Warmth

(LeoN/NEO) Dream.scape

‘Please fill in the information on the boxes and sign your name below,’ the receptionist at the desk told the Dark Hakyeon to do so as he was finally dismissed from the hospital.

After pulling a few strings and fake reports that Soo-ah helped him make, he was finally released from the hospital. Though the staffs there were still sceptical in thinking whether or not the leader of VIXX was actually sane enough to be dismissed. Especially after all the crazy things he pulled during the time he was admitted.

Sorry… the Dark Hakyeon could only think in his mind as he left the hospital.

‘Hyung! Get in.’ Hyuk was waiting by the taxi for him to get in.

‘Thanks.’ Hakyeon went to sit next to the youngest.

He looked at Hyuk’s face and the younger seemed fine again. When Hyuk finally woke up from the dream, he found himself lying back in the hospital. Rather than worrying about himself though, he was worried about the Dark Hakyeon and also the fact that their leader has yet to return. But then, when he was told even their second oldest was gone, Hyuk was in a bigger panic.

He didn’t know what else to think except cry and worry just like everyone else.

Taekwoon’s disappearance was just too sudden that no one was prepared for it at all.

Unlike their leader, whose body is now the Dark Hakyeon, Taekwoon was no longer around. Even his body have disappeared before Soo-ah’s and Hongbin’s eyes.

Neither of them knew what had happened during the time when they could not get in contact with the older.

‘We have to get back inside of Dreamscape! Taekwoon-hyung is probably there waiting for us!’ Hyuk cried over and over again while he was still in the hospital.

‘Calm down, Hyuk-ah. There’s… nothing we can do right now.’ Wonshik tried to persuade him.

‘But-‘

‘Wonshik is right. Without the red string or even Taekwoon-hyung’s body, we don’t know another way to even get back inside of Dreamscape.’ Jaehwan said.

‘What about the other Hakyeon-hyung that’s with us?’ The younger asked.

‘It’s not possible. Though the body is our Hakyeon-hyung’s, the link and memories are different. The Dark Hakyeon’s dream isn’t the same as our hyungs. Plus, this Dark Hakyeon-hyung has been through a lot himself. We can’t keep pulling him in such a dangerous situation just when he is about to change.’

‘I understand… what about Soo-ah?’

‘She’s currently away to see if the Heavens have an answer as to what to do next. All we can really do now is to wait for her return and what those above say.’ Wonshik informed him.

Just when they thought that their group was finally back together, Taekwoon also went missing.

Exactly what could have happened to the vocalist while they were separated inside of Dreamscape?

~

‘You can put your things here,’ Hongbin said to the Dark Hakyeon as they reached their dorms.

Hongbin greeted both Hyuk and the Dark Hakyeon who were dismissed from the hospital at the same time. Since this Hakyeon has no choice but to stay with the group now, he was also shown the leader’s bedroom.

‘…’

‘What?’ Hongbin asked him as he helped this Hakyeon settled down his belongings, which weren’t exactly his to begin with.

‘I don’t think it’s right for me to use this room.’ The Dark Hakyeon said as he almost could not find it in himself to step inside the room. It wasn’t his but their leader’s, the other Cha Hakyeon.

‘It’s fine. This is Hakyeon-hyung’s room. You can use it for the time being until we sort everything out.’

‘But-‘

‘I said it’s fine!’ Hongbin shouted suddenly and then sighed.

Hakyeon could see the irritation on the younger’s face and decided not to say anymore.

‘Anyways, Jaehwan-hyung is making dinner so I’m going to help him out. We’ll call you when it’s ready.’ Hongbin said and left Hakyeon alone.

He must be upset. I don’t blame him though… I did take away his hyung from them… The Dark Hakyeon thought as he sat on the bed. He looked around the room of the leader of VIXX’s and saw many things that were a part of the leader’s memories and not his.

There were many photos, awards, and a stack of fan letters. Handmade candles were also placed neatly on the dresser along with several beauty products in which the leader used as a daily routine.

I’m sorry.

The Dark Hakyeon almost could not bear to see anything around the room in which did not belong to him. If only he wasn’t so blind and selfish with his desires, this group would not have fallen apart. He took away their happiness and now, even Jung Taekwoon was gone.

Knock.

‘Can I come in?’ Hyuk peeked through the small opening of the door.

The Dark Hakyeon was surprised by the younger but invited him inside.

The younger automatically sat next to Hakyeon on the bed.

‘Are you feeling okay?’ Hakyeon asked the maknae in concern.

