CHAPTER ONE: THE PRESIDENT'S INAUGURATION

DARK AMBIGUITY

Choi Si Won was being announced as president. He was nervous, his hands clammy and his brain still unable to process the fact that he was going to be the leader of such a prosperous nation. The security of people, their income, the workforce would all be entrusted into his hands for the next five years. Clutching his speech nervously in his hands, he approached the podium to say his words of thanks to the position he had worked so hard to attain.

“Ten years ago, I would have never imagined myself here today. I was a speaker for the National Assembly and look to where I am today. I couldn’t thank everybody here today more….”

Oh Sehun, head of the Security and Public Administration Committee stood by the side-lines, sulking behind a mask of a perfectly toothed smile. Oh Sehun was disappointed at the betrayal. He was supposed to be promised Minister of National Defence but it seemed the Choi Si Won had other ideas after he was made President. Just five years ago, Sehun was a delegate, but in those five years he used them wisely to gain power. He up to people, offered advice, and in just two years was appointed to be part of the Security and Public Administration Committee. Finally, look at where he is now. He recalled the incident where they had their little talk.

Sehun knocked on the door, before entering. Finally, it was his time to acquire the position he rightfully deserved.“Mr Soon-to-be President, will you be fulfilling your offer to me now in return for supporting you and helping you gather the votes of the assembly for your nomination as well as the funding for your campaign?”

Si Won coughed, looking somewhat apologetic. “I’m sorry Sehun. But personally I believe that the Security Committee needs you. I’m sure you will make the Republic of Korea proud. No hard feelings?”

“No sir.” Though Sehun put on a cheery smile, he was boiling with rage on the inside. He could not believe the power he deserved was stolen in by three unpolegetic words.

“You may leave.”

The President definitely didn't realise how much of a presence he had. It could make anyone cower instantly, but Oh Sehun knew he isn’t a normal person. He was very ambitious, a striker when the timing is right and a friend when in need. And right now wasn’t the time to throw a childish tantrum. He was going to claim back what was his, and perhaps more than that.

Throwing that tight-lipped smile as he shook hands with the President in front of the cameras, he recalled a conversation he had with his trusted chief-of-staff, Do Kyungsoo.

“Sehun I found something interesting today about the President.”

Sehun smiled, “Well I’m glad our long efforts bought a result.”

Kyungsoo was the one who was volunteered to be the President’s fundraiser so he needed to perform small menial tasks like background checks. However, background checks are not necessarily boring or bad, in fact can be put into good use, especially if the person you’re checking on is the soon to be President.

“So Kyungsoo, what did you discover?” Sehun smiled inwardly, “it better be something good.”

Kyungsoo wearing a monotonous face placed a sheet down on Sehun’s desk, “Well it looks like our President has a long lost illegitimate daughter.”

“Scandal worthy?”

“Definitely. He won’t be able to run as President for his second term, someone who threw away the person he had an affair with, not knowing she was pregnant. I will have her orphanage phoned tomorrow morning, it’s too late now.”

“Thank you. You may leave now.”

Sehun clacked his engagement ring on his glass layered wooden desk. It looked like the chess pieces are falling into places very nicely now.

The entire assembly were now having dinner at a fancy hotel in Seoul, in celebration for the President’s success. Top stars were invited and influential chaebols, it was a night where people could brag about the next day to their friends. Sehun was never one of them, but his fiancé was.

“Sehun, isn’t it exciting that we’re here?” Go Haeri smiled, leeching on his arm.

Sehun didn’t say anything. He never bothered to. To him, her existence was insignificant like a small mosquito that never stopped buzzing in this giant pond of his. He had much better things to worry about. Reminding himself as to why he had to put up with her in the first place, he needed the money and the political influence. Everyone in her family were politicians and being the only daughter,  her desire to not become a politician shook the family hard, instead choosing to be “Oh Sehun’s wife”.The elders dismissed it as a naïve thought as she was still in highschool until the year of the university exam, did they realise how serious she was. Sehun was bought into their house for a long talk and given one million won to make him leave their daughter. However, Sehun was smart. He wanted power and their influence.

And in that moment did he realise that he was on a journey to become the person he was today.

Marrying Go Haeri was a requirement. A factor that he did not mind agreeing. They had been recently engaged just three months ago, though they were too busy to plan their wedding. However this year, they were going to get married as he promised, once he had more time in his hands.

“Sehun! Congratulations on your engagement! I saw it on the news.”

“I saw it too." Sehun faked a laugh.

The two assemblymen chuckled to each other and smiled to Sehun.

He needed to keep up appearances.

“Well she is the great women that chose to be with my hectic lifestyle after all.”

Gosh, he hated those kinds of people: bothersome.


 

HI HI HI~

It's Artemis here. How do you like the first chapter so far? Well let me tell you that Sehun will start to know more about Yoongi and her wherabouts before actually meeting her. Do you like the Sehun here so far? I really had fun drafting Sehun's character. He was interesting and why I had so much fun doing it later on through the text.

Don't forget to comment, upvote and subscribe!

Your comments keep me going!

I'm still looking for the quality checker though!

I LOVE YOU ALL <3