CHAPTER THREE: THE VOTE FOR THE LEGISLATION

DARK AMBIGUITY

Chauffeur Park Chanyeol was fetching Oh Sehun to work. Sehun lived in a quaint semi-detached house, not too big, fifteen minutes away from Seoul which costed Sehun a bomb. Haeri had told him that she would be working on her art gala today, raising money to donate to the children in Sudan. He was reminded of the horror he was forced to entertain in the morning.

“Honey.” Haeri whined as Sehun was about to leave.

Sehun glanced at her briefly, eyes then focusing on putting on his Oxford shoes, before coldly reminding her, “You mean Sehun.”

“I bought breakfast for the both of us and you’re already leaving.” she whined loudly, imitating a spoiled kid.

“I have work. And cut the crap. You wouldn’t have come into my house if there wasn’t something you want.”

She pouted at him. “Well, you know my best friend Hana right? Apparently she said my art gala wasn’t going to outbid hers, but I invited way more people than her and even TOP from Big Bang is coming. Anyways just to be sure-”

He cut her off, grabbing his coat to leave. “Yeah I get it. I’ll make some calls. Bye.”

"Thank youu~" That kid grabbed his hands, causing him to flinch from her touch.

Chanyeol’s voice snapped him back to reality.

“Sir. We are here.”

As he arrived to his office, he was greeted by a knock from Kyungsoo, entering with morning coffee.

“I’m going to see her today. The owner.”

“Good. Dig into that faster. See if she has any other clues besides the files.”

“She sounded sick. Should I get ginseng to go with it?”

“I don’t mind. Offer her a million in funding if she isn’t willing to tell us everything.”

“How’s the draft going?”

“A few clauses were disagreed on. Minor really. You may leave”

The thud of the door closing and Sehun began to start on his work, hoping Kyungsoo would arrive with the information as soon as possible. 

 

Kyungsoo had arrived at the orphanage. It seemed dingy despite the worn out “Let’s be happy in Sunshine Orphanage!” signboard. Kids were running around in the backyard and playing with swings that creaked every few seconds due to age and rust. A tired lady, around her 50s, with wrinkles evident on her forehead, saw Kyungsoo coming and came out to greet him, passing the baby she was carrying to a tiny seven year old girl, who looked at Kyungsoo weirdly. Kyungsoo thought it was probably because of his outfit. After all, the kids here probably didn't see someone wearing a suit before. Kyungsoo smiled politely, presented her with the twenty-year-old ginseng, which she thanked profusely for and they both entered the office.

She tossed him the file. She didn't seem too happy to be talking about Kim Yoongi.

“That’s all I know. Girl had a rough past. Mom didn’t want her, dumped her here the moment she gave birth.”

Kyungsoo clasped his hands together.

“Are you sure you know nothing more madam? If not why wouldn’t she still be found by the authorities yet?”

The lady breathed heavily. “Just leave that poor girl alone for god’s sake! I don’t know where she is. And she’s 18 already, even the authorities have stopped looking for her.”

“I’ve called the authorities and they said there was no Kim Yoongi on their missing person list. Did you purposely kick her out once she turned 16 because you had too many mouths to feed?

“DON’T ACCUSE ME OF BEING A WRENCH. “ She snapped angrily, standing up from her seat and pointing to the door. “GET OUT. STOP WASTING MY TIME."

Kyungsoo hated people who snapped easily. It seemed to him that she clearly didn't have alot of anger tolerance. But he reminded himself, he was here on business and the lady was probably stressed from taking care of so many kids.

“Listen. I’m willing to offer one million won to you, if you tell me everything you know. You can get this place renovated, hire someone and loosen the burden on your hands,” Kyungsoo replied calmly, showing her a check he had Sehun sign. 

The lady paused, digesting the phrase ‘one million won’. She gazed at the cheque, sat back down and timidly smiled.

“I’m sorry for my outburst earlier….”

 

Driver Park was driving Sehun home after a long day. The car smelled of Jajangmyun takeaway and bubble tea.

Sehun's phone buzzed. He fished for his phone, lying somewhere in his pocket and gazed at it. 

Reading the caller ID, Oh Sehun pressed answer on his sleek blackberry.

Kyungsoo’s voice rang through the speakers.

“She has a friend called Lee Eun Ji, from high school. They seemed pretty close so I expect them to be still in contact. I’ll track her down tomorrow.”

“Keep me notified.”

Sehun hung up. He was so close to attaining his trump card, he couldn't help but shiver in delight. 

 

Three months have already passed.

Sehun had already drafted his plans and discussed the legislation. On numerous times Jongin, Suho and he had disagreed but now they were all happy at the end result. They had submitted it to the Assembly and they could only hope they could get a majority. 

“Hello we are live now on KBS TV watching the vote count for the first legislative of the President elect. It has already been announced one week ago that the first bill to be passed would be ensuring security in South Koreans, reducing crime rate and lengthening serious crime sentences.”

Sehun and the rest of the departments were all staring at the screen, hoping for a pass. All they could do was pray. This legislative needed to pass. It was to help Sehun gained the recognition and respect he needed among the higher ups to be contended as a possible Assemblyman in the election in the next year.

“With a 157 for to a 143 against, the bill passes! Thank you to the government and congratulations to the first bill!”

The entire room celebrated and even Sehun himself showed a genuine smile. Give himself a bit of time and he'll be campaigning for the Assembly soon.

Kyungsoo walked in and inched himself to whisper into Sehun’s ear, “Yoongi is found.”

This time, Sehun could only smile even wider.

 

HI EVERYBODY!!! IT'S GREAT TO SEE YOU ALL HERE. I'M REALLY HAPPY AT THE NUMBER OF SUBSCRIBERS WE'VE BEEN GETTING IT MAKES ME SUPER GRATEFUL AND THANKFUL. SEHUN AND YOONGI MEETING IS GOING TO BE IN THE NEXT CHAPTER SO STAY TUNED FOR THAT. DON'T FORGET TO THANK STYHELIX FOR HER AWESOMENESS XX

COMMENT, UPVOTE AND SUBSCIRBE! (seriously comment... I feel so depressed sometimes T^T like I wanna know what I can improve and hear your thoughts on the story)

I LOVE YOU ALL

I'm gonna have a hard time with LittleArtemis's 30 days of productivity... 

- StyxHelix