Unexpected Visitor

(LeoN/NEO) Dream.scape

‘Wonshik-ah, where are you going?’ Jaehwan shouted out to the younger who was getting ready to head out of the dorm.

‘The studio,’ Wonshik replied while putting his jacket on.

‘Again?’

‘Yeah.’

‘Is that Taekwoon-hyung going to be there too?’ Jaehwan asked.

Wonshik nodded.

‘Should I come with you?’ Jaehwan was worried about leaving the younger all the time alone with the Dark Taekwoon.

‘… No, it’s okay.’ Wonshik hesitated for a second,’ don’t worry about me.’

‘But what if he does something to you?’

‘…’ Wonshik seemed to be thinking about something.

‘Wait, don’t tell me he’s already done something. What is it Wonshik-ah?’ Jaehwan grew even more worried at the younger’s sudden silence.

‘N-no, he hasn’t done anything. Don’t worry okay? I’ll be back for dinner tonight.’

Jaehwan wanted to go with the younger to the studio to make sure that he was all right. But because Wonshik insisted that he was fine, Jaehwan could only obey. Everyone have gone out for the day and left Jaehwan alone to tend to the dorms. Usually, he would also be at the company to do some vocal practices especially since they’re going to be releasing their title track soon but he had to take a break from excessive use of his vocals. His trainer told him to stay home and rest for a few days. He was bored and there was no one around to accompany him.

Even the two youngest are at the dance studio to help the Dark Hakyeon do some dance practices. It’s not like Jaehwan would be of any help when it comes to dancing so he decided to stay put for the day.

Jaehwan ate his breakfast that he prepared for himself and as he was about to put the dishes away, the phone rang. He rushed to grab the phone hoping that it would be one of s.

‘Hello?’ He picked up.

‘It’s Soo-ah.’

‘Ya! Where have you been?!’ Jaehwan was surprised by the sudden caller and finally getting to hear the girl’s voice after missing for the past several days.

‘Sorry. I’ve been busy up at Heaven and sorting things out. As you know, there’s no reception up here.’

Jaehwan sighed.

‘Well, at least you finally called. We got a bit worried.’ He told her.

‘So I heard that the Dark Taekwoon have come to the mortal realm? Is everything okay on your side?’ She sounded rather concern.

‘Who told you that?’

‘Hongbin. He’s been sending me messages about what is happening even though I couldn’t reply.’

‘Oh. Everything is all right. For now anyways. He hasn’t done anything strange in particular except acting like our Taekwoon-hyung and helping Wonshik with the music.’ Jaehwan informed her. ‘Why do you think he’s even here though?’

‘I’d like to know that as well. I was really shocked when I heard about it but if he hasn’t tried anything yet, we can only wait and see. Anyways,  I have been doing a lot of research and meeting up with the Gods from the Heavens. Once I finish, I will be able to help you guys again.’

‘I see. When do you think you’ll be back? It’s kind of unsettling to have that Dark hyung around you know.’

‘I know. But I’m in the middle of finding another way inside of Dreamscape.’

‘Really?!’ Jaehwan got rather happy hearing the news. ‘How is it going?’

‘I’m getting close. Just a little more and I’ll be able to go inside.’

‘You?’

‘Mhmm. Anyways, for the time being, just watch over your members and don’t let your guard down around that Dark Taekwoon okay?’

‘You bet!’

Though Soo-ah did not tell him the details specifically as to how she was going to get inside of Dreamscape, Jaehwan grew really excited to hear the good news. They finally have hope again.

He immediately went inside his room and put on a jacket. He changed into his everyday clothing and rushed out the door. He couldn’t wait to inform the others of the good news! But just as he went to greet the younger members who was probably busy in the dance studio, he heard shouting and crashes coming from inside.

‘Dammit Kim Wonshik! Now you’re standing up for him?’ Hongbin yelled. ‘Did working with him too much get to your head too now?!’

‘Look, I’m not siding with him or anything okay? So calm the down!’ Wonshik shouted back.

Hongbin grabbed Wonshik by his T-shirt angrily, the two looked like they were having a fight while both Hyuk and the Dark Hakyeon was trying to separate the two friends.

‘Woah! What’s going on here?’ Jaehwan rushed inside after seeing the commotion and jumped in to separate the two as well.

‘Hongbin-ah, please calm down,’ the Dark Hakyeon tried to persuade the younger.

‘How can I?! He’s speaking up for that poseur right now! Did you forget that both Hakyeon-hyung and Taekwoon-hyung is missing because of him?!’ Hongbin reminded them.

‘I’m not siding with him! But we need him for this comeback okay? We can’t have a comeback with a missing member!’ Wonshik shouted back.

‘Then we don’t need one! Comeback this and comeback that! Does the safety of our members not concern you anymore? Is being some idol more important than friends or family?! I won’t stand on the stage if it isn’t with our Hakyeon-hyung and Taekwoon-hyung!’ Hongbin flung the Dark Hakyeon’s hands away and stormed outside of the studio in anger.

Jaehwan and Hyuk could see how irritated Hongbin was but at the same time, they also noticed that the younger have unintentionally hurt the Dark Hakyeon’s feelings as well.

