Chapter 14

Only You

“Hello?”

“Hi! Is this Tzuyu?”

“Yes. How may I help you?”

“This is Mrs. Nam from the Student Affairs Department and I am calling to ask you something.”

“Oh, Mrs. Nam, good afternoon. What can I do for you?”

“I need you to fetch some papers for me from Room 203 on Building 4. There’s an envelope I left on one of the desks there. If you get it, just leave it on my table since I won’t be back until evening perhaps.”

“Sure, Mrs. Nam. I’ll be there later.”

“No!”

“Huh?”

She cleared . “I mean now. Get it now. You have to be there within ten minutes.”

“Really?”

“Yes. They’ll be…uhmmm…the staff will be closing that room at about twenty minutes from now.”

“Oh. I’m sorry. I didn’t know. I’ll be there right away.”

“Good. I’m counting on you.”

Eunha quickly hung up the phone after saying her last line. Mimicking Mrs. Nam’s voice had not been an easy job. She had to do her best in making her voice as raspy as it could get.

“Step one, check,” she murmured to Yuna who nodded before beginning to make a call of her own.

“And now for step two.”

Ring. Ring. Ring.

Both girls waited patiently for the person from the other line to pick up the phone. Their hearts were beating wildly at the apprehensive situation and they could feel their hands sweating and going cold as they held their breath.

“Hello? Yuna?”

“Jungkook, hi!”

“What’s up?”

“This is a report. I just saw Tzuyu making a turn toward Building 4.”

“Really? Are you sure it’s her?”

“I’m positive.”

“Is she alone?”

“Yes, and she seems to be cautious of her surroundings. She’s been looking around like she’s wary of people.”

“I’ll be there right away.”

“I’ll catch up. I still have to finish cleaning up the Music Room. I’ll be there in five.”

“Okay. See you.”

“Bye.”

Yuna ended the call before she turned to face Eunha who still had worry etched across her face.

“Relax. Everything’s going well so far,” Yuna comforted, placing a hand on her best friend’s shoulder.

“I know but I have a bad feeling about this.”

“You’re overthinking again. Just calm down. We’ve already checked everything. Nothing would go wrong.”

“If you say so but just so you know, I never go wrong with my intuitions.”

“You’re just imagining things. Now, shall we continue?” Yuna stood up and tidied up her outfit before offering a hand toward Eunha who gladly accepted it.

“We shall.”


 

Jungkook whistled a tune as he tried to calm his nerves while making his way over to the certain classroom where he and Yuna were supposed to meet. It was already late in the afternoon and most of the students have already gone home making the hallway and the rooms vacant. Most were probably ecstatic to go home considering that Wednesday today had been so dragging and the third day of finals finally ended.

“I wonder if she’s really there,” Jungkook muttered to himself as he drew nearer to the said place.

“This must be it.”

The unexpected voice halted Jungkook on his tracks as he realized that someone was indeed inside the room.

“Well, it’s a good thing the room hasn’t been locked yet.”

Jungkook’s eyes widened as he continued to eavesdrop from outside while slowly tiptoeing toward the door, being careful not to get caught.

“I guess I better go then.”

A sense of panic overcame Jungkook and without putting much thought, in one swift motion, he opened the door of the classroom and what he came face to face with gave a shock to him in ways unexplainable. It was Tzuyu in the room. Alone. With a petrified look. By the desk he knew so well.

“Is this it?” he asked himself as his mind went completely haywire. So many thoughts began to erupt in his head all at once. Is this the moment he’s been waiting for? Is she the one? Is she here to place another note? Is this the end of his search? What should he say? How should he act?

Jungkook tightly closed his eyes to regain focus on the situation. He was losing himself in such a crucial moment like this and it shouldn’t be what’s happening. He’d gone too far to waste this chance. Most of all, this just proves he’s not wrong with his list even though the first two had been incorrect.

“Yuna was right. Giving up would have not allowed me to reach this moment. But something’s off. Why do I not feel the same thing as when I’m exchanging the notes? Why do I only feel surprise and nervousness? Where is that different feel? Why can’t I feel it?”

“Uhmmm…yes?”

Jungkook snapped out of his thoughts at the sound of the girl from the other side of the room who had a questioning look on her face coupled with an evident blush that Jungkook couldn’t help but notice.

“Does she know it’s me she’s been exchanging notes with?”

