Reset

(LeoN/NEO) Dream.scape

Ah, I’m back here again. It’s been a while since I came back here. No matter how many times I try to come back, it wasn’t working.

Hakyeon noticed the strangely enchanting landscape that was in front of him as he opened his eyes. He’s been here before. Several times in fact for the past few months. The blue and purple tinted skies, the green and floral landscapes… everything of this place was what you would call a ‘dream.’

‘Hakyeon-ah. You’re awake.’

He’s back.

Hakyeon got excited after hearing the voice call his name. That gentle and kind voice, that beautiful sound that comes out of that voice each time he speaks, Hakyeon felt so relaxed that he couldn’t help but close his eyes again.

‘Hakyeon-ah… wake up. I know you’re awake.’ The voice chuckled a bit seeing Hakyeon trying to sleep in.

‘Just five more minutes?’ Hakyeon whines adoringly.

‘You’re such a sleepyhead.’ The voice ruffled through and patted Hakyeon on his head. Such a soft and caressing touch the other had. How Hakyeon wished he was this pampered even in real life.

‘Hakyeon-ah.’

‘Hmm?’

‘Stay here.’

‘Huh? I am here though?’

‘No. I mean to actually stay here. With me. Forever.’

Just before Hakyeon could answer the voice’s proposal, he was woken up by a familiar ringtone. The lights blinded him as soon as he decided to open his eyes once more. The beautiful dreamlike landscape was no longer in front of him. The blue and purple skies were gone and what he was staring at was a plain white ceiling.

Where am I?

‘Hello? Yes, I’m currently at the hospital.’

Hakyeon heard the familiar voice talking on the phone. It was Taekwoon’s voice no doubt.

Hospital? Why am I here?

Hakyeon wondered as he slowly tried to sit up without interfering with Taekwoon’s phone call.

‘No, he hasn’t woken up yet-‘ Just as Taekwoon turned around to see Hakyeon’s condition; he saw the latter trying to sit up. Hakyeon was awake. ‘Hakyeon-ah! He woke up. I’ll talk to you later.’

Taekwoon immediately hung up the phone and rushed towards Hakyeon’s side in a panic.

‘Are you okay?!’ Taekwoon’s worried face and suddenly louder voice startled Hakyeon.

‘Huh? I am but why am I here?’ Hakyeon was a bit bewildered to see such a concern face on Taekwoon. He’s never seen the other show so much fear and concern for anyone before.

I’m not dreaming anymore am I? Hakyeon wonders.

‘You don’t remember?’ You fainted during the filming.’ Taekwoon told him as he assisted Hakyeon to sit up properly on the bed.

‘I did…? That’s right! The filming! What happened to the filming?’

‘It’s been postponed.’

‘Is it because of me? I… I’m sorry.’ Hakyeon felt very apologetic that their long-awaited comeback was halted because of him.

‘Don’t be. It’s not your fault but Hakyeon-ah, do you remember what happened?’ Taekwoon looked worried.

‘I don’t- wait! What happened to your hands?’ Hakyeon finally saw the bandages that wrapped tightly around Taekwoon’s hands.

‘It’s nothing. You should be more worried about yourself.’ Taekwoon took Hakyeon’s hands in order to show the boy that he wasn’t the only one injured. Instead, Hakyeon’s hands were in much more worst condition than the few scratches that were on Taekwoon’s.

‘How did this happen? Why can’t I remember anything?’ Hakyeon almost teared up from having a difficult time recalling his memories.

Taekwoon couldn’t watch Hakyeon become so fragile and weak, so he embraced the boy.

‘Taekwoon?’ Hakyeon blushed.

‘It’s okay Hakyeon-ah. Don’t worry about it. It’s better that you don’t remember. You don’t need to remember anything. Everything will be all right from now on. I promise you that I’ll protect you.’

The Jung Taekwoon that was currently embracing Hakyeon so tightly and endearingly was very unfamiliar to Hakyeon. If this was a dream, Hakyeon would believe such affection coming from his friend but this was reality right? Hakyeon was not used to the sudden change in Taekwoon’s attitude…

~

After a few days of rest, Hakyeon was dismissed from the hospital once more. Filming was also resumed. This time, everything went smoothly and the members were all watching Hakyeon’s scene with caution.

‘So Hakyeon-hyung really doesn’t remember what happened that day?’ Hongbin asked as the five of them watched Hakyeon’s scene from the back of the set.

Taekwoon nodded.

‘It might be better that he doesn’t. I still remember all the blood that was on the set that day and… the thing that happened afterwards with Hakyeon-hyung…’ Jaehwan shivered.

‘I agree. It’s best that hyung doesn’t remember. It’s for his own sake.’ Wonshik said.

‘All right! Good job Hakyeon-ah. Let’s all take a rest and get changed.’ The director finished the filming and the staff went on over to clean up the set.

Everything that happened that day was kept quiet from Hakyeon and the public. All witnesses of that day were kept quiet, as all could remember not just the blood that shed during that day but shivering memories and fear that occurred afterwards. What happened that day was to be never mentioned again and all members were to watch closely at Hakyeon’s condition and make sure that the same incident doesn’t happen again.

‘Good work Hakyeon-ah,’ Taekwoon handed the boy a towel.

‘… Uh, thanks.’ It took Hakyeon a moment for him to respond properly.

‘Is something wrong?’ Taekwoon asked.