‘Mhmm. Thank you hyung.’ Hyuk suddenly said.

‘Huh?’

‘For saving me.’

‘I didn’t… you’re the one that saved me. And it was Soo-ah and Hongbin that saved us, not me…’

I only ended up hurting you all.

But Hyuk disagreed with him.

‘No, you saved me. I wanted to protect you but in the end, you saved me instead. Soo-ah already told me about what happened. You could have left me there but instead, you defended me against that scary Taekwoon. That’s why I want to thank you. For not leaving me behind.’

‘Why… why are you thanking me? If it weren’t for me… you guys wouldn’t have had to go through all these horrible things. If only I didn’t—‘

‘Don’t say that!’ Hyuk interrupted him. He knew what the Dark Hakyeon wanted to say and was thinking about. ‘I knew you feel sorry for what happened but what about you?! All those things that you also had to go through all your life, all these years and no one even knew about it. No one was there to even help you… how alone you must have felt… if only someone knew…’

Hyuk’s eyes began to grow teary and sad for the Dark Hakyeon’s sake.

Even after almost killing the younger, Hyuk stood by the Dark Hakyeon’s side. The boy’s heart was full of kindness that it even moved the Dark Hakyeon’s heart. No one has ever really cared this much for him before.

‘Thank you,’ Hakyeon said to the boy and hugged him tightly.

‘You’re warm.’ Hyuk said as he returned a tight hug to the Dark Hakyeon.

‘Huh?’

‘Your heart is.’

Sanghyuk-ah, if it wasn’t for you and the others, I don’t think I’ll ever be able to change or forgive myself. Thank you. I’ll do anything to repay you all for your kindness.

~

‘So did Soo-ah ever mention anything about the red strings and why they would burn away like it did when Taekwoon-hyung disappeared?’ Wonshik asked as he and the rest were having dinner together.

‘She doesn’t know about it either. So she brought it with her to the Heavens. They might have an answer to it and possibly another way for us to go back inside of Dreamscape. We may need another bond of some sort or another method especially since we don’t have Taekwoon-hyung now…’ Hongbin sighed.

The members all grew depressed just thinking about the empty chair at the dinner table.

It was rare for all six of them to sit together at the dining table in the first place due to everyone’s busy individual schedules but now, it may never even be possible again.

‘I still can’t believe it… that Dark Taekwoon was really scary.’ Jaehwan said and could still feel the chills down his spines thinking about it.

Everyone agreed.

‘Just how did you ever fight against him?’ Jaehwan asked the Dark Hakyeon.

‘Who won in the end?’ Wonshik asked as well.

The members’ attentions were suddenly drawn towards the Dark Hakyeon and his story.

‘Neither of us won. We fought one another several times throughout the century but before neither of us took over the throne, we were already banished into Limbo. The Hakyeon and Taekwoon of that time had powers of their own to fight against us who were the Dark ones. After wandering around Limbo for a long time, I also lost my motivation to fighting so hard. If I had never bumped into him again by accident inside of Limbo, maybe all my memories of revenge would have been gone by now.’ The Dark Hakyeon told them.

‘Why didn’t you tell your story and truth to the other Hakyeon and Taekwoon of your time though?’ Wonshik asked.

‘I don’t even know. I was young and stupid. I only thought about revenge and that blinded all my reasoning. I think back about it from time to time just the way I was back then, but what was done is done…’ Hakyeon sighed.

‘Well, what matters now is the fact that you’ve changed. Once Soo-ah comes back to tell us what to do next, you’ll help us again won’t you?’ Jaehwan asked.

The Dark Hakyeon nodded.

‘That was the agreement. Until your Hakyeon returns and also finding Jung Taekwoon, I will do my best to assist you all.’

That’s the only way I can think of to repay you guys.

After dinner was over, Hakyeon decided it was only right that he’d help with the dishes. He couldn’t help with preparing any of the food for dinner after all. Not only did the members gave him a warm place to stay but also made sure he was well-fed, despite the fact that none of them were exceptionally great cooks.

‘Hyung, what are you doing tomorrow?’ Hyuk came up to him and helped him to dry the dishes.

‘Nothing, why?’ Hakyeon said.

‘Let’s go out!’

‘Huh? Where?’

‘Well, we don’t know when Soo-ah will be back at all and our schedules are currently on a halt. So why don’t we all go out? I can show you around Seoul!’

‘But…’

‘Come on! You’ve never seen or experienced our city right? So let’s go! Maybe some relaxing can help us later on when things get serious again…’ Hyuk sighed.