“You’re Tzuyu…right?”

“Y-yes. How do you know my name?”

 

“I’m probably just shook from the shock that’s why I can’t feel it yet.”

Jungkook fumble with his sweaty fingers as he looked everywhere except at her direction, the shyness in him overcoming the situation. “Y-you…you…you won Miss Freshmen before, right?”

“Ah, that one. It’s an honor that you remember me from before.”

“I have good memory,” Jungkook replied but slapped himself afterward upon realizing how conceited that sounded. “I mean you’re easily recognizable.”

Tzuyu gave out a giggle over his awkwardness which made Jungkook fifty shades redder. “That’s cute.”

“Huh?”

“I didn’t know you could be this cute, oppa. I always see you as someone with a cool personality until now.”

“Oh.” Jungkook rubbed the back of his head as he looked away, embarrassed. “I guess I don’t show this side of myself often.”

“What am I doing? Why am I this awkward? Where’s Yuna when you need her?”

At the thought of Yuna, as if by magic, the said girl arrived at the scene with a grin on her face before it was completely replaced by a mixture of shock and confusion upon seeing what’s going on.

“What’s this?” she asked, feigning to not know what’s going on.

Jungkook eyed Yuna as he communicated through his gaze a message that Yuna quickly caught on.

“Oh,” she mouthed, supposedly getting the whole idea in an instant. “Hi. Did I interrupt something?”

“No. We were just having a small conversation. It’s nothing important,” Tzuyu defended as she waved her hands to dismiss any wrong idea.

“Really? I thought I sensed something,” Yuna teased while giving a wink over to Jungkook who narrowed his eyes at how obvious Yuna was acting.

“Don’t throw me away,” Jungkook mouthed which Yuna easily understood given her years or practice on mouth reading with Eunha.

“I’m not.” She winked once again.

“Uhmmm…I guess I better be going then,” Tzuyu interrupted, grabbing her bag and the envelope from the desk beside her.

“Wait!” both Jungkook and Yuna shouted at the same time, making Tzuyu flinch a little over the boom of their voices.

“I mean you can’t go yet. I think Jungkook still wants to talk with you. Right, Jungkook?” Yuna stated while giving away her sweetest smile.

Jungkook, in turn, made a forced smile of his own while saying, “Yeah but I think it would be better if the three of us could talk together. The more the merrier.”

“Are you kidding me? This is your chance,” Yuna mouthed with an annoyed look before she threw another smile over to the other girl. “It would but I have to go. Eunha must be looking for me by now.”

Before Yuna could make a mad dash out the door, Jungkook rapidly grabbed one of her arm and pulled her closer to him. “No. I saw Eunha leave just a while ago.”

“Did I say Eunha? I meant SinB. Yeah…SinB”

“They were leaving together.”

“Oh, what’s wrong with me? I meant Yerin-unnie,” Yuna corrected while trying to pull away from Jungkook’s strong grasp, still maintaining her sweet appearance.

“C’mon don’t fool us. She was with both Eunha and SinB. The five of them left together without you.”

“That’s why I should catch up with them,” Yuna argued while still putting on a fake smile so as not to drive Tzuyu away.

“No, you don’t. They told me you won’t be coming with them because you’ll be accompanying me.”

“Since when did I-”

“Uhmmm…excuse me but I think I need to go,” Tzuyu tried to in on the conversation with her timid voice. She was glad she got to talk to her Jungkook-oppa whom she admires a lot but seeing him act this weird was totally turning her off. Not to mention he seemed to be fond of the girl he’s with and as an understanding girl that she is, she knows her limits.

“No!” Jungkook and Yuna once again yelled in unison to stop the younger girl from leaving. Yuna thought she had already gone this far in her plan so for it to be ruined by Jungkook would be a complete waste. Jungkook, then again, thinks this could be his chance but he’s not confident enough to face the situation alone and thus, he needed Yuna to be with him on this one. Or maybe he just wants Yuna to be with him. Period.

“They look cute,” Tzuyu had in mind as she eyed both teenagers in front of her who had the same look of hope in their faces.

“I’m sorry but my unnies must be looking for me now.”

“No!” they shouted once more while rushing to block the door at the same time.

“You can’t leave. Let’s get to know each other first,” Yuna suggested before faking a laugh.

