Gone

(LeoN/NEO) Dream.scape

‘Damn it.’ Taekwoon was having troubles walking through the long dark corridors of the dark mansion after falling into the black hole in which his Dark half had set up.

He has been separated from the rest of s and also hurt his leg after the fall. But unlike the other members, Taekwoon fell back into the same mansion of the Dark Taekwoon. But it wasn’t exactly the same either.

It was probably a replica of the original throne room.

The room had the exact same marbled flooring, giant columns and a high ceiling that looked up towards the moon. It was also the same lonely throne room with a single chair at the very center of the room. Yet, the cage in which Hakyeon was held prisoner in was gone.

Taekwoon could feel the jabbing pain in his right ankle each time he limped forward throughout the corridor. He was getting anxious and thirsty as well. Despite this being inside of a ‘dream,’ he was hungry, tired and also thirsty. It could be possible that even within a dream world, one must eat and live in order to survive.

He went around the maze-like mansion several times in hopes to finding the young members of his group but he had no luck.

The eerie silence and isolation was starting to play with his mind. He even wonders if he was still inside of Dreamscape or if he was casted somewhere far away instead. Due to his injuries and unsettling heart, he could not even bring out the light of his powers to comfort him.

He has been trying to be calm the entire time since he and the members have entered inside of Dreamscape and especially within this replica of the Underworld. He had to be calm in front of s as he was the oldest of the group. Taekwoon was obviously scared and terrified about everything he has seen and heard but he had to remain calm. He didn’t want the others to worry about him when they have enough worries on their minds already. The last thing Taekwoon wanted was to become a burden to s.

So, he remained quiet throughout their time within Dreamscape. Except, now that he was all alone, he almost couldn’t control his emotions. He felt uneasy.

Taekwoon took a deep sigh and tried his best on his own.

Just being in isolation for a bit was hard to bare and terrifying enough for Taekwoon to want to lose his mind. Exactly how did the Dark Taekwoon and Dark Hakyeon stay in Limbo and the Underworld for so many millenniums? Taekwoon couldn’t begin to imagine how horrible things must have been for the other two.

True, Taekwoon was upset with the Dark Hakyeon taking their leader into Dreamscape but after he had heard about the latter’s story, he couldn’t help but also feel sympathy for the Dark Hakyeon. He was alone, unknown and turned away from everyone all those years. Taekwoon knew how the Dark Hakyeon felt.

He’s felt isolation before too when he was in high school. It wasn’t until he met with the members of VIXX that he slowly started to open up to people once more. It was hard to adjust at first though. He even ended up scaring the younger members with his cold demeanor and said harsh words he didn’t mean to towards his lifelong friend. That’s why, he wanted to change himself in order to protect them all.

He took another deep breath and walked through the endless corridors again.

But after several times running around in circles, he finally came across something different. He could heard someone panting painfully behind a closed door up ahead.

Who is it? He wondered. Could it be one of s?

He slowly went up to the doors and opened them carefully to see who was inside. He was shocked to see a room full of trashed furnishing and broken frames all over. Someone was in here and violently destroyed everything around them. As he carefully walked inside, Taekwoon froze as his mind told him to step away immediately.

It was the Dark Taekwoon, his other half.

Taekwoon was worried that he was no match for his darker half and was ready to flee. But something was not right about the Dark Taekwoon. Taekwoon looked at the floor and saw a trail of blood that led up to the other. The Dark one was severely injured but who could have done something like that to such a powerful being?

He thought of leaving before he got noticed but Taekwoon accidently stepped onto one of the broken mirrors that was shattered across the floor.

‘Who’s there?!’ The Dark Taekwoon shouted in alarm.

Taekwoon knew that he could not run away and decided to confront the other instead.

‘It’s me.’ Taekwoon said as he stepped forward into the light.

‘You! How did you get here?’ The other strangely questioned him.

Didn’t he send me here himself? Taekwoon was confused.

Taekwoon could see that the Dark Taekwoon was struggling with his severe injuries but still trying hard to get on his feet to try and intimidate Taekwoon.

‘So, you got separated from the rest huh?’ The Dark one asked.

