CHAPTER SIX: SEHUN’S PLACE

DARK AMBIGUITY

 Kim Yoongi stared at him.

'Trump card?' She thought. 'What is that?'

Sehun watched the girl’s orbs disappear from cold gaze to a curious puddle. Unknowingly, his lips curved into a smile. Kim Yoongi was indeed funny in her own special way, and that made Sehun anticipate the days with her. She was a lost girl, unknowingly trapped in the web of high profiled men in the country with the spider of the web ready to devour her, which was Oh Sehun.

Looking at her worried gaze, Sehun felt the need to comfort her, his voice turning into a tone that he himself barely recognised, “Hey. It’s okay. Go to sleep now. We’ll talk tomorrow.”

“What time is it?”

Sehun glanced at his watch. “Two am.”

“Why are you still awake?”

“I have work to do.”

Their conversation ended when Sehun buried himself in papers again.

Yoongi woke up to the sounds of birds chirping. She thought how nice it must be to live here surrounded by greenery and not the noise of the city. Heading in the bathroom, she took a long shower, enjoying her soak in the bath and was surprised to find already a change of clothes in the wardrobe. Everything was pre-arranged by Sehun using the information that Kyungsoo got on her file.

Walking out, she saw an unfamiliar man.

“I see you’re awake.”

The man gave off a similar aura to Sehun. Cold but refined. Only fact was that he never smiled. Sehun was full of smiles, formal ones, polite ones and calculated ones.

“I’m Kyungsoo by the way” he said reaching out a hand.

Yoongi stared at it. Didn’t normal people just bow at each other?

Hesitatingly, she placed his hands in his and shook it.

“Sehun has gone to work by the way. He told me to fetch you to work. Don’t tell anyone where you came from, who you met last night or who you met.” He spoke in an icy tone, at the same time suggesting something even darker.

Yoongi felt chills, nodding at his every word.

 

Sehun was concentrated at his desk. He was working on securing his majority. He first had to look at the possible assemblymen nominees.

Lee Donghae.

Kwon Ji Yong.

Nam Joo Hyuk.

These three expressed interests. However, only Kwon Ji Yong had a strongest possibility with winning.  He needed to eliminate that, and the other two.  Nothing should be in the way; even the smallest tumour could lead to cancer. Kwon Ji Yong was a man older with more experience and a better skill set that him. Sehun knew that he needed to prove himself capable to all the departments:  only his department and departments with close ties to security administration had fate in him.

He texted Kyungsoo to do a background check.

Sehun knocked on the door of the Education Minister’s department.

“Anything I can do to help, Tiffany?”

Tiffany looked up to see the lean figure of Oh Sehun standing on the door, effortlessly breathing that y aura of his. He was only 25 after all.

She glanced up from her seat, “Well, what brings you here?”

“I need help.”

She smirked, her tone airy. “A favour?”

“I need you to put me as a contributor for your proposal on education reform.”

“We’re having a little problem though, it’s possible that the education reform might not happen.” Tiffany said, frowning.

“What do you mean?”

“The person drafting our resolution is Jung Il Woo.” She said sighing.

Jung Il Woo was a assemblyman who shared clear support for the Democratic United Party and his opinions were too far right, something that the Saenuri Party would never support. In other words, the bill was bound to fail. 

“Will you write the proposal? I’ll draft the legislative with you if we get Il Woo out of his seat.” Sehun asked, hoping she’ll agree.

“I don’t mind.” She said exhaling a breath, before continuing, “But you know Il Woo. He never backs down.”

Sehun gave her a closed mouth smile, “Not if he was forced to back down.”

“What do you mean?”

Sehun hushed her. “Don’t worry, I’ll get it done.”

His phone was ringing, caller ID read Kyungsoo.

Sehun pressed answer, “Great Kyungsoo, I have something to discuss with you.”

A voice at the other side answered too, “I have something to discuss with you too.”

“Y’s restaurant?”

“Okay.”

 

Yoongi was surprised to see two men walking in and now that she realised, Sehun had been here before too, with two other men. Anyhow, now it was just him and Kyungsoo. Yoongi’s mind spun. Sehun had seen her before here. He kidnapped her and took her to his house. Is he…A ert?

She recalled his words. Trump card. Oh gosh, is he referring to her…her delightful innocence that she has cherished all these years?

“Hey Yoongi, go serve them.” Her co-worker said.

“Oh hell no.”

“Yoongi we’re all busy here. Don’t act like a baby."

Is God pushing her to betray her innocence? She was just 19 and young, her birthday had just passed in August. She looked around. Everybody seemed to be busy. She sighed, her eyes looking dead like she was heading for death. Clutching the menus in front of her cherry as protection, she walked in to the private room to serve them.

Sehun smiled casually at her when she passed the menus.

She needed to confront his intentions fast.

“U-um Sehun… I’ve been wanting to ask you this but when you saw me last time…” she spoke nervously, twiddling with her fingers, “Did you…did you perhaps want my oo which was why you took me as hostage?”

Sehun stared at her. Kyungsoo’s eyes went big. Then Sehun rolled in laughter, even Kyungsoo gave off a small smile. This girl was too damn funny.

“She thinks- she thinks…I want her ity. AHAHAHA. And oo? What the hell?” He thought.

Yoongi felt confused at the sight. Why was one man rolling on the floor, and one unable to stop smiling? Speaking of it, it was the first time she saw Sehun smile genuinely and Kyungsoo even smiling. She didn’t know that she had witnessed something people just never saw.

Sehun caught ahold of his breath and posture, “No I am not stealing your oo. Nor do I want your oo. I want two pork, one beef and dubbeokki with bubble tea for both of us.”

Yoongi’s cheeks flamed in embarrassment, scribbling her orders and scurrying away. What an idiot she was. She knocked her herself on the head. Sehun was rich, if he lived in that house. He could have hired escorts and such instead of going such lengths to capture a poor girl like her. Not to mention that, he allowed her to leave the house to work, which was not something stalking erts would have done.

Meanwhile Sehun and Kyungsoo were conversing, recovered from their laughter.

“I need you to find a reporter for me. Discreet.”

Kyungsoo nodded, “I’ll look into that. And you told me to dig the three of them. One of the men, Minister of Employment and Labor has a child; she stays in an institution due to her being born with crippled legs. “

“Yes, I’ve heard of it.”

“Well his child isn’t entirely biologically his. His ex-wife was impregnated with a different husband. It also explains why he doesn’t visit her. Can’t stand the sight of her.”

“Poor child,” Sehun thought.

Kyungsoo looked at him. Sehun seemed to be glowing after a long day. Maybe it was because it was the first time both himself and Sehun had laughed in ages. It would be a lie to say that he wouldn’t be excited to see what Kim Yoongi had in store for two of the most well established people in society.

 

HI EVERYBODY ITS ME LITTLEARTEMIS. Today's chapter is quite long~ in compensation for the cliffhanger you got. I hate cliffhangers too. Its also because its way easier for me to write Kim Yoongi and Sehun than it is for me to write Sehun feat politics. But that doesn't mean I'll give up. 

UPVOTE, COMMENT AND SUBSCIRBE

Thank you StyxHelix for putting in effort into editing this document. ILY.

I WANT MORE COMMENTS PLEASEEEE >< oh and today I found out how to find poster shops using tags. I'm sorry for being a internet noob.XD

I LOVE YOU ALL.

(shoutout to @aininurhana for donating me 10 karma and upvoting the story. You're the best!)