‘Don’t worry about Kong, he’s just frustrated and stressed out,’ Jaehwan patted the Dark Hakyeon on the back hoping to comfort him.

‘I’m okay. I know what he’s going through. I’ll be right back,’ the Dark Hakyeon went out of the studio as well.

Wonshik flopped onto the wooden floor and scratched his head in distress. Jaehwan sat next to the rapper to see what was happening while he was away. It broke his heart to see the two friends fight like this.

‘So? What happened?’ Jaehwan started to interrogate the younger.

‘Nothing.’ Wonshik obviously didn’t want to say anything.

‘We were talking about the comeback stage in a few weeks but Hongbin-hyung said that the Dark Taekwoon had no rights to be with us on the same stage for our comeback. He was really mad during the jacket photoshoot as well.’ Hyuk told the older.

‘And?’

‘But Wonshik-hyung here… he said that we needed this Taekwoon-hyung no matter what. So Hongbin-hyung got mad and that’s how this whole thing started.'

‘Is Hyuk right?’ Jaehwan asked the rapper to confirm.

‘…’ He kept quiet while trying to avert his eyes from Jaehwan.

‘Kim Wonshik.’ Jaehwan was losing his patience with the silence.

‘Look, I know that this Taekwoon isn’t the same as our Taekwoon-hyung and who knows what crazy thing he has in mind but if we don’t make this comeback now, when will we ever make one again? We don’t even know if Hakyeon-hyung or Taekwoon-hyung will come back in the first place!’ Wonshik finally revealed what he was worried about for a long time.

It was his dream to stand on stage and continue to make music. He loves s a lot but he was also worried that he might have to let go of his dream because of the missing members. He knew well that he shouldn’t be thinking like that but who can really blame him? He’s worked so hard to get this far.

‘But we can wait can’t we?’

‘What if we can’t? What if those two decides to not come back to the real world ever again?’

‘What are you saying?’

‘Hakyeon-hyung loves Taekwoon-hyung and Taekwoon-hyung decided to stay in Dreamscape rather then come back to us. He’s the one who wanted to leave us in the first place so he can be with Hakyeon-hyung!’ Wonshik grew teary thinking about possibly being abandoned by the two older members.

‘Wonshik-ah…’

Both Jaehwan and Hyuk grew silent while watching their usual strong Kim Wonshik break down in tears.

Have they really been abandoned by their two older members?

~

Hongbin was frustrated and angry. He shut himself inside of the small practice studios in order to try and calm his temper. He’s been trying to be as mature as he could ever since everything began to fall apart but it was no use. He’s already lost his leader, then one of their main vocalists and now a fight with his friend, Wonshik. It felt as if the world was turning its back at him.

‘Damn, damn, damn it!’ Hongbin shouted loudly within the sound-proof studio. He was furiously punching at the walls to release his anger.

He flopped onto the chair and noticed the score sheet of their title track on top of the keyboard. Just looking at the piece of paper was making him angrier. On top of that, he grew anxious just knowing that the person he relied on the most, the leader of VIXX wasn’t there anymore to encourage him. Hongbin grabbed the piece of paper and crumbled it up.

Knock.

Knock.

Hongbin looked at the door to see who it was and noticed that the Dark Hakyeon standing there. The latter carefully opened the door.

‘Can I come in?’ He asked.

Hongbin wanted to be alone but as he looked at the person who had the same face and voice as his leader, he could not find a way to turn him down.

‘Come in.’ Hongbin told him.

The Dark Hakyeon pulled one of the stools and sat next to Hongbin. He noticed the crumbled score on the desk and looked at what kind of expression was on the younger’s face at the moment. He wanted to speak to Hongbin but he didn’t know where to start now that he was here.

‘Um, are you okay?’ Hakyeon asked.

‘Yeah.’

Hakyeon saw that Hongbin’s knuckles were bruised and red. He grew worried.

‘Sorry about what happened back there,’ Hongbin finally said and apologized for the commotion he had caused.

Hakyeon shook his head in disagreement.

‘No. It’s okay. I know what you’re going through and how you feel. If…’ Hakyeon bit his lips,’ if you really don’t want it, I won’t appear in this comeback. I know how much it means to you and the others to be able to stand on the same stage as Hakyeon and Taekwoon. I’ll talk to the CEO about it and halt the comeback until we get those two back.’

Hongbin finally looked at the Dark Hakyeon’s face. He saw how tense and scared the older was feeling. The Dark Hakyeon looked so small next to him and was obviously trying to hold back his own tears and he fiddled around with his own fingers.

‘I’m sorry. It’s just… impossible. I can’t hide my feelings about this whole thing. This is supposed to be our group’s long awaited comeback after coming together again and after going through so much. And you’re… just not Hakyeon-hyung.’ Hongbin didn’t want to say those words and he felt horrible for it but he could not hide what he felt inside anymore.

