Secrets

I'm Not Your Eomma (Hyun family)

Daehyun had done his best to raise his son Taehyung, with the help of Youngjae. Daehyun was very grateful for Youngjae helping him with Taehyung. Even though they both didn't know about kids.

Over the years, Taehyung started looking more and more like Baekhyun. Daehyun was worried. He really didn't want to tell Taehyung about Baekhyun. He was still disappointed in Baekhyun and was glad they broke up. Taehyung didn't need a bad influence in his life.

Taehyung saw Youngjae as his eomma, even though Youngjae was just Daehyun's best friend. But Youngjae did a lot of motherly things for Taehyung while Daehyun was at work. Youngjae would pick Taehyung up from school, make his lunches, and tuck him into bed if Daehyun was going to be home late.

Everyone questioned Youngjae when he picked Taehyung up from school, since Taehyung didn't look like Youngjae. But Taehyung would always run to Youngjae screaming 'Eomma!' It confused everyone at first. But they realized Youngjae was one of Taehyung's guardians.

Taehyung was a happy, carefree kid. He was very social and had a lot of friends growing up. 

Daehyun was happy Baekhyun had decided to let him have Taehyung. He loved Taehyung more than anything, and would do anything for him...even lie to protect him.

 

Daehyun and Youngjae agreed to not tell Taehyung about Baekhyun. They were his family. They were happy and didn't want Baekhyun to ruin it.

A few times Youngjae had seen Baekhyun on tv, and had to turn it off when Taehyung was in the room. He didn't even want to see Baekhyun.

They were surprised Baekhyun was still trying to make it as a singer. He was great at singing, but he had let fame and money get to his head. That was one of the reasons he and Daehyun broke up.

 

Some people started to make the connection between Taehyung and Baekhyun. They would question Taehyung about it at school.

'Hey Tae, has anyone told you that you look like the singer Byun Baekhyun?' 

Taehyung looked at them confused. 'No'.

'You look like Baekhyun more than you look like your eomma'.

Taehyung was still too young to understand why they kept comparing his looks to Baekhyun. He already had his eomma and appa. He didn't even know who Byun Baekhyun was.

 

He kept hearing about how much he looked like Baekhyun over the years. He learned to ignore it. How could he be related to someone he never met?

Even Daehyun and Youngjae got people telling them how much Taehyung looks like Baekhyun. They always denied any connection and said it was a coincidence.

Daehyun was getting frustrated. It was going to be harder than he thought to keep Baekhyun a secret from Taehyung.

Daehyun sighed as he slid back on the couch. He put his hand over his face trying to block out everything around him.

'Appa!' Daehyun removed his hand and looked down to see Taehyung running over to him.

'There's my boy'. Daehyun hugged him.

'Appa, are you coming to my band concert tonight?' Taehyung looked at him with big eyes.

'I wouldn't miss it son'. He smiled.

Taehyung smiled back and ran to his room to change.

 

Youngjae sat on the couch next to Daehyun when Taehyung left the room.

'Dae, have you heard about Baekhyun?'

'What about him?' Daehyun sighed.

'He got dropped from his label. He should be off tv now. So you don't have to worry about him anymore'.

'I hope so. It's getting harder and harder to hide the truth from Taehyung.'

'I know. He looks a lot like Baekhyun'.

'Just my luck he had to get a lot of Baekhyun's genes. Why couldn't he get more of mine?'

Youngjae put his hand on Daehyun's shoulder.

'I think you'll be ok now'.

Daehyun hoped he was right. But he was afraid he hadn't seen the last of Baekhyun.

 

*5 years later*

 

Daehyun and Youngjae were on the couch watching tv when Taehyung came in the room.

'Appa'.

'What is it son?' Daehyun looked at him.

'You never gave me my allowance for this week. I did all my chores'.

'Sorry son. Can you go get my wallet? It's on my dresser'.

 

Taehyung went to Daehyun's room and opened the door. He walked over to his dresser and looked for the wallet. He saw a bunch of pictures and work papers from Daehyun's office. Then he saw his dad's wallet under the car keys. He reached over and grabbed the wallet. When he did, he dragged some papers with him. Taehyung got on the floor and started picking them up. He sat them back on the dresser and started to leave the room.

But he realized he missed one and bent down to pick it up. He started to put it back, but suddenly stopped. He looked at the picture carefully. It was his dad, but he didn't recognize the other person. He kept looking at it and realized it was the guy everyone said he looked like. Taehyung was confused. Why would his father have this picture?

Taehyung put the picture in his pocket and went back to the living room. He handed Daehyun his wallet.

'Here appa'.

Daehyun took the wallet and pulled out some money for Taehyung.

Taehyung looked at Daehyun the whole time. He had so many questions going through his head.

Daehyun noticed Taehyung looking at him.

'What is it?' He asked.

Taehyung didn't say anything at first. But then reached in his pocket and pulled out the picture he took.

'What's this?' 

Daehyun looked at the picture in Taehyung's hand and froze. His worst nightmare was coming true. He was hoping this day would never come. But here it was smacking him in the face.