“I would love that but I really need to go,” Tzuyu insisted as she tried to make her way out only to be stopped by Yuna.

“I understand that but you see, Jungkook here still needs to tell you something.”

Tzuyu gave a puzzled look before eyeing Jungkook who had the same expression as her as if he, too, had no idea what Yuna was talking about.

“I do?”

“Yes, you do,” Yuna said as she continued smiling innocently toward the younger girl before elbowing Jungkook by the chest.

“Ow!”

“Just say it,” she commanded without looking away from Tzuyu who waited in anticipation for whatever it could be her oppa had to say.

“Oh, right. I meant to tell you that Yuna was asking me to ask you what brand of shampoo you were using.”

Yuna sent another hit at Jungkook as the lad looked at her with an irritated expression. Both were busy exchanging mean looks at each other that they somehow forgot the presence of Tzuyu before them.

“Uhmmm…I use my unnie’s shampoo. I don’t exactly remember what brand it was though,” Tzuyu answered but was left ignored as Jungkook and Yuna continued to bicker silently. “Uhmm…excuse me. I really need to go.”

Again, she was not given attention and yet she can’t exactly leave considering that the other two were blocking the door.

“Excuse me but-”

Suddenly, the door flung open causing both Jungkook and Yuna to stumble out of balance all the way to the floor.

“What the heck?!” Jungkook exclaimed as he rubbed his aching bottom that took most of the impact of the fall.

“Ouch,” Yuna commented as she, too, massaged the sore spot.

“Oh, it’s you guys! And here I thought it was a quarreling couple that was making all the noise.”

They both looked up to see Yugyeom who had a huge grin plastered on his face. “Hi!” he greeted before he realized there was another person inside. “Oh, sorry. I didn’t see you there. Hi!”

Tzuyu bowed as she greeted her senior. “Hello. It’s nice to meet you.”

“I’m Yugyeom and you are?” Yugyeom stated while holding out a hand to shake.

“Tzuyu,” she shyly answered, accepting his hand.

“It’s nice to meet you. Were you, by any chance, bothered by these two?” he asked referring to Jungkook and Yuna who was still seated on the floor, soothing their aching bottoms.

“Oh, not at all. In fact, I had fun talking to them. I was just about to leave though.”

“Really now?”

Tzuyu nodded before she remembered what she had to do. “But if you’ll excuse me, I have to go. My unnies must be looking for me now.”

“Sure. It was nice meeting you and take care on your way,” Yugyeom said while making way for Tzuyu to pass.

“Thank you and it was nice to meet the three of you too,” she replied, bowing to her three seniors before hastily leaving, her bag and envelope clutched tightly to her chest making it clear that she was on the hurry to get away.

“You were scaring her,” Yugyeom stated a matter-of-factly as he shoved his hands in his pockets while making his way inside the room.

“I was not. It was Jungkook who was acting all creepy,” Yuna upheld herself, standing up at the same time.

“Excuse me? You were the one throwing those weird glances and having that terrifying smile,” Jungkook contradicted as he also stood back up.

“To be fair, you were both at fault. What’s with including the innocent girl in your shenanigans anyway?”

Jungkook and Yuna looked at each other as neither wanted to explain.

“Hello? Are we going to continue with the staring contest or are you going to tell me what happened?”

“You do it,” Jungkook commanded, looking away.

“Don’t tell me what to do, Mr. Jeon,” Yuna mocked before sticking a tongue out at Jungkook who grimaced in return.

“Are you going to tell him or not?”

“Why should I? It’s not mine to tell,” Yuna proudly said as she crossed her arms over her chest and turned away from Jungkook.

“Are you going to tell me or what?!” Yugyeom cried out in frustration at the two who could not stop bickering.

“I’m not doing it,” Yuna stubbornly stated.

“I’m not doing it either,” Jungkook seconded.

Hopeless, Yugyeom rubbed his temples before proceeding to make his way out. “You are both insane.”


 

Waaaahhh Chapter 14 is up and I'm still not done with the ending. I've been having a hard time deciding on how to write it in a way that you, my lovely readers, will not be disappointed. I'm planning on ending this in the next chapter but I'm not sure yet. Tell me what you think. Should I end it at fifteen or should I add an additional chapter? Anyway, I hope you enjoy this update. I had fun making this especially the part where Yuna's plan flopped because of Baby Jungkook who just can't get enough of her. ;)