CHAPTER SEVEN: CONFRONTING JUNG ILWOO

DARK AMBIGUITY

Yoongi woke up to see Sehun gone, as usual. He had always left at dusk straight for work, sometimes he didn’t even sleep, choosing instead to work. She cherished the days that he came back to have dinner with her, which was usually once a week.  They weren’t quiet, sometimes Kyungsoo joined or most times it was just the two of them, having idle chat about Yoongi’s day to speaking about Sehun’s favourite toe. She had learnt a lot in the month of time she spent with Sehun, He was interesting, not life threatening but she definitely sensed a motive. That was the reason why she stayed, to learn what she meant to him. She arrived in the hallway to see Kyungsoo waiting for her, to fetch her to work. Her co-workers lately have been asking about whether she got a boyfriend, considering how there was a car that was always waiting for her when her shift ended.

 

Sehun knocked on Jung Il Woo’s office.

A husky voice from the other side answered, “Come in.”

Sehun opened the door seeing Jung Il Woo standing up, motioning him to sit on the sofa.

“I heard you’re drafting the resolution, Il Woo.”

“I am.”, Il Woo replied, pouring hot water in two cups, “Tea or coffee?”

“Coffee. Don’t you realise that your ideas are far too right? You have to include a few other clauses that will benefit the left too.”

“No I am not adding any new clauses. This is how education should truly be, if we keep bending our heads to the Saenuri Party, they’ll think we’re easy!” Il Woo passed him the cup of coffee.

Sehun tried to rationalise with him. “But we need a bill that can be passed.”

Il Woo eyes flamed bright red, “I invited you to drink coffee and you want to argue with me about matters that aren’t concerning you? Get out.”

Placing down his cup of coffee, Sehun turned to meet his gaze, “You call yourself an assemblyman but let me tell you this. If you’re unable to even understand the term democracy, don’t call yourself a person of the Democratic Party.”

Il Woo’s face contorted in a silent form of anger, looking at the door that Sehun has slammed when he walked out.

Sehun heard a loud crash. He grinned. The government doesn’t tolerate babies throwing tantrums. He had a plan to take down Il Woo’s position as the draft legislator, at the same time the possibility being the person who will show an interest in becoming Assemblyman.

His phone beeped. A text from Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo: KY wants to go to the beach. I said I’ll ask you first.

Sehun pondered. 'Why on earth did she want to go to the beach?'

Sehun: Okay. Text me the address.

He got into his car with Driver Park, who was already waiting for him at the doorstep. Park Chanyeol was not only a driver, but a bodyguard that worked for the government too. His duties didn’t consist of much except assisting Oh Sehun to his duties.

“Chanyeol, could you drive to Gyeonggi beach?”

“Yes sir.”

Sehun paused. Should he take food for a picnic too? Was he going soft on her? He shook his head. No, he was treating her exactly he treated his political clients. Respect when deserved and small gestures of kindness.

“Stop by Ahjumma’s shop. Ring her and tell her we need food for four people.”

“Yes sir.”

 

An old woman walked out with a grinning face, carrying large food bags towards the van. Sehun winded the window down, to see her struggling; he unlocked the door and used his arms to grab the bags once she was near enough.

“Sehun! It’s so great to see you!” Jung Ahjumma grinned.

“Ahjumma. I miss you too.” Sehun replied softly, his eyes gleaming with fondness.

“You haven’t visited in so long.” Then she whispered loudly, “I was going to tell my customers that the Head of Security visits here often. All the girls will be chasing you down.”

“Ahjumma!” he groaned childishly, looking amused.

“That’s the right smile Sehun. I see you on TV and you just seem so emotionless.”

Sehun stiffened all of a sudden, his voice going bleak “I have to go. See you ahjumma.”

The door winded shut and drove away from the restaurant. Sehun reprimanded himself. He couldn’t always let his guard down, especially with the goal that he wanted to achieve. Emotions shouldn’t be able to get the best of him. He had launched missile attacks and not bat an eyelash but the people around him? He needed to keep appropriate distance. His enemies would be willing to hurt others to spite him, especially if he was climbing the ladder faster than everyone.

Driver Park was carrying the bags of food next to Sehun. Kyungsoo had spotted them, and was walking toward them to help lay the picnic blanket for the food.

“Where’s Yoongi?” Sehun asked

“Playing with the sand.”

Sehun walked away from the two, searching for Yoongi. When he caught her figure, he saw her playing around with a stick, drawing on sand.

“What are you doing?”

Yoongi looked up to see Sehun bending down towards her. Their faces were just centimetres apart and her cheeks heated up, eyes unconsciously drawing towards her lips. Now that she focused herself, examining his features, he was rather dashing, giving off an intelligent demeanour.

“Earth to Yoongi” Sehun waved.

Yoongi blinked.

“O-Oh uh. I was drawing on the sand.” She replied

“Well we got some food. So why not we head to where Kyungsoo and Chanyeol are?”

“FOOD! ASA!” Yoongi shouted doing a fist bump in the air, and broke into a run.

Sehun laughed. Recalling her blank state when their faces were awfully close to each other, Sehun chortled inwardly.

“That was cute,” he thought.

Sehun stared at the running figure, breaking into a dash.

He shouted,” HEY- WAIT UP.”

They were both running across the colourful sunset, listening to the sounds of the ocean.

 

HI EVERYBODY~ LITTLEARTEMIS HERE.Another chapter is up! Do we see Sehun wavering and Yoongi developing an interest? Maybe! BUT BOY WAS THIS CHAPTER CUTE AND CHEESY. WE DEFINITELY NEEDED THIS AS A DIVERSION OF ALL THE SERIOUSNESS WE HAVE HAD. I really hope this fic gains more popularity, please recommend it to your friends of something. I'll be super grateful. And thank you to loyal commentor aininurhana for believing in me so much. BUT GUYS SERIOUSLY I HAVE 22 SUBSCRIBERS AND ONLY ONE OF YOU COMMENT. WHAT IS THIS RATIO?!

THANK YOU STYXHELIX FOR EDITING THIS~ ( idk how u put up with me)

I LOVE YOU GUYS LESS

DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT, UPVOTE AND SUBSCRIBE! (Upvoting helps my fic grant popularity and if yall feel lazy to write a comment, upvote instead to help gain my fic popularity so other people can comment)

LOOK FORWARD TO TOMORROW'S UPDATE ( wont be as cute as this one though) *dives back under her blanket covers*