Confessions

(LeoN/NEO) Dream.scape

Taekwoon was struck by Hakyeon’s sudden confession and didn’t know how to respond. It was just too sudden that Taekwoon wasn’t mentally prepared for it at all.

Hakyeon told Taekwoon that it was all right for him not to respond. After all, it must be weird for them to be together. They are both men and members of the same group on top of that.

Taekwoon really thought that silence was the answer. Everything seemed as if it were normal again and Hakyeon would still cling onto him whenever he pleased. The only change was that Taekwoon noticed the red cheeks on Hakyeon afterwards.

The apple red cheeks Hakyeon tries to hide away from Taekwoon each time they touched, actually made Taekwoon think the other was rather cute for once. It even brought a smile to Taekwoon when he least expected it.

Thump.

Taekwoon started to pay more attention to Hakyeon’s needs and gave him the attention the other wanted. Though Taekwoon still did not answer to Hakyeon’s confession, both were content with the situation they were in. It was comfortable and relaxing for the two of them and Hakyeon never asked for more.

Until one day, Taekwoon overhead a conversation between some of their staffs at the company.

‘You don’t think they’re going out do you?’ One of them whispered to the other.

‘Going out? But they’re both men! Wouldn’t that make them gay?’ The other was in shock.

‘Yeah…’

‘You don’t think they’re actually gay do you?’

‘I hope not,’ the other sighed, ‘They’re just so close… physically.’

‘They’re just really good friends right?’

‘But to be all over each other like that? The skinship and even holding hands when they’re not in front of the camera for fan-service? Do you notice the way they look at one another? It’s just so… suspicious.’

‘I wish they realize where they are. If it’s true, it’s going to be a problem. They’re idols after all. They need to be more aware especially when we have paparazzi sneaking around the company so often now. If they get caught… it’ll really hurt them.’

Idols? Who are they talking about? Us? We’re the only group in this company…

Taekwoon became worried and started to be more cautious around s. He had almost forgotten that unlike some of the countries overseas, their own country was still very close-minded and hard to accept same- relationships. Being gay in their country was rather frowned upon and those that were in a same- relationship often had to hide from the public eye.

Taekwoon couldn’t help but become concern that even a single rumor about their group being in a relationship with one another would harm their reputations.

That’s why, Taekwoon knew he had to stop being too physically close with any of s. He even tried to break apart s who were rather close with one another especially Wonshik and Jaehwan who clung onto one another a lot. Hakyeon who is always affection to people around him also had rumors going around, rumors that questioned his ual orientation. If the public knew that Hakyeon had confessed to Taekwoon already, who knows what might happen. Taekwoon eventually looked through secret fan forums in order to see what others were saying about his group and s. The things people were saying inside those forums, Taekwoon wish he could just erase and delete them all.

Taekwoon tried his best to push Hakyeon away from being too close without hurting the other’s feelings. But Hakyeon did not realize what Taekwoon was doing and instead, he only came closer. That’s when Taekwoon accidently snapped.

During their comeback for Love Equation, Taekwoon was fine with the simple choreography and slight bodily contacts with s. It was a song that allowed them to be themselves and have fun on stage and Taekwoon was fine with that. Except, Hakyeon eventually got too into the moment and got too close to Taekwoon in front of so many people.

Taekwoon became too anxious and aware of the dozens of cameras and hundreds of eyes that were watching them. Immediately after leaving the stage, Taekwoon pushed Hakyeon away.

‘Taekwoonie?’ Hakyeon got confused.

‘Don’t touch me.’

‘Huh?’

‘It’s disgusting…’

But calling the other disgusting was not what he intended to say at all. Those were the words that the haters were saying on the forums and after many nights of reading those messages, those harsh words became engraved into Taekwoon’s mind. He didn’t think he would end up repeating those words aloud by accident.

Then, the broken expression on Hakyeon’s face… it said it all. There was no going back. It haunted Taekwoon forever.

Why did I say those things? Why didn’t I just clarify it with you when I still had the chance?

But Taekwoon was stubborn as well.

He thought that the words he used to push Hakyeon away was protecting the other from getting too close. Taekwoon never would have thought that those words were the beginning to the current predicament they were in.

As Taekwoon and s wandered around Dreamscape, a single thought kept hovering in his mind.

What if he and Hakyeon stay in this world forever? What if they don’t return to that reality where they won’t be accepted as a couple? Here, he can openly accept Hakyeon’s love and affection without having to mind what others think or perceive them as. This place would be no one but him and Hakyeon. Wouldn’t this place be the perfect world for both of them?

What happens if they were to go back to the real world with Hakyeon? Does that mean things would have to go back to the way it was before? Back to when they were just members of the same group and friends of the same age?

Taekwoon felt the pain in his heart as he imagined things going back to how it used to be. He didn’t want to go back.

~

‘Taekwoon-ah…’ Hakyeon looked pitifully at his broken friend.

‘I can’t do it anymore. More than singing, more than being an idol, I love you more. I tried so hard to ignore your feelings and my own, I tried to reject you and push you away. But you kept coming forward and I wish I could openly accept it. But if I accepted you, you’ll only get hurt if we were caught. I’m afraid. I’m afraid that if we went back to the real world, everything would be back to how it used to be. Back to being idols, back to being in front of so many strangers, and back to being just friends…’

‘Is that why you decided to switch place with the other Taekwoon? Because you-‘

‘It’s because I can keep you here with me.’

