Voice

(LeoN/NEO) Dream.scape

The members were horrified when they received the news that evening. They were worried that when they got back to the dorms that Hakyeon had yet to return. Moments later, the phone rang. They could not believe their ears as they heard that their ‘leader’ was stabbed on his way back to the dorms. Immediately, the five of them rushed to the hospital and waited for the surgery to be completed.

The knife was pierced inside of him deeply and the operation took an usually long time.

It was as if… he didn’t want to fight and stay alive anymore.

‘What do we do? Do you think he’ll be okay? I shouldn’t have let him go home alone,’ Hyuk cried aloud as he could not take his eyes off of the operations light.

‘It’s going to be all right,’ Jaehwan rubbed the younger’s back in order to comfort him but he too, was trembling inside.

Everyone was silently waiting for the operations to finish, still waiting for the doctor to come out and tell them the news.

Even the Dark Taekwoon who was with them stayed quiet the entire time with the rest of the members.

‘If he… dies, what’s going to happen to Hakyeon-hyung?’ Jaehwan choked on his words.

The boys could not look at one another in the eyes but their hearts ached the moment the question was asked. They were all too terrified to think of the possibility that both Cha Hakyeons could be lost.

‘It’s going to be okay. He’s strong, he’ll get through it. I believe in him,’ Wonshik said as if he was trying to be as positive as he could as he clenched his fist.

‘Did they manage to catch the culprit?’ Hyuk asked.

‘Yeah. They caught the entire thing on CCTV. It was one of those sasaengs,’ Jaehwan informed them.

‘Dam-‘ Wonshik was about to shout in anger but someone beat him to it.

A loud thud suddenly came from behind them and they saw the Dark Taekwoon leave in anger. He did not say a single word that night and walked away.

‘Don’t you dare die on me, Cha Hakyeon.’ The Dark Taekwoon said as he finally found himself alone in the emergency stairwell thinking that no one was there.

‘And what if he did?’ Hongbin appeared right after him,’ are you going to be rejoicing now that your rival is finally gone?’

‘He isn’t gone yet!’ The Dark Taekwoon grabbed the younger’s shirt in anger. ‘Do you want him to die?! Huh?’

Hongbin looked at the Dark Taekwoon questioning at why the other was so upset. Hongbin was just as upset with the situation though. He grabbed the Dark Taekwoon’s hands and used his strengths to release the other’s grasp on him.

‘Whether I want him to live or die is none of your concern. But why are you so upset? What exactly are you planning here? Didn’t you always want him and all of us to be dead?’ Hongbin grabbed onto the latter’s shirt in return.

It was obvious that as furious as Hongbin was, he was still trembling with fear and sadness. His fists shook as he held tightly onto Taekwoon’s collar.

‘Tell me. What is your purpose here? Why did our Taekwoon-hyung decide to switch places with you all of a sudden?’ Hongbin asked.

‘Who told… Kim Wonshik…’

‘That’s right. He told me and all of us but even he doesn’t know the actual details about everything. You’re still hiding something from us and I want an answer now! Why did you agree to Taekwoon-hyung’s proposal to come to the real world and take his place? Didn’t you always want to rule the Underworld and become its King? WHY ARE YOU HERE NOW?!’

~

The sound of sirens were ringing in the darkness.

Huh?

The noise finally woke Hakyeon up from his dreams but as he opened his eyes, he was finally able to recall what he was doing and why he was here in the first place.

After running away from that dark and creepy mansion and from his lifelong friend in fear, Hakyeon decided it was best to hide for the time being until he finds a way to escape or until Soo-ah comes for him again.

Despite the fact that both him and Taekwoon were stranded out here in the middle of Dreamscape and nowhere to go, he knew well that the latter didn’t seem to want to leave as desperately as he did. For some unknown reasons, Taekwoon decided to stay inside of Dreamscape and trap his leader here with him. Didn’t the latter come all this way in order to save Hakyeon? What happened?

If only Taekwoon didn’t trap him inside, Hakyeon would have probably been able to go home by now and back to where s were waiting for him.

‘Seriously, what is he thinking?’ Hakyeon sighed. ‘Just thinking about it makes me mad.’

What the hell happened to you Taekwoon-ah?

As Hakyeon wandered around the ghost town of the Underworld, he came across a large Chapel to hide in. He needed a place to stay for the time being especially after a long walk away from the mansion. He didn’t think that this place known as the ‘Dreamscape’ was so vast.

‘Ow… what the-‘ Hakyeon could hear the loud buzzing noises ringing inside of his head.

The sound of sirens again.