‘Sanghyuk-ah, I don’t think-‘

‘Hyogi.’ Hyuk interrupted him.

‘Huh?’

‘Hyogi. That’s what Hakyeon-hyung always called me. You should call me that too!’

‘I thought you didn’t like that nickname…’

‘You know?’

‘Well, I did watch you guys while I was inside of your leader’s dreams.’

‘Heh. Well, I only say that I don’t like but honestly, I’ve grown really attached to it. Even the members and staffs call me that now. Hakyeon-hyung really likes to give us all nicknames. There’s Hyogi, Kongie, Hamzzi, and… Jellyfish Jaehwan,’ the maknae laughed aloud just thinking about the last one.

‘That’s because he cares a lot about you guys. If he didn’t, he probably wouldn’t have thought about such familiar names for you all. You’re all really like family to him.’

Being the oldest and the leader of an idol group isn’t an easy task. The Dark Hakyeon knew how hard this Hakyeon have been training in order to debut. He even took on burdens all alone so that the younger members wouldn’t have to go through with the stress. But eventually, all the stress and pressure that he was taking on alone, was too much for him to handle.

The Dark Hakyeon could sympathize with VIXX’s leader though.

After all, he too, once tried his best to meet other’s expectations and ideals but in the end, only fell into despair and darkness.

‘I understand. Let’s go out tomorrow then,’ Hakyeon agreed to Hyuk’s request.

There was no way he could reject the younger’s kind offer anyways.

~

Growl.

Hakyeon was feeling hungry. How long has it been since he was trapped inside this cage? He doesn’t even remember how he ended up here in the first place.

The room he was in was fairly eerie and empty. There was nothing except a high ceiling and an expensive yet lonely chair below him.

‘Seriously, where am I?’

Hakyeon have been hoping that someone could just come in and answer all the questions he had in his mind.

‘I wonder if the members are okay. What are they even doing right now? They must be worried… I need to go back to them and apologize.’

Hakyeon felt a bit sorry that he suddenly disappeared. Was he kidnapped by someone while he wasn’t aware?

‘I really want to see them… but will they want to even see me?’

The leader felt bad for what he had witnessed during the video clip he was given.  He almost wanted to disappear because he felt horrible for doing the things he could not remember doing at all. But before he disappears, he wants to at least apologize to the members in person. That’s the best thing he could do before he decides to resign from his position as the leader of VIXX.

‘I wonder what Hyogi is up to right now.’

Hakyeon thought of his precious maknae suddenly and really wanted to hug Hyuk. He almost hurt the younger and really wanted to hold Hyuk’s big body and tell him how sorry he was. No wonder why the younger was so afraid of him that one night while he had a nightmare.

Clack.

Hakyeon heard the door unlock.

Slowly, the giant doors to the room were opening.

Hakyeon gulped.

Who is it…

Then, someone walked inside and gave a surprise to Hakyeon. A very familiar face entered the room. Finally, someone who would be able to save him!

Hakyeon sat up immediately and went near the edge of the cage to shout for attention.

‘Taekwoon-ah! Up here! Save me!’

The other looked up at Hakyeon but he looked coldly towards the leader. Something did not feel right. Taekwoon’s gaze were so cold and emotionless…

‘Taekwoon-ah!’ Hakyeon tried to call out again. ‘Please, get me out of here!’

Taekwoon remained silent. But instead, he did something rather shocking in front of the leader. A strange and mysterious wind formed around the latter. A dark power surged throughout Taekwoon’s body and suddenly, Taekwoon looked straight at Hakyeon and sending that power straight towards the leader.

No way!

Hakyeon was shocked and fell backwards.

The cage started to wobble and Taekwoon directed another sharp wind at the chains that were holding the cage to the ceiling. The cage fell hard onto the ground and broke through the marble flooring as it smashed the chair right below it.

Hakyeon felt fear and his body began to tremble.

Slowly, Taekwoon approached Hakyeon.

The leader felt it.

Fear.

Hakyeon immediately backed away at the other side of the cage, far from his lifelong friend.

‘Who…’ Hakyeon swallowed,’ are you?’

Taekwoon continued to remain his silence. Instead, he took the sheath of the sword he was carrying and started to run it along the bars of the cage.

Clank

Clank

Clank

‘Stop it.’ Hakyeon’s body was trembling. This person was not his lifelong friend, it just can’t be.

Clank

‘I said stop! Who are you?! And where the hell am I?’ Hakyeon demanded to know this instance.

Taekwoon stopped to look at the terrified prisoner.

‘I… I am Jung Taekwoon.’