Too

(LeoN/NEO) Dream.scape

As if his purpose of seeing the story behind Dreamscape and his previous life was finally fulfilled, Hakyeon returned to the realm of nothingness. The small town vanished before him, its people and chatters were gone and now, he was standing back in this eerie world. But he was no longer afraid though. He was prepared for a full front confrontation with his lifelong friend.

He felt anxious at first and rather irritated whenever he thought about how betrayed he felt but he knew that running away was no longer the answer. He has ran away for too long to continue running away even now. Escaping his problems only made him end up in this current situation in the first place. If he never ran away from reality, he would not have ended up inside of Dreamscape.

He found his way back to the mansion in which he escaped from a few days ago. That same dark and creepy place that he was trapped in for awhile until Soo-ah came for him and told him what he was able to do even alone. As he opened the large doors at the entrance, a chilling wind welcomed him back.

Hakyeon took a deep breath and took another step forward.

As he walked through the large maze-like mansion again, he came across the same room in which he was held prisoner by Taekwoon.

He opened the door slowly, not knowing exactly what to expect but as he went inside, he could see the room was in a complete mess. Rather than the organized manner in which he left it as, the room was turned upside down.

Taekwoon must’ve been really upset when I escaped…

Hakyeon sighed.

He walked inside calmly, knowing very well that he was no longer powerless and ready to take his guard. He was expecting to see his lifelong friend here but the room was nothing but a mess left behind.

Where could he have gone to?

Hakyeon got a bit worried as he could not find Taekwoon anywhere even after searching all over the mansion. Strangely enough, Hakyeon was still able to make his way around the mansion with ease as if he was already familiar with the setting. Finally, he approached the last place he could in order to find Taekwoon.

He opened the large doors to the throne room with caution.

‘Taekwoon-ah? Jung Taekwoon?’ Hakyeon eventually decided to call out for his friend’s name.

I hope he’s okay and not too angry at me for leaving. I should be the one who is angry right now though!

Hakyeon stomped straight to the throne and called out his friend’s name again.

‘Taekwoonie? Are you in here?’ He called out as he approached the dimmed room with barely any lighting. ‘Ya! Jung Taekwoon! If you were in here, you should have answered me.’

Taekwoon was there indeed.

He was sitting still in front of the broken cage and the broken throne alone. He noticed Hakyeon who decided to return to this place on his own and was rather surprised. But immediately, he remained calm and expressionless again. The silent and composed Jung Taekwoon.

Hakyeon could see that his friend looked rather dejected and almost like a lost child. Did his escape really leave his friend such a big impact?

The older couldn’t help but start to feel apologetic to Taekwoon especially with the way the latter looked. His eyes were so empty and dead. So lost and alone…

Hakyeon decided to walk closer to Taekwoon instead.

‘If you were here, why didn’t you answer me? Look for me?’ Hakyeon asked as he gently knelt in front of Taekwoon to see what sort of expression was on the latter’s face up-close.

Taekwoon looked down at Hakyeon, almost in disbelief of the other’s return.

‘Didn’t you…’ Taekwoon gulped. ‘leave me?’

He said in such a sad and quiet voice that it almost broke Hakyeon’s heart.

‘I did.’ Hakyeon said.

Taekwoon jolt in panic. His hands looked as if they wanted to reach for Hakyeon but was too afraid to do so and left them stranded midair.

Hakyeon sighed and received those lonely hands that were too afraid to approach him.

‘But I can’t leave by myself. You’re coming back home with me too.’

‘I can’t…’ Taekwoon said.

‘Why? Don’t you want to go back home with everyone?’

‘I do. Or at least I did…’ Taekwoon turned away, unable to meet with Hakyeon’s eyes.

‘What are you saying?’

‘If we go back to the real world… you’ll only be even farther out of reach from me.’

‘Huh?’

‘This place… though it has nothing for me at all, at least you are here. Hakyeon-ah,’ Taekwoon called his name gently and sadly, ‘I’m sorry. I never meant to hurt you or reject you but I’m afraid… I’m afraid of the consequences because I don’t want to see you hurt.’

‘Why would you hurt me now then? Don’t you know that trapping here is hurting me even more?’

‘I know… I know… but I-‘ Taekwoon’s voice broke and tears began to fall. ‘I’m not the same Jung Taekwoon you knew, I’m just not the same anymore. Even I begin to hate this side of me…’

Hakyeon has never seen Taekwoon so broken. Was the vocalist acting strong all this time in order to hide himself and his true feelings?