‘Huh? No… um, Taekwoon-ah, can we talk for a bit?’

‘Sure. What is it?’

Hakyeon looked around. There were too many eyes and ears around them.

‘Not here. In private please.’

The younger members took notice that both of their hyungs went alone to talk somewhere. Hyuk was concerned and wanted to follow after them but Wonshik stopped him.

‘Let them be. Let’s pack up and wait for them in the car. We still have a lot to do later.’ He said.

‘But…’

Jaehwan patted Hyuk on the shoulder and shook his head.

‘Let’s let Taekwoon-hyung handle it. Only he can. Come.’ Jaehwan grabbed Hyuk to follow back to the car.

~

‘So what did you want to talk about?’ Taekwoon asked after they have found a quiet place with just the two of them to talk.

‘… Did something happen during the time I was in the hospital? What happened during filming?’ Hakyeon started his interrogation.

‘Huh? Nothing, you just fell unconscious for a few days. The doctors said you were just over working.’

‘No, not that. Even the first time when I was hospitalized for those several months. You’ve suddenly… changed.’

‘Changed? How?’ Taekwoon questioned.

‘You just don’t seem like the same Taekwoon I know. Don’t you remember? You used to … push me away,’ Hakyeon looked down and swallowed his words. ‘You’re… kind now.’

Taekwoon was taken back by Hakyeon’s words but he had to admit, he rejected Hakyeon with all his might before. He was too harsh and careless. If only he had realized sooner that his cold demeaning personality would lead to such consequences, he would never have pushed the boy away. He had to make amends before it’s too late. Before that day repeats itself again.

‘About that, I’m really sorry Hakyeon. I was indeed too mean to you. Even I can’t forgive myself for what I did to you. I shouldn’t have pushed you away and neglected you. You’ve only cared and helped me so much yet I… I’m not good with expressing myself nor am I used to such affection from other people. But that doesn’t give me an excuse to harm you either. That’s why, I’m really sorry for hurting you. Please, forgive me and let me make it up to you?’ Taekwoon pleaded, almost tears in his eyes.

‘Uh, no. Don’t be sorry. I was also too pushy and made you feel uncomfortable. I’m the insensitive one here and the one that should be apologizing to you instead!’ Hakyeon was surprised by Taekwoon’s suddenly looking as if he wanted to cry.

‘No! I should- … nevermind. Hakyeon-ah, can we start over again? Please? From the beginning.’ Taekwoon looked at Hakyeon with sincerity that made Hakyeon’s heart beat a little.

Hakyeon nodded.

Taekwoon was relieved that Hakyeon accepted his apologies and was willing to start all over. But he left some things unsaid, secrets that he and the others cannot tell to the boy. Because if Hakyeon knew what happened during that day, they may really lose Hakyeon forever.

~

‘Phew~ that was tiring.’ Jaehwan flopped onto the couch as soon as they entered the waiting room.

Everything was back to normal, so it seemed. Their comeback was announced and promotions had started and just ended. Their new concept and sounds did very well on music programs and the charts. Many of their colleagues also applauded them for their hard work and fresh ideas. Even their stage outfits became a hot topic amongst the Internet.

‘Yeah but it was fun.’ Wonshik said as he joined Jaehwan on the couch.

‘Mhmm! Welcome back hyung.’ Hyuk greeted Hakyeon who just returned after them.

‘Thanks.’ Hakyeon’s voice sounded very unenergetic compared to the usual.

‘Are you tired hyung?’ Hongbin worried.

‘Just a bit.’

Suddenly, Hakyeon could feel a cold hand placed on his forehead. He was startled to see it was Taekwoon’s.

‘Hmm, you have a slight fever. You should get changed so you don’t catch a cold from the damp clothes.’

Hakyeon jolted away. ‘Uh, thanks.’

‘Taekwoon-hyung is becoming more of the mother now instead of Hakyeon-hyung,’ Jaehwan laughed.

‘Shut up,’ Taekwoon was embarrassed.

As Hakyeon looked at s who were laughing away peacefully, he realized something has changed. The group got a lot more affectionate with one another, the members though like they did in the past, would be a lot more cautious with the level of teasing. It was as if they were overly cautious around Hakyeon yet tries to pretend as if everything was back to normal.

Though Hakyeon agreed to start fresh with Taekwoon again, he wasn’t used to it still. Taekwoon suddenly worrying for him, watching over him, taking care of him and even starting to speak for himself on the camera instead of Hakyeon doing all the talking… all was too unrealistic and strange.

It’s as if Hakyeon was still dreaming.

Hakyeon was skeptical of Taekwoon’s kindness and even the rest of the members. But Hakyeon knew better than to suspect other’s good deeds… Hakyeon shook his head and imagination away.

No, no, no. Cha Hakyeon, this is real. Don’t be so negative. They care about me so why am I worrying so much? Don’t mix your dreams and reality together. This is real. They’ve changed for me so stop suspecting them Hakyeon keeps telling himself that.

 

* * * * * * A/N * * * * * *

If you guys are reading both this story and my other NEO fanfic < If You >, I really hope you guys don't get too mixed up with both stories xD It can happen, I know. I've actually gotten a few chapters written already of this story and of my other but I'm just taking time to edit and find a good timing to release them. 

Also, if you do get confused from this chapter, I did my job :D I like confusing my readers apparently~ haha

(Spoiler: There's actually more that happened that day after Hakyeon fainted on the set *dun dun dun*)