CHAPTER FIVE: THE MEETING.

DARK AMBIGUITY

Kim Yoongi was trudging down the streets looking at the cakes on the bakery shop on the way home from work. It was New Year’s Eve with pretty fairy lights everywhere and family holding hands. She wished she had a family. She often didn’t take the bus home, preferring to walk which saved her 50,000 won a month. Her house was far out, right in the slums. She didn’t mind it, there was a fair share of nice people as well as bad ones. She recalled that cute Filipino girl that she shared a slice of cake with once. Poor souls, they were struggling with little money. She felt grateful for her small 500,000 won apartmet.

Neither discontented nor sad about her lifestyle, it was predetermined anyway. What she could do was to accept it in open hands and enjoy it while she could.  Weighing on Yoongi’s shoulders were just massive dreams, unachievable without money or by someone who was brought up in the orphanage.

She took a deep breath, thinking about her past memories.

Books speaking good about orphanages were just propaganda. The caretaker had so much on her mind, she forgot everybody. Poor baby Sung Min wasn’t fed till Yoongi arrived, the caretaker had her hands full. Sungmin’s sister, Sunhee was wailing loudly trying to bring attention to her baby brother but all went in vain.

 The night grew cold, and the mist obscuredthe view. Yoongi shivered, rubbing her arms for warmth, and despite the cold, continued walking. She couldn’t wait to get back to her apartment, despite how shabby it was. The only seeming perk about the neighbourhood was that it was multi-racial. Immigrants from all over the world, taking shelter in shambles to old Korean drunkards drinking their asses off. She usually tried to remain inconspicuous though, which often succeeded- Yoongi was a quiet girl by nature. Today, it was much quieter, a bit eerie but she relished the silent nature that almost never happened.

Suddenly, she felt a sharp jab on her neck.

Then it all went black.

 

15 minutes earlier

Seo In Guk and his partner, Lee Minho were patrolling down the neighbourhood, under strict orders from their superior. It was top secret, their goal was to locate the girl, knock her unconscious and transfer her to the car situated just five minutes away.

“Hey isn’t that her?” Minho pointed.

In Guk peered closer at the figure, holding up the only picture they had of her to compare, under the dim streetlights.

“Yep.” he replied.

Minho launched a call to notify all nearby patrolling units to secure the neighbourhood, everybody ready to make the strike. Holding the injection in his hand, he walked calmly and quietly behind the girl, who was looking around and where she was walking. Minho watched her, noticing she was about to turn up to look at the sky. Not hesitating, he jabbed her swiftly.

She collapsed in his arms, knocked out cold

In Guk drove up to them and both of them carried her to the car, driving towards the new van where both Park Chanyeol and Oh Sehun were in.

Oh Sehun smiled warmly at the two boys as they transferred her to the backseat.

“Thank you boys.” he replied when they bowed him goodbye. Then his eyes turned rigid, “Oh and burn the picture. Remember not to tell a soul or you’ll have both your job and your family gone from you.”

The two cowered, silently nodded and left. Oh Sehun was awfully intimidating.

Sehun turned to glance at the beautiful figure behind him. His eyes widened a little, recognising her from the barbecue restaurant he was invited to by Jongin and Suho. Tapping his ring on his lap, he chuckled inwardly at the fate of coincidences. So much time could have been saved, but life was funny by making you work harder. He texted Kyungsoo to make sure everything was covered up nicely. He didn’t like weak spots or loose holes, it made him seem human. The higher you get, the more you have to loose, and Sehun wasn’t going to let pettiness be the death of him.

Driver Chanyeol carried her to the guest room, Sehun watching him.

“Chanyeol. From this moment on you are a rock. You absorb nothing, you say nothing, and nothing breaks you.”

Chanyeol nodded, bowed and left.

Yoongi stirred in her sleep. She was lying on something soft, cosy even. The bed felt unusually soft and the blanket was white? Wait, her blanket was purple. She sat up, rubbing her eyes and observed her surroundings. Just where was she? The room was massive.

A tremble of fear shook her insides. She willed herself to be brave and approached the door opening it, following the path of where the light was illuminated to. the kitchen. There was someone already seating there, as if waiting for her.

“Who are you?” She asked when she got closer.

“Come sit. You’ve been out for four hours.”

“Tell me. Who are you?" She sternly repeated. Though Yoongi was afraid, she tried her best to not show it. 

'She’s got a similar aura to the President.' He noticed.

Sehun looked up, making a thinking gesture, before smirking at her. “Your greatest enemy?”

“Well I don’t have enemies.” She replied agitatedly. Yoongi wanted answers.

Sehun gasped.

“You don’t?” Sehun asked in disbelief. Sarcastic disbelief. “My name is Sehun by the way.”

“Where am I? What do you want from me?”

Sehun gestured towards the empty seat with a meal, motioning her to eat, “Will you?”

Yoongi stared at the seat uneasily, yet she sat down with a grumbling stomach, and hesitantly took a nibble. The food tasted amazing. She began to take larger bites. Never had she come across such good food with that source of income of hers.

Sehun watched her eat, his next words causing her to drop her silverware from shock.

“Kim Yoongi, you are my trump card.”

 

HI EVERYBODY!!!

IM SO SORRY IM LATE WITH THE UPDATE. I WAS REALLY BUSY TODAY.  HOW DO YOU LIKE THE STORY SO FAR??? KIM YOONGI AND OH SEHUN HAVE MET!! AHHHH IM SO EXCITED. YOU GUYS ARE THE INSPIRATION TO ME WRITING (and Korean Politics too). By the way, could anyone recommend me some good poster shops. Most that I see are all closed and the ones that are open seem to mostly do like bright colours and stuff.

DON'T FORGET TO UPVOTE, COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE and thank StyxHelix for her wonderful work~ 

I LOVE YOU ALL.

LOOK FORWARD TO ANOTHER UPDATE TOMORROW ;)

 

Shamlessly promotes own story again...

That Spring Day 

I know I haven't posted a single chapter, but please give me a chance. 

From now I'll just refer to myself as SxH.

- SxH