a seat on the grassy ground in which Yuna followed suit.

“Thank you,” she muttered lowly in timidity to admit how much she appreciates the effort.

Jungkook deemed he need not to say a word. Instead, he smiled and pulled her closer to him, something she didn’t deny him of. Yuna unpredictably settled in his hold of her and even cuddled slightly nearer to him.

“I rarely see the sunset because most of the time, I’m cooped up inside the school or home. It’s nice getting to experience this,” Jungkook stated in a whisper to match the soothing mood between them.

“Me too,” Yuna agreed as she admired the sky tinted with a mixture of colors from the setting sun. She was not a painter but seeing the hues blend together in perfect harmony made her want to grab a paintbrush and begin painting until her heart’s content.

“We should do things like these more often,” he suggested while looking at her to check how she’ll react.

Yuna smiled and nodded her head. “We should.”

Jungkook returned the gesture before bending down to give a soft peck on Yuna’s lips. “Did you have fun?” he asked while leaning his forehead on hers.

Yuna nodded once again as her smile turned into a grin after the sweet act. “Did you?”

“Do you even have to ask?”

Yuna laughed and pushed Jungkook away by the shoulders. “I was just checking to make sure.”

A snort came from Jungkook as he smirked at Yuna before remembering the last wooden box that sat unnoticed beside him. “Before I forget, you still have your last treasure to open.”

“Oh, right,” Yuna agreed while accepting the box Jungkook was handing over to her. In contrast to the two previous boxes, this last one was more special judging from its look. It had intricate carvings as designs and its sides were outlined with gold streaks. “What’s inside?”

“Open it to find out.”

Yuna eyed Jungkook in hesitation as she hovered her hand atop the box’s cover.

“Go on. Open it,” Jungkook urged as he sat hopeful of how she would respond after seeing what’s inside.

Before removing the lid, Yuna casted one last look at Jungkook who stared at her with an evident excitement on his face.

“Here goes nothing.”

In one swift motion, Yuna opened the box to reveal a gleaming object inside as light beamed on it. “What’s this?” She inserted her other hand to check what it was and she came in contact with the cold feel of something metallic. She looked at Jungkook for an answer but he simply shrugged and insisted her to take it out to know what it was and so, she did.

“A necklace?” she asked as she scanned the piece of jewelry that’s dangling from her hands.

“A locket, to be exact.”

“What for?”

“I just thought it would be nice for a guy to give a necklace to the girl he likes and what’s more is that a locket would mean you get to keep a memory close to your heart.”

Yuna smiled sweetly at Jungkook before she handed him the locket and spinning around toward the other direction. “Help me put it on.”

Jungkook did as he was told and moved to place the locket around Yuna’s neck, locking it securely into place. “There.”

“Did you place a photo inside?” Yuna asked as she went back to facing Jungkook with a huge smile on her face.

“Not yet. I figured you should choose what to place inside. Maybe you’d like to place your parents’ pictures, your group’s photo or even Toby’s.”

She hit him delicately on the forehead with her fingers before chuckling and saying, “No. Let’s take a photograph next time.”

Jungkook mimicked the smile on Yuna’s face as he, too, stared in glee before remembering another thing. “One more thing! The note…you still haven’t read the note.”

“Oh, right!”

Yuna shuffled to retrieve the box on the ground to take out the rolled paper from inside it. Like the box, it was made to be special with a red ribbon tied around it and the paper being scented with a rose-like fragrance. Gently, she opened it to reveal what’s written within.

Although it was a bit awkward,
I want to give it all to you
I give it to you
To me, who sometimes cries and laughs,
it’s only you

Yuna threw a puzzled look at Jungkook who was grinning while looking at her. “Those are lyrics to a song I’m composing.”

“You also write songs?”

“You’re not the only one majoring in music just so you know. And to answer you, yes. I write songs.”

“I never knew that until now,” Yuna informed as she nodded her head, putting to memory the new fact about Jungkook. And here she thought, she already knew most of the things about him. She guessed she still has a long way to go.

“I don’t usually let others hear my songs. Only my hyungs are the ones who could listen to them.”

“I want to hear you sing,” Yuna blurted without giving much thought to her words only to realize later on how blunt that sounded. She immediately covered with her hands and shook her head. “I didn’t say that.”

Jungkook laughed a little and ruffled her hair. “I’ll remember that the next time when we go out.”

“No, I-”

Grrr…

Both stared at each other as they processed the sound of their stomachs which reminded them of how they skipped lunch because of this treasure hunt.

“I’m hungry.”

“I know. Me, too.”

In unison, they laughed at their situation before Jungkook broke it off by standing up and offering Yuna a hand. “Let’s go. It’ll be dark soon.”

“Yeah. And my tummy’s already complaining on its lack of food,” Yuna replied as she accepted Jungkook’s hand, lifting herself up from the ground.

“Same. I know this great place where we could eat though. They sell the best lamb skewers.”

Yuna beamed as she nodded her head. It has been a while since she had lamb skewers. “I’d love that,” she said while they began to make their way down. The thought of being left alone for the day by her peer was completely erased from her mind by Jungkook’s presence. And for that, she was grateful and satisfied. At least now, she knows that even if the others won’t be free for her, she will never be bored again, not with a conceited yet childish boy constantly by her side.


 

Guys, it's official. This is the end of 'Only You'. It was really nice having to know that you all supported me throughout the way. Since this is a long update, consider it as my gift for you. But I promise, I won't stop writing as long as new ideas come into my mind. I'll be sure to share whatever I could come up with. Again, thank you so much for taking the time to read this story until its last chapter. You are awesome. :)

P.S.

I'm thinking of a YuKook and TaeRin fanfiction. Who's with me? ;)