Bonding

I'm Not Your Eomma (Hyun family)

Over the next few weeks, Taehyung had been more quiet, and self reserved. Everything had changed once he found out the truth. He stopped being social, his grades started slipping. He just wasn't himself. 

A couple times Taehyung got brought home by the cops. He would sneak out of the house and cause trouble.

Daehyun and Youngjae were worried about him. They tried talking to him, but Taehyung wouldn't say anything to them.

They didn't know what to do.

Daehyun tried to take Taehyung to counciling hoping they would able able to help him. He hated seeing his son like this. He was also upset about not getting through to Baekhyun.

 

*Flashback*

 

Baekhyun pulled away from Daehyun and pushed him away.

'What was that?' He looked at Daehyun.

'Sorry. I don't know what came over me'.

'We're over Daehyun. There's no going back now.' Baekhyun got off the couch.

'I know, but Taehyung needs to know you don't hate him at least. He needs to know his real mother'.

Baekhyun sighed. 'I can't be with you or your son'.

'I'm not asking you to be with me. I just don't want Taehyung being hurt by what you said.' Daehyun went over to Baekhyun. 'Taehyung thinks you hate him. That he wasn't good enough for you'.

Baekhyun looked down at the table in front of him. 'I can't be the mother he needs. That's why I left him with you'.

Daehyun grabbed Baekhyun's arm and turned him so he was facing him. 'Tell me you don't hate our son'.

Baekhyun looked at the ground and didn't say anything.

Daehyun got upset. 'Are you serious? How could you hate him?'

'I already told you why I did what I did'.

Daehyun sighed. 'I don't know what I was thinking coming here.'

Baekhyun watched Daehyun leave. He picked up the empty beer bottle and threw it at the door. Tears fell from his eyes. 'I'm sorry. I don't hate you...' He said to himself.

 

Daehyun looked over at his son as he drove him home from counciling.

'Are you hungry Tae? We can pick up food on our way home'.

Taehyung didn't answer. He just stared out the window.

'Son, please talk to me. I know you're upset. I don't blame you. But Youngjae and I are still your family.'

'You don't know anything'. Taehyung said silently.

'I'm sorry you have to go through this. But you don't have to go through it alone'.

'Feels like it...'

'What do you mean?'

Taehyung sighed. 'You don't understand what it feels like to know you were abandoned by your parent. That you're not good enough to be their kid. That they don't love you'.

Daehyun stopped the car in their garage.

'Listen to me Tae. You weren't abandoned by both of your parents. I'm still here for you. I love you'.

'But my mom doesn't. He hates me and wants nothing to do with me'.

'You don't need Baekhyun. You have Youngjae who cares about you. He didn't have to help me raise you, but he took it upon himself to help me raise you. I never asked him to. So you have two people who are here for you no matter what'.

'I know, but it's not the same. Kids at school have their real moms. They weren't abandoned'.

'It's Baekhyun's loss. He lost the chance to know an amazing young man'.

Taehyung sighed. 'Not amazing enough for him'.

Taehyung got out of the car and went inside the house. He went to his room and slammed the door.

 

Youngjae heard the sound and saw Daehyun walk inside the house.

'What is going on?' Youngjae asked.

'What do you think?' Daehyun sighed. 'He's still upset about Baekhyun'.

'I don't know what to do anymore. Talking to him doesn't work. Counciling doesn't work. I'm at a loss.'

'It's going to take time. We just have to keep trying'. Youngjae said.

Daehyun could only think of one other thing that might work. He didn't want to do it but it was his last hope.

Daehyun pulled out his phone.

'Who are you calling?' Youngjae asked.

'Don't worry about it'.

 

Youngjae was in the kitchen when the doorbell rang. He went over to the door and opened it. He was surprised at who he saw standing there.

'What are you doing here?' 

'Hello to you too Youngjae'. Baekhyun glared at him.

'You didn't answer my question'. Youngjae said.

'I'm here to see Daehyun. Where is he?'

'Why do you want to see him after all these years'.

Baekhyun sighed. 'It's not what you think'.

'Why do you want to see him?'

'Are you really going to be like this?' Baekhyun put his hand on his hip. 'Let me inside so I can talk to Daehyun'.