‘Where is this sound coming from? An ambulance?’ Hakyeon looked around to see if it was there but there wasn’t anyone else around aside from himself.

He walked into the Chapel as if following the loud sirens that he kept hearing painfully in his head. The noise kept growing louder and louder. Then, it stopped.

As he walked up to the front of the building, he noticed a rather large organ sitting there alone at the front. Was this the instrument that was making the noise? But it was not possible. The organ was old and rusty, the keys were missing and many scratch marks were placed all around it. Hakyeon felt the chills just thinking about the organ possibly playing by itself. He was never good with scary things.

Just then, he noticed something lying there on the ground.

It was a broken statue that had collapsed onto the ground. As Hakyeon went near it to see what the statue was about, he was rather shocked to see a familiar face on it.

‘Mom?’

The sculpture had the exact same face of his own mother back home but why?

Could this be…?

Hakyeon lifted the statue gently back to his spot as he recalled the story of his previous life. Could this statue be his mother from his life as a God? The statue of the Goddess of the Moon?

As the statue stood back up, Hakyeon saw that she was holding onto a mirror. Just as he was about to reach for the mirror, the buzzing sirens appeared again.

‘Dammit, where is this coming from…’

The mirror suddenly glowed intensely and an image reflected on the surface. To Hakyeon’s surprise, he saw a reflection of himself being carried away in an ambulance and drenched in blood.

‘What the- is that me? No… it can’t be… what is going on? Wait… is this the other Hakyeon back in the real world??’

Hakyeon had no idea what was going on except he felt the panic of wanting to reach inside and go back to his body this instant. He could see the Dark Hakyeon drenched in sweat from the pain and the blood pouring nonstop from his stomach. The paramedics were also in panic while trying to keep the other alive until they got to the hospital.

Just then, Hakyeon heard the other’s voice.

‘I’m sorry… I don’t deserve to live. I’m a sinner. I’m sorry. I’m sorry…’

Hakyeon was shocked to hear the other’s voice. It was the first time this has happened and only he was able to hear such words while no one else could. Can it be because they’re connected within the same body that Hakyeon was able to hear the Dark Hakyeon’s thoughts as well?

‘Ya. Can you hear me?’ Hakyeon started to talk to the mirror as if trying to talk to the Dark Hakyeon. But his voice did not reach the other as the other kept thinking about dying and ending his life for his crimes.

Hakyeon felt a bit frustrated that his voice wasn’t getting to the other and it felt like the Dark Hakyeon was continuing to drown in death.

‘Ya! Dark Hakyeon or Cha Hakyeon or whatever! Don’t you dare die while using my body!’ He shouted in anger.

As if his threat was finally heard, the Dark Hakyeon’s brows twitched and eyes slowly opened to see who it was that was shouting at him.

‘Who…’ he said while still subconscious.

‘Who do you think? The one whose body you decided to possess without my permission! Cha Hakyeon, the leader and oldest of VIXX.’

‘But how?’

‘Look, we can get to the details later but don’t you dare think about dying while you’re using my body! You hear me? If you die, that means I’ll die too! I really won’t forgive you if you dare die like this. Stay alive until I figure out a way to get out of this place.’ Hakyeon told him. ‘Damn that Jung Taekwoon, if it wasn’t for him I’d be out already. I just want to punch him so much right now…’

‘Taekwoon? The Dark Taekwoon?’

‘I wish! The one here inside of Dreamscape is the real Taekwoon of VIXX. He seemed to have switched places on his own with the Dark Taekwoon and kept me locked here inside of Dreamscape! How dare he…’ Hakyeon grumbled just thinking about those past days locked up in the prison.

‘But why?’

‘That’s what I’d like to know! Anyways, stay alive okay? Please.’ Hakyeon finally calmed down. ‘Who’s going to watch over my members if you die and that Dark Taekwoon is still there in the real world?’

‘…’

‘You have to protect them and watch over them for me while I’m gone. That’s the least you can do after taking over my body after so many times right?’

The Dark Hakyeon did not have the strength to say another word but he definitely gave a slight nod as he fell back into unconsciousness. It seems that the leader’s message have gone through to the other. He saw that the Dark Hakyeon was safely carried directly to the emergency room for the operation and the doctors were all in panic as they called the members to let them know about what was happening.

Hakyeon sighed a relief as he watched the image vanished from the mirror. He decided to take the mirror with him.

‘Now then, what should I do about this and that darn Jung Taekwoon?’

 

 

* * * * * * A/N * * * * * *

Fun Fact 5: The draft of this fanfic has already surpassed 40+ chapters! I'm just taking my time with the editting and refining as always but hope you all stick around until the end! And don't worry, my updates are very frequent still :D