CHAPTER EIGHT: THE ART GALA

DARK AMBIGUITY

Yoongi arrived at the house to see Driver Park’s car parked at the porch. It was odd for Sehun to be back early. She missed the beach where everyone was so free, loosing the business formalities that everybody carried.  She was surprised that Sehun even packed an extra portion for Chanyeol, insisting him to sit down and eat with them.

“He’s a chaebols with good manners,” she thought.

Running up the steps into the house, she met Kyungsoo conversing with a woman in the hallway. The woman was dressed impeccably well, her short bob and tight fitted dress clung on to her, giving her curves. In her right arm, she carried a glittery purse.

Feeling Yoongi’s stare, she turned and was surprised to see Yoongi standing opposite of her. Her eyes brewed confusion, with a hint of jealousy perhaps?

Go Haeri looked scornfully at Yoongi's form of dressing. It especially wasn't like Sehun to divulge himself with people of a lower class. She didn't need to worry though, Sehun needed her, even if it was for her money.

“Does she like Sehun?” she wondered.

Kyungsoo broke the silence, “That’s Kim Yoongi. Sehun’s niece. Yoongi, this is Go Haeri”

A look of registration entered Go Haeri’s face, and then she broke out a smile.

She gave a giggle, held out her hand “Well, forgive me. I thought you were just some random girl out to seduce my Sehun, but you’re his cousin.”

Yoongi seemed confused… She was Sehun’s cousin?  Meeting eyes with Kyungsoo, who was internally shouting SHAKE THAT HAND, she got the message. Messing with this rich woman was going to lead to bad results, especially being poor. Going with Kyungsoo idea might be best. Placing her right hand into her left hand, she returned the smile.

There was a thud of footsteps.

Sehun came down, dressed in a fine blue suit, different from his everyday black and white ones. He paused his eyes upon the two woman, wondering why didn’t World War Three happen yet. Next, his eyes flitted to Kyungsoo, who gave a small nod that the problem was covered up.

“Sehun Oppa!” Haeri cutely exclaimed.

Yoongi’s eyes gawked at her. Where on earth did that voice come from? She inwardly rolled her eyes. What a fake .

Sehun seemed unbothered, more fixated at looking at his phone, while watching her yap on about the art gala that they were going to.

He turned towards Yoongi, “Can you handle yourself alone at home?”

Yoongi rolled her eyes, “I’m always at home alone anyways. I’ll be fine.”

Sehun was surprised, not expecting a slightly harsh treatment. It wasn’t his fault he didn’t have the time to take her out. Although she could always ask Kyungsoo to if she wanted to.

“Uh- Alright then.” He spoke nervously. Facing Haeri he continued, “ Shall we head to the car then?”

Haeri beamed, linking her arms in his, “Okay Oppa!”

Sehun sighed aggravatingly, “Your hands Haeri.”

Haeri blinked.

Tensely, she chuckled, “Ah.. of couse Oppa.”

Sehun met eyes with Kyungsoo, as if telling him to clear up the mess with Yoongi then quickly join them. He nodded. Kyungsoo has been with Sehun for years, they were allies and brothers in heart, forever loyal to each other.

Once the couple disappeared, Kyungsoo pulled Yoongi into a room.

“You shouldn’t mess with the woman. It’s Sehun’s fiancé. She’s important to him.”

Yoongi felt her heart crack a little, a slight pain seeping into her veins. Was she interested in Sehun? No of course not. A rich man like him wouldn’t want a poor person like her, especially since he has a rich fiancé.

“Oh. I’m sure he loves her,” She said bitterly.

Kyungsoo’s turned into an expression of bewilderment, “Love? No, Sehun doesn’t love her. They’re married for business matters.”

Yoongi’s heart lept in hope a little, feeling her confidence once again slowly rise and a smile, threatening to break on her face. Forcing herself to suppress it, she transformed it into a smirk, “Well nobody would love that two faced woman.”

Kyungsoo gave a half smile.

 “Man, Kim Yoongi is seriously funny”, he thought.

“I have to go now.” He said, “The car’s waiting for me.”

“Bye.”

 

Sehun couldn’t stand the glitziness of the ball. Everything seemed so posh and refined, to the point where everything looked fake. Haeri was talking to guests, urging them to donate and helping out with the auction. Kyungsoo was beside him, sipping a glass of champagne observing everything.

Softly, Kyungsoo leaned in to whisper into Sehun’s ear.

“Nam Joo Hyuk.  Four o’ clock direction.”

Sehun angled his gaze, spotting the man near the refreshments table. He walked over, wanting to give an introduction to his enemy.

“Nam Joo Hyuk.” He spoke, expressing a friendly tone.

“Oh Sehun.” The man seemed amused he was talking to him.

“I heard you’re running for Assemblyman?” Sehun challenged him.

“I heard you expressed interest.” He taunted.

“I wasn’t merely trying to scare you or something. You’re a man with more experience than me. I just want to greet my colleague.”

“Well it was nice meeting you Sehun,” he replied, enjoying the slight banter they were having.

Nam Joo Hyuk continued, his voice softer, “Well I hope this isn’t a declaration of war.”

Sehun smirked, leaning into whisper in his ear, “They say to keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.”

 Nam Joo Hyuk looked at the retreating figure of Sehun who had thrown him a wink after what he said. It was a declaration of war after all. And he was accepting it.

 

HI EVERYBODY, ITS LITTLEARTEMIS

I dont feel like updating daily anymore. Though I wont be breaking my streak of thirty days of producttivity, I'll continue writing and I'll upload the chapters later. It's somehow really depressing that I'm not getting enough support for this fic and it demotivates me to continue. I did a review shop for my fic so stay tuned to that.

DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT UPVOTE AND SUBSCRIBE!

(I wished you guys had some form of consideration to me.)

Thanks especially to those that don't deserve this and have been supporting me, you know who you are  :)

STYHELIX is going through a rough patch lately so I hope you support her too~