CHAPTER TWO: THE SEARCH FOR KIM YOONGI

DARK AMBIGUITY

“Hello is this Sunshine Orphanage?” Kyungsoo’s spoke into his phone. 

There was the distinct sounds of crying in the background. A tired, female voice spoke. "Yes, this is Sunshine Orphanage. How can I help you?" 

“Hi Miss. I'm calling for information on a child called Kim Yoongi.” Kyungsoo repiled calmly.

The caretaker sounded confused, “Kim Yoongi?”

Somewhere in the background, there was a burst of wailing. Kyungsoo winced at the loud sound, and distanced his phone from his ear. He didn't want to go deaf. 

The caretaker sighed and started hushing the baby. “Give me a minute.” She told Kyungsoo. 

Kyungsoo inwardly groaned, reminding himself he had to play nice to get what he wanted, “Of course.”

There was a few brief seconds of silence, before more wailing errupted. Kyungsoo heard the sound of papers rustling, and his heart started beating faster. 

“Y-yes. Kim Yoongi correct? She used to be in the orphanage. But the idiotic girl ran away once she turned 16. I’ve called the authorities but they still haven’t found her. Wouldn't be surprised if she died from starvation.”

“How old is she now?”

There was a cough, then subsequent wheezing.

“She’s 18 now.”

“Do you mind me coming over to look at her file? Is Wednesday okay for you?”

“No problem. But please forgive me if it’s a bit chaotic.”

Beep.

Kyungsoo sighed. Well, this meant more work for him. 

 

There was a knock on Sehun's door. Sehun looked up from his papers, before muttering a "come in". 

Kyungsoo entered the room, looking at the pile of papers scattered on Sehun's mahogany desk. “How things are going on? Has the President decided on legislation?”

Sehun groaned. He hated being reminded that his position has been stolen away from him. “Not yet. But there’s a high chance it might be about Security considering the fact that North Korea tried to hack into our servers three months ago. Since we need a legislation that can pass, both that the Saemuri Party and the Minjoo party can approve.” Sehun grumbled.

Kyungsoo nodded, before clearing his throat. "About the task you assigned me, I called up the orphanage just now." Kyungsoo scrunched up his face upon remembering how much crying there was. It made his ear ring. "Apparently, Kim Yoongi ran away once when she was 16. The orphanage called the authorities to find her, but there hasn't been much sucess. She's now 18 years old." 

Sehun raised an eyebrow. Either this girl was extremly careful, having evaded the authorities for 2 years, or maybe the authorities were just bad. “Kim? I wonder why not Choi.” Sehun smirked.

“That was the reason why we took some time digging information on her. We only had her because her mom’s friend ran into the President once during the affair when she was delivering cookies.”

“ has a big mouth. Did you meet her?”

“Yes. I met her and she confirmed it through recognising his shoes. Salvatore Ferragamo, is what the President wears.”

Sehun nodded. This pieces of information would do very nicely. Sehun grinned, elated at the thought of taking back the position he was suppose to own. “I’ve a meeting in ten, to discuss the possible draft legislative with the Minister of Government Administration and Home Affairs and the Minister of Finance. In the meantime, can you look into this matter for me?”

“I will.” Kyungsoo nodded. A second ticked by, and Kyungsoo pointed at Sehun's tie. "Your tie is crumpled. I don't think you want to meet the Minister dressed like that." 

Sehun looked down at his tie. "Thanks." Sehun mumbled, before straightening his tie. 

Being the head of the Security and Public Administration gave Sehun the privilege to voice out his thoughts, especially towards the two people who are of a higher rank than him.


“Thank you for coming,” Sehun smiled at the men, all dressed in crisp suits. 

“Well after we’re done discussing, why don’t we head out for dinner?”

Sehun agreed, “Of course.”

During the discussion, conflicts had rose between the four of them, more focused towards funding. 

“I don’t find it necessary to put in 23 billion won into security, we have retirement funds and public services to give.”

“Strengthening our relationship with Americans has already contributed in security as well as economic growth.”

Sehun paused, giving a suggestion “We could put more funding in the army and police to create an aura of safety as well as bringing more jobs. Moreover we could put more funding into working on the case and tracking down the motive of the cyber-attacks and bring that to the public, giving them subsequent updates. This will ensure the public's trust in us. 

“No you see Sehun...” 

Sehun gave a smile, cutting him off. “Why don’t we all shake our hands on this, give it a thought and leave for dinner?”

“Sure. We’ll come back tomorrow to discuss and draft the legislative. This needs to be passed.”


Three men, wearing business suits and Prada oxfords, walking into a BBQ restaurant in Itaewon was sure get many stares, next to dark tinted cars with designated chauffers.

“Sehun, welcome to my second home. They serve the best BBQ pork here, every week my family come here.” Kim Jongin, Minister of Defence chuckled as they settled down in their seats.

“May I take your order?”

Sehun glanced up at the waitress. She was somewhat pretty, with long hair and hazel eyes.  Her name pin was reflecting light making it blurry for Sehun to learn her name.  And her voice... It was raw, yet strong? There must be a story behind her voice. No doubt, Sehun was attracted, but he refused to let it get into his head. He was engaged to a five year old.

“Let me repeat, 2 pork, 2 beef, 1 bibimbap, 1 dubbeokki, 1 kimchi jigae.” She recited their orders, glancing down at the notepad she held in her hand. 

“That’s right.” Sehun nodded, memerised by her eyes. 

Kim Jongin’s voice snapped Sehun into reality. Sehun blinked.

Kim Suho, the Minister of Government administration and Home affairs, grinned. He knew exactly what Sehun was thinking about. 

“Thinking about your wife again?” he teased Sehun.

'Oh hell no.' Sehun thought, but he couldn’t really say that so he said what was appropriate. “Yeah. I wonder how I will have time when we have kids.”

Both men chortled loudly.

Suho laughed along. “Its hell.”

Jongin continued, a wide grin on his face. “You'll end up pulling all nighters just so you could finish work for a year.”

Sehun smiled. He originally thought he would end up hating Kim Suho but, things went differently. Nevertheless, he was still focused on claiming back the position he deserved. He needed the influence and an army of powerful men that would believe in him. These two were a start. Creating the perfect draft legislative meant gathering the right amount of respect he needed both in him and the rest of the comittees. He could see the painting containing his dreams and aspirations just five feet away, but he wasn't close enough to touching it yet.

With a wide toothed smile under a scheme of well planned deception, he raised his glass for a toast.

"To the legislation.To the people. To Korea."

 

HI LITTLEARTEMIS HERE~

I'M SO HAPPY TO BE HERE TODAY! Who do you think the waitress is? ;) 

Well I have EXCITING NEWS

We are introducing our BETA READER SLASH QUALITY CHECKER STYXHELIX. Let's give her lots of love okay? xx

DON'T FORGET TO UPVOTE, COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE! 

Thanks for reading~