‘But you know that isn’t right. Don’t you know how worried the others are because we’re both gone?’

 

‘I know! I know that! But what can I do? I’m going crazy just thinking about how I nearly lost you. Do you know how much I want to embrace you, kiss you, and caress you without having to worry about what others think? I never knew how possessive I am until I met you.’

Hakyeon was shocked at how distressed Taekwoon was with his feelings. He didn’t think the other was in such a dilemma all by himself.

Taekwoon reached out for Hakyeon despite his hands still shaking, he wanted comfort. His voice was still stuttering and his tears kept falling uncontrollably. He’s never fallen this deeply and madly in love with anyone in his life before.

Hakyeon was the first one to make him feel this way.

‘When you first fell unconscious, I really thought it was the end. That I really lost you. I tried so hard to change myself in order for you to accept me again but still, it wasn’t enough.’

‘That’s because I… doubted you guys. Even though I know you all care about me, none of you have ever showed me how much you cared so openly like that before. I couldn’t believe it.’ Hakyeon felt guilty for feeling that way about his own members.

‘Just how many times do I have to continue losing you like this?’

Hakyeon never knew of this side to Jung Taekwoon. The other was usually quiet and observing, unexpressive even when caring. He thought that he was the only one in love but instead, Taekwoon was just as in love as he was.

Seeing Taekwoon become this way really pained Hakyeon to watch. Just how long have Taekwoon been suffering in silence and alone for him to end up this way?

~

‘My fault?’ The Dark Hakyeon asked confused. ‘What are you saying?’

The Dark Taekwoon looked at Hakyeon coldly and resentful.

‘If it’s my fault than take your anger out on me! Why did you come here to toy around with those kids as well! They’re innocent and has nothing to do with our problems.’ Hakyeon said in frustration.

‘They have everything to do with us.’

 ‘What?’

‘If it weren’t for them, you wouldn’t have longed for friendship and freedom. If it wasn’t for them, you would not have changed. What happened to the Dark Hakyeon who I fought so desperately with all those years for the throne? Where did your rage go?’

‘I…’

Hakyeon could not answer. Even he didn’t know why.

‘Ever since the beginning of our time, you have watched Cha Hakyeon become friends with those five and the look in your eyes… you were envious. Do you think I didn’t notice? The way you look at them through the shadows, it’s the same way as if you’re hoping to be a part of them.’

‘You’re right.’ Hakyeon admitted. ‘I do want to be a part of them. I almost wish that I was the Hakyeon they were looking at and not that other Hakyeon. Even since the beginning, fate had brought the six of them together instead of me who was supposed to be the original one. Just because I was born with darkness as a part of me, does that mean I have to be so isolated and so alone? All I ever wanted was to be accepted for who I am, is that really so much to ask for?’

‘Then why didn’t you continue to fight it? Fight with all your rage and hatred like you did in the beginning? Why did you have a sudden change of heart? Why now?’ Taekwoon asked furiously while clutching hard onto the Dark Hakyeon’s shoulders, seeking for an acceptable answer.

‘And what’s the point in that fight? Say if we win, will they accept me wholeheartedly? Or will they just have to force themselves to become my friends because I won that fight while taking away their Hakyeon?’

‘I can always help you erase their memories so that you can replace that Hakyeon though! I even told you it was possible as long as I hold control to Dreamscape.’

‘I know it is possible. You’re powerful, so anything you want can come true. But that isn’t what I want. I want a genuine friendship and bond between me and them. A bond that can be made from nothing into something that means everything. I don’t want a fake friendship or forced through powers. Using brute force and power… that doesn’t make us any different from the Gods. Didn’t we both have one thing in common since the beginning? Resent the Gods who made us this way.’

The Dark Taekwoon’s grasp grew weak just hearing the other’s words. The latter was right.

‘Just because we’re darkness, we were casted aside by those that were born from the light. They were afraid that the darkness was going to overtake them and did not want us in their lives at all. They didn’t want the darkness to exist. They used their powers to rule the lands as they pleased and ignored those that were seemingly inferior to their kind. Being left inside of Limbo for centuries have made me see this. Those from above taunted at us from the Heavens while others mocked us from Hell. They didn’t allow a single place for us to go back to and watched us suffer in the world that had nothing. Do you know how many times I begged for forgiveness and hoping to at least move onto another life? But the Gods turned their back on me and refused me. I hated them a lot and forever will, but that doesn’t mean I should act like them and use my powers to control other’s feelings. If I resort to such methods to making friends, than I rather have no friends at all and remain a shadow forever.’

‘And you’ll be happy with that?’ Taekwoon asked doubtfully.

‘I won’t. But it’s better than nothing. It’s better than having people look at me who is not me.’

‘You’ve grown.’

‘And it took me a millennium to do so. So why are you still hiding? What is your true purpose here in the real world? Isn’t it about time you explain why you and the other Taekwoon switched places?’

The Dark Taekwoon took a deep breath.

‘It was a contract,’ he said.

‘A contract?’

‘Yeah, our first and final contract.’

 

 

* * * * * * A/N * * * * * *

IT'S OUT IT'S OUT IT'S OUT!!!

This comeback feels so unreal... someone hold me TTvTT"

There's so much to talk about (like Hakyeon's solo for Daydream?) ~~ but I'll leave my spazzing on my twitter or else this chapter will become an essay of spazz rather than a new chapter lol