He likes the Dark Hakyeon a lot but the fact that this Hakyeon have replaced their leader was almost too unacceptable in his mind. He understands the other’s circumstances but that doesn’t change the fact that the other was one of the main causes for their leader’s disappearance. If Hongbin or the other members were to accept the Dark Hakyeon and the Dark Taekwoon for this comeback, what is going to happen to their original members?

Hongbin was anxious and worried.

Unable to speak another word, both became silent and reflected in their mind inside of the small studio. Neither could look at the other eye to eye anymore.

After a long session of silence, Hakyeon decided to leave the younger alone. He was sure that his presence alone was annoying enough for Hongbin to even want to be near him. As he walked by one of the recording studios, he saw that the Dark Taekwoon was discussing something with the producers again.

Hakyeon almost could not believe that the person within the studio was the same Dark Taekwoon who tried to kill him and destroy the world. He looked almost too innocent and played the role of VIXX’s Jung Taekwoon too well.

What are you planning? Why does it seem like you’re enjoying all of this? Don’t you see how much grieve we’ve caused for this group? Isn’t it enough already...

His tears fell just thinking about everything that has happened. He could feel the aching in his heart as he recalled the members’ sad faces. Though they had tried to keep their smiles in front of the Dark Hakyeon, he knew well that their true happiness was to reunite with their original members. He was not their leader, not VIXX’s Cha Hakyeon.

No matter how kind and caring they are towards him, he is still a ‘fake.’

~

‘This road that I wouldn’t have been able to walk without you~ you became my light~’

Hakyeon was singing his group’s songs as he lied there on the bed. He was bored and had nothing to do except the usual banging and throwing things around. He kept thinking about s and worried for their well-being. From one song after another, he kept on singing. He cried a lot during the first few nights but those tears have completely dried up. Somewhere in his mind, he thought he had to stay strong and continue to sing their songs. He was afraid that if he didn’t, he would eventually forget about everything, about who he is and about s.

Taekwoon haven’t visited him again in the past several days. Maybe it could be due to the fact that Hakyeon was throwing things at the other angrily and obviously not wanting to see him. The leader refused to listen to anything the other had to say and demanded to be released.

‘I’ll definitely find a way to get out of here and have my answers from you…’ Hakyeon said determined.

Strangely enough, Hakyeon felt stronger over time as he was trapped in this world. He thought that he was really going to lose his mind and be played into the fake Taekwoon’s trap. But as he found the time alone and thought about s, he reflected on a lot of things. He kept thinking over and over about how he ended up so weak to begin with. Was Cha Hakyeon, the leader of VIXX, always this weak?

No.

In fact, Hakyeon was strong because he knew he had s and dedicated fans to support him no matter what. Sure, the younger members always or fooled around with their leader but Hakyeon knew that they actually care for him. He thought back at when he was hospitalized after being unconscious for a few months and knew how worried the youngers were for him. If the kids didn’t care about Hakyeon, they would have just moved on and continued as five members. But that was not the case at all. Rather, the members even thought about disbanding the group if it wasn’t the six of them together.

‘They really think a lot about you, Hakyeon-ah.’ His manager told him in the past while they were driving outside of town for his filming schedule.

‘Do they?’ Hakyeon said sadly as he recalled the horrible things he did to them during the filming of Chained Up. Even I don’t want to care about myself anymore… I did those horrible things to Hyuk after all.

‘They do! They even thought about disbanding as long as you were able to become conscious again. You should have seen those kids’ faces. They were really concerned and couldn’t even sleep thinking that you were alone in the hospital. They even snuck out of the dorms at night to visit you.’

Hakyeon sighed deeply again after recalling.

‘Why am I so stupid? Why am I so blind to not have seen how much they care for me?’ Hakyeon slapped himself for being so weak.

When did it begin? What made him so weak? Maybe he was better off not having to confess his feelings to Taekwoon after all. If he never did, maybe everything would go back to normal and everyone was happy again. Hakyeon regretted it.

Did his love make him so blind that he couldn’t see anyone around him anymore?

Why am I such an idiot thinking that my members don’t care about me in the first place? Why do I keep doubting them? They’re all such good kids…

Just then, a strong wind hit the window and opened it. Hakyeon jolt from the bed and was about to get up to shut the windows until he saw something come inside. A strange black substance crawled through the bars from the window and into his room. He shivered and terrified at the unexpected visitor.

In a panic, he backed away to the opposite side of the room. Scared but unable to make a sound.

‘Don’t be scared,’ the shadow spoke to him.

‘Huh? W-who are you?’ Hakyeon stuttered nervously.

‘Finally, I have found you Cha Hakyeon. I have come to help you.’

‘Help me?’

‘Yes. My name is Soo-ah. Your members are waiting for you back home.’

‘Soo-ah?’

 

 

* * * * * * A/N * * * * * *

Fun Fact 4: I've always been very fond about dream works and dream theories back in university days because they're just so fascinating. Some dreams are bizarre, but some are so real. Especially ones when you dream about being late for school but actually don't even have school that day... fk those dreams xD But yeah, they make you really confuse and they mess with your mind. You also dream about people you have never met before, places you've never been or even an alternate version of your home. I have so many of those whacky dreams which is why it helped me a lot while I was writing this story.