The leader could not bare to watch his friend cry. It was simple heartbreaking.

‘Taekwoon-ah, it’s okay.’ Hakyeon said in a soft and comforting voice. He reached out to Taekwoon and gave him the warmest hug he could ever give. ‘Please, tell me everything. Tell me why you are doing this and what happened between you and that Dark Taekwoon.’

~

5…4…3…2...1

‘The Show Choice of the last week of April goes to… VIXX! Congratulations!’

‘Um, this was our first performance of Dynamite here.’ Wonshik started to speak in front of the many fans and colleagues on the stage. ‘Firstly, thank you to St☆rlights who make it so that VIXX is always shining brightly. Because of your love, we were able to show a good stage and promise to continue to work hard and show you even better stages in the future.’

As Wonshik took the initiative to speak for their group, Hakyeon could feel his hands trembling as he held onto the microphone and the cue cards. He was the special MC that day for the music show and it was his first time doing it as well. He felt nervous, as he has never done something like this before. Only the real leader of VIXX has done so many MC jobs but the Dark Hakyeon have never done it at all except watch from within the dreams.

It’s almost over, stay calm me. Stay calm. Hakyeon kept repeating in his mind as he looked back and forth between his cue cards and Wonshik who was making the most sincere speech he could on stage.

‘Also, I’m thankful to the members who worked hard during this time and be here with them. Since I don’t usually do this, I’m quite nervous,’ Wonshik continued truthfully.

It was only normal that Wonshik were to make this speech for their win this time because neither of the two oldest were the actual members of VIXX. But nonetheless, with the support of their dedicated fans, their first South Korean comeback of the year started off with great success.

‘You were so nervous hyung!’ Hyuk teased Wonshik as they returned to the backstage.

‘See you try,’ Wonshik talked back.

‘You were really quiet too Jaehwan-hyung,’ Hyuk commented.

Unlike the usually hyper and happy cute main vocalist on stage, Jaehwan was rather quiet this time for their comeback and standing on stage.

‘Huh? Uh yeah… I never thought I’d be this nervous too. It’s strange isn’t it?’ Jaehwan tried to smile but rather awkwardly.

‘Sorry I couldn’t really speak for you guys,’ the Dark Hakyeon said as he returned to the waiting room after finishing up his job as the MC for the day.

‘No, no! You did great hyung! You were so shocked when you got to do the MC job. We’re proud of you!’ The youngest cheered him up.

‘Thanks. I hope I didn’t look too nervous in front of the camera.’

Just then, Hakyeon looked around the room to realize that someone was still missing from the group. Though he should not have cared for the other after the stage was over, he couldn’t help it. He was curious and somewhat worried.

‘Where are you going?’ Hongbin asked Hakyeon who was about to leave the room after just coming in.

‘Um, to the washroom. I’ll be right back.’ Hakyeon lied.

‘Uh okay? Don’t take too long. We’re about to leave.’

‘Okay.’

Hakyeon walked around the building in search for that particular person.

Don’t tell me he’s… gone already?

He didn’t know why but he started to feel anxious and rushed. He was scared.

Suddenly, a hand grabbed him from behind.

‘Where are you going? We’re about to leave.’ The Dark Taekwoon appeared out of nowhere.

‘I could ask you the same thing! Where’d you go?’ The Dark Hakyeon asked.

‘…’ The other looked at Hakyeon strangely, ‘you were looking for me?’

‘I was.’

‘Why?’

‘I was worried.’

‘About me?’ Taekwoon doubted.

‘I thought you disappeared already!’

‘What are you talking about…’ Taekwoon’s expression looked as if he was caught.

‘Tell me. Why are you doing all of this? Why are you going through high and low in order to help this group? Don’t you hate them? Don’t you hate me? Didn’t you want revenge? So why…’

‘I thought you don’t trust me.’

‘I don’t. That’s why I don’t get it.’

Hakyeon didn’t want to say the words but deep within his heart, he needed to know the reason behind the other’s every action and plan.

‘Why…’ he gulped before he found the courage to continue,’ why are you disappearing?’

The Dark Hakyeon lifted up the latter’s long sleeves that was hidden underneath the long jacket. Part of the other’s arms have turned completely transparent.

‘Are you going to disappear too?’