'Not until you tell me why you're here'.

Baekhyun kept glaring at him. 'It's none of your business'.

'Tell me'.

'Fine...Daehyun called me and told me to come over here. Ok?'

Youngjae glared at him but let him inside. 

Baekhyun walked past Youngjae and stood in the living room.

Youngjae went to go get Daehyun, then went back to the living room so he could keep an eye on Baekhyun.

They glared at each other the whole time till Daehyun entered the room.

'Glad you actually came'. Daehyun said. 'Taehyung's in his room'. 

Daehyun took Baekhyun to Taehyung's room then went back to the living room with Youngjae so Baekhyun and Taehyung could have privacy.

'Why did you invite him here?' Youngjae asked.

'I did it for Taehyung'. Daehyun looked at him. 'I think Baekhyun is the only one that can help him now'.

'What if he makes things worse?'

Daehyun shrugged. 'I don't know'.

 

Baekhyun closed the door to Taehyung's room and saw Taehyung curled up on his bed facing away from him.

Baekhyun looked at him for a couple minutes not knowing what to say. He cleared his throat and sat on the edge of the bed.

'Umm...Taehyung?' Taehyung didn't move.

Baekhyun slowly reached over and put his hand on Taehyung's arm. He shook him gently.

Taehyung put his head up and looked over at Baekhyun.

Baekhyun gave a small smile. 'Hi'.

'What are you doing here?'

'I came to talk to you.'

'Don't waste your breath'. Taehyung put his head back down.

'Taehyung, I didn't come all this way for you to ignore me'.

'Did you come to tell me you hate me again?'

Baekhyun closed his eyes and sighed. 'I don't hate you'.

'Then why did you abandon me?' 

'I told you'.

'Because I ruined your career...'

'You didn't...'

Taehyung sat up and looked at Baekhyun.

'You told me I did'.

'I know. I'm sorry'. Baekhyun looked at him. Still surprised at the resemblance to himself. 'It wasn't your fault'.

'Dad's fault?'

'It's complicated. But just know it wasn't your fault'.

'Then why leave me with dad?'

'I wasn't ready to be a mom. I was too focused on my career. I left you with your father because I knew I could trust him to take care of you'.

'But you never called, never visited me'.

'I know. I thought it would be best to stay away and not cause problems'.

Taehyung looked at the bed.

'It would of been better to know my real mom all these years'.

'I'm sorry. I was scared to face your father after what I did. I know he hates me. I don't blame him'.

'Do you ever regret what you did?'

Baekhyun sat there and looked at him. 'Sometimes.'

'Do you even want me now? Or did dad put you up to this?'

'Your father did call me. But he didn't tell me what to say.'

'So after this I won't see you again?'

'Do you want to see me again after what I did?'

Taehyung shrugged. 'You are my mom. But I guess you still want nothing to do with me...'

'Give me some time ok?'

'Time for what? You had 15 years!'

Baekhyun sighed. 'You have a point. I'm still not used to the idea of being a mom. I can barely take care of myself let alone another life'.

'Dad can help you. He's taken care of me all these years'.

Baekhyun smiled. 'He's done a great job.'

Taehyung smiled back. The first smile he had in months. He got closer to Baekhyun and hugged him.

Baekhyun was surprised at first. But soon found himself hugging Taehyung back.

 

In the living room, Daehyun and Youngjae were waiting to see what happened between Baekhyun and Taehyung.

Baekhyun soon left Taehyung's room and went to the living room.

'How'd it go?' Daehyun asked.

'Fine...great actually.' Baekhyun looked at him. 'He was in a good mood when I left'.

'Really?' Daehyun and Youngjae were shocked.

'Yes. He seems to be better'. Baekhyun went over to the door.

'Dae, can you drop Taehyung off at my place this weekend?'

'What?' Daehyun looked at Baekhyun. 'Why?'

'He wants to visit'.

'And you're letting him?'

'I told Taehyung I would try to get to know him'.

'I can't believe you're willing to do this'.

'Doesn't mean it will work out. I'm just going to see what happens'.

'Either way I appreciate you talking to Taehyung'.

Baekhyun smiled and left.

Daehyun was still skeptical about the whole thing. But if it meant Taehyung would be happy again, then he would do anything for him.