CHAPTER TEN: CONFRONTING YOONGI

DARK AMBIGUITY

Yoongi was making ramen for dinner that she bought on the way home when she heard the opening of the front door and a thud of footsteps. A shoulder peered over his shoulder to look over at what she was cooking.

“Ramen?” Sehun asked, whispering hotly into her ear.

Yoongi turned around to see Sehun inches away from her face, she blushed. Feelings her heart race a little, she turned to focus straight on the ramen she was cooking.

“Kyungsoo’s coming over too so a pot of ramen isn’t enough?”

“Kyungsoo’s coming?” Yoongi clapped excitedly, and then frowned, “But we don’t have food at home.”

Sehun chuckled, holding a bag of groceries, winking, “Which is why I went out earlier.”

“You cook?” Yoongi was impressed.

“Yeah, there were times when I didn’t have anyone with me when I was young, so I grew up independently.” He answered, chopping vegetables.

“What are we making? I’ll help.”

“Curry. Kyungsoo likes that.”

From afar, it looked like a married couple, cooking together after a day of work, telling each other how their day was: bantering with each other, teasing each other and carrot fighting. Yoongi never failed to bring out the inner child of Sehun, and even if he hasn’t realised that yet, he would soon. These moments were what Sehun would soon be cherishing and reminding himself, to be stronger.

Kyungsoo walked in to a house of souds, unliked the usual silence with the tapping of keys on a keyboard. He gave a small smile. Yoongi, despite being a trump card, was making his, Sehun’s and Chanyeol’s world bloom in flowers.

“Oh Kyungsoo you’re here!” Sehun called.

There was a giggle and erupts of laughter, “Co-come aha-in aha to the kitchen hahahah!” Yoongi shouted.

Kyungsoo walked into the sounds of Sehun tickling her sides. He had never seen his boss carefree like this, in the 5 years of the time since they met. Sehun was usually cold, stoic and solemn.

“I bought wine.” Kyungsoo replied, his right arm holding a bottle of wine.

 “Just wait a sec Kyungsoo… We’re almost done.”

“Take all the time you need sir.”

 

Dinner was served on a light-hearted note, cheery even.

“Did you meet with the reporter?” Sehun asked, as he took a bite out of his curry rice.

“Yes. I bumped into him on the way to the post office. His name is Kim Jong Dae.”

“Kim Jong Dae the one who reported my first bill?” Sehun murmured curiously, deep in thought.

Kim Jong Dae seemed like someone ambitious and perhaps hardworking, it was most likely he would come again, greedy for a second story. Perhaps he could be of some use.

Sehun looked at Yoongi who was slightly confused with the conversation.

“Don’t worry Yoongi, its just work. Tell me if he contacts you again Kyungsoo.” He said, waving the conversation off.

 

Yoongi placed down her cutlery on her dish.

She uttered, “Sehun…I’ve been meaning to ask you, you never told me you were a politician.”

There it was. Her big drop of that Sehun had been anticipating. He decided to try to tell her some parts of the truth; framing it together in an honest manner.

“You see… I didn’t choose to tell you the truth, politicians are intimidating people and I didn’t want you to run away from me. We’ve spent so many good times together, so don’t let those memories leave in haste over a bad pea like this. I bought you under my protection because there were other people also looking for you, wanting to do harm to you.”

Sehun heart clenched inwardly. He was the bad guy who was going to hurt and use her too. Nevertheless, the inevitable couldn’t be avoided. The best way to do it was painlessly, once he had gotten nominated as assembly man he could get the Prime Minister to step down in some way and ruining the President using Yoongi as the final card, rising to presidency,

Yoongi softly exhaled a sigh, “I’m sorry Sehun. Thank you for protecting me. I was so quick to assume without judging your personality and your actions correctly.”

Sehun felt like he was digging an evil deeper hole. A voice reminded him, this was for the better. He needed to trust himself, and not the strange feelings influencing his decisions.

Kyungsoo looked at his boss in slight pity.

“The poor guy doesn’t know he’s developing feelings. We have to speak privately about it soon. “He thought.

Dinner had turned sombre. Despite all this, Yoongi attempt to lighten the mood by suggesting a 365 game, helped drastically. Neither Sehun nor Kyungsoo had heard about. After all, they weren’t ordinary humans. It turned out that Kyungsoo was awful at the game, and it wasn’t long till he got tipsy, slurring his words together.

One hour later, everyone was laying drunk at the table after 3 bottles.

 Kyungsoo drunkenly raised his hand, slamming it on the table, “You know sir…Remember who you are. OH SEHUN. You are a politician. You can’t risk your dreams because of this.” 

Sehun looked amusedly, he too getting tipsy. He was always the good sort of tipsy, quiet though his brain barely functioned.

“Yoongi.” Sehun called, his deep voice strumming into Yoongi’s ears. An indescribable, warm feeling enveloped her.

“Yes?” she replied, quicker than usual. Her mind was getting hazy and she couldn’t focused on her surroundings.

“I’m just a bad guy after all.”

At that moment, they both knocked out, their heads overlapping on top of each other.

 

HI EVERYBODY. ITS LITTLEARTEMIS and IM TERRIBLY SORRY. So busy with IB lately (International Baccaleaurate) I'm struggling between my schoolwrok, test and CAS. I have a competition next week too T^T. I will possibly try my best to do a another chapter post next week so stay tuned for that or maybe tomorrow. Depends on how much I have after doing some work. How do you like the story so far? 

Stay tuned :3

I LOVE YOU ALL