‘Where are my members? What did you do with them?’ Taekwoon asked back.

‘Heh. You think I’d tell you?’ The latter was obviously still injured and had no energy to talk yet he was still acting egotistical and highly confident with himself which was beginning to irritate Taekwoon even more.

‘Even now, you’re still acting tough. Don’t you know you’re at a disadvantage here?’ Taekwoon tried to argue back.

‘Haha. What’s your point? Are you going to fight me? You? A weakling?’ He provoked him back.

Taekwoon clearly knew that his threat meant nothing to this Dark Taekwoon. Taekwoon looked at his injuries and didn’t understand how the latter was hurt in the first place. Could it have been s that did it? Despite the Dark Taekwoon’s injuries, his presence was intimidating enough for Taekwoon to fear. He was the only one with enough powers to control Dreamscape even if it was their leader’s dreams and not his own.

‘I want to ask you something else.’ Taekwoon initiated a question.

‘…’ The Dark Taekwoon looked at him.

‘I understand that the Dark Hakyeon was desperate enough to exist and wanted revenge which was why he went through all that trouble to help you and possess Hakyeon’s body. But what about you? What’s your purpose? If you were also like the other Hakyeon, you would be trying to possess my body instead of Hakyeon’s dreams. Why did you choose to help the Dark Hakyeon and enter my friend’s dreams instead of mine?’

The Dark one kept quiet. He did not expect such questioning from Taekwoon at all. Despite his quiet appearance, Taekwoon was sharp. He kept his guard and watched everyone around him closely especially his darker half…

‘The other Hakyeon told us that you wanted to help him because you love our Hakyeon and wanted him for yourself… but from the way I see it, that’s a lie isn’t it?’

The Dark Taekwoon got up slowly from his feet, still wobbly from his injuries. But he remained calm and strong in front of Taekwoon.

‘… and what do you think the reason could be?’ He asked back.

‘I don’t know. All I can see is that you’re trying to harm both Hakyeons. You’re using them…’

Taekwoon felt uneasy to hear of the other’s answers.

‘Well? Then let me ask you a simple question. What can you not afford to lose? Who is it that will make you go insane if you were to lose that person instead?’ The Dark Taekwoon asked.

Taekwoon felt his heart tremble just from imagining it. He felt furious and grabbed the Dark Taekwoon to punch him. The other flew back to the ground and his injuries opened up even more.

‘So, you do get.’ The Dark Taekwoon smiled despite his pain.

‘You’re trying to use them against me!’ Taekwoon was angry.

‘Correct.’

‘I won’t let you do as you please! Stay away from them both and my members!’

‘And what if I don’t?’

‘I’ll kill you.’

‘HAHAHA!! You? Try me.’ The Dark Taekwoon laughed evilly. ‘To be honest, this is actually the very first time we’ve really met face to face. It’s really like looking at a mirror and seeing myself. Though you are not the same Taekwoon that created me, you and I have a lot more in common than you think.’

What is he saying? Taekwoon stepped back.

The Dark one grabbed him by his feet, causing him to fall backwards. Slowly, the Dark half crawled up to him, closer and closer.

‘Get… away from me.’ Taekwoon was in fear but could not escape from the Dark one’s grasp.

‘You’re just as evil as I am. Let me tell you something rather interesting. Why do you think I went into Hakyeon’s dream instead of yours? It’s because I couldn’t. Do you really think I haven’t tried? I have tried for so long that I have already lost count how many times I have failed. Why do you think that?’ The Dark one asked.

‘If you think you can play with my mind like you did the other Hakyeon, then you’re wr-‘

‘You know it don’t you. You can feel it inside of you as well. You’re quite sharp and I’m sure you’re smart enough to figure it out by now. You see, those two Hakyeons was able to switch places because one wanted to exist and the other didn’t. It was easy enough for me to manipulate them both at the same time because they were both so stupid. But when it comes to you, Jung Taekwoon, I can never get into your mind as I please.’

Taekwoon swallowed hard. He could feel his heart trembling from anxiety and fear.

But it wasn’t fear from the Dark Taekwoon anymore, but rather himself.

‘If you think I’m the evil one, then I can tell you exactly the same thing. You can try to play nice and quiet all you want, try to change yourself for that Hakyeon but don’t forget, the one who broke him in the first place was you!’ The Dark Taekwoon shouted and glared at Taekwoon furiously.

‘Me…?’

That’s right. It’s… all… my fault.

~

‘Jaehwan-hyung! Wonshik-ah!’ Wake up!’ Someone was calling desperately for their names.

‘Who?’ Jaehwan mumbled as he tried to open his eyes. The bright light was blinding him as he woke up from a familiar voice. As he opened his eyes, he could see Wonshik’s face sleeping next to him as well, both of them were still bounded by a red string.

Jaehwan slowly got up from the wake up call and saw that he was in the hospital bed. As he turned, he saw a familiar face.

‘Kong-ah!’

Hongbin sighed a relief. ‘Thank goodness, you woke up.’

‘Huh? Why are we back already? What happened?’ Jaehwan felt as if it has been forever since he saw the younger’s face since the latter couldn’t join them inside of Dreamscape. ‘Wait, what happened to Hakyeon-hyung? We haven’t brought him back yet have we?’

‘Calm down hyung.’ Hongbin told him.

Just then, Wonshik also woke up from the older one’s loud commotion.

‘We’re back?’ Wonshik asked.

‘Yes. Fortunately we were able to bring you two back safely.’ Soo-ah came inside the room to see if the two of them were all right.

Jaehwan and Wonshik noticed someone was following behind her as they entered the room.

‘Hakyeon-hyung!’ Jaehwan got up from his seat immediately and ran up to the latter.

‘No. I’m not your leader. Sorry…’ He apologized.

‘Wait. You’re the other Hakyeon then?’ Wonshik asked.

The Dark Hakyeon nodded but was obviously depressed about the situation. It wasn’t just their leader who was missing but someone else as well.

‘Where’s Hyogi?’ Jaehwan asked as he noticed the younger was missing from the room.

‘He’s resting in the room next door. He almost died… trying to protect me.’ The Dark Hakyeon’s voice almost broke out in sadness. Just remembering the younger’s blood all over him inside of Dreamscape was terrifying.

‘It’s not your fault.’ Hongbin said. ‘He did what he needed to do in order to protect you.’

‘But why?! I’m not even your Hakyeon!’ The guilt was too much for him to handle.

‘He did what was right.’

‘Lee Hongbin…’

Hongbin and Soo-ah could not get in touch with any of the members after they fell into the Dark Taekwoon’s trap. After many attempts, they finally got past the other’s barrier but what they witnessed was terrifying for them. Both the Dark Hakyeon and Hyuk were desperately fighting against the Dark Taekwoon even though both of them were clearly overpowered. With the help of Soo-ah’s powers, they were able to stop the Dark Taekwoon from nearly ending both of their lives and bring them back to the real world before it was too late.

‘But that isn’t the actual problem right now.’ Soo-ah said in a serious tone.

Both her and Hongbin glanced at one another, their faces grew gloom.

‘What’s wrong, Kong-ah?’ Jaehwan asked.

‘It’s…’ The younger swallowed. ‘It’s… Taekwoon-hyung.’

Our Taekwoon-hyung?’

He nodded.

‘Wh-what happened to him?’ Jaehwan noticed that the older was also nowhere to be found and the depressing silent filled the room. ‘Where is he?’

‘He’s gone.’

‘H-huh?’

‘What do you mean gone? Explain.’ Wonshik asked in concern.

‘We can’t find him inside of Dreamscape and… his body is gone. Vanished… before my very eyes.’

Both Jaehwan and Wonshik scanned the room in disbelief. What did the younger mean by Taekwoon’s body disappearing? It can’t be…

Then they noticed something about the red string that tied them together. A section of the string had turned black and was burnt apart. The exact string that was tying Taekwoon to the rest of them.

Taekwoon was completely gone from the real world.

 

 

* * * * * * A/N * * * * * *

I got too depressed writing the last part of this chapter so I'm just going to cry in my box now.