Run away

I'm Not Your Eomma (Hyun family)

Daehyun woke up the next morning to the sound of his alarm. He tried to reach over and turn it off, but was weighed down.

Daehyun looked over and saw he and Baekhyun had gotten close during the night. His arm was under Baekhyun's head. Baekhyun has his arm around Daehyun's waist.

Daehyun tried to move without waking Baekhyun up. Luckily Baekhyun was a heavy sleeper. 

Daehyun turned his alarm off and got out of bed. He was awake before everyone else.

He woke Taehyung up to go to school. 

He had a hard time waking Taehyung up. Daehyun had to drag him out of bed.

Taehyung sat at the table half awake and ate his breakfast.

 

Baekhyun rolled over and woke up to noises in the kitchen. He sat up and remembered he wasn't at home. He was at Daehyun's.

He sighed thinking about how he wanted to go back home. Have his space.

Baekhyun got out of bed and went to the kitchen.

He saw Daehyun dressed for work and trying to get Taehyung ready to go to school.

Taehyung saw Baekhyun and went over and hugged him causing Baekhyun to run into the wall.

Taehyung hugged him tight.

'Umm...hello.' Baekhyun looked at him. 'Can I get by?'

Taehyung let go and sighed.

Baekhyun went to the kitchen and grabbed some coffee. He felt Taehyung staring at him the whole time.

'Didn't you father teach you not to stare?' 

Daehyun looked at Baekhyun surprised. Taehyung looked down at his plate.

'Baek'. Daehyun said. 'Don't be like that'.

'What?' Baekhyun looked at him. 'I'm not used to being stared at like that after I wake up'.

Taehyung got up and went to his room to change clothes.

 

Daehyun grabbed Baekhyun's arm when he left.

'Hey, try to be nice to Taehyung. He's not a crazy fan. He's your son.'

Baekhyun pulled away from Daehyun. 'I told you, I can't be the mother he needs. All I am is the person who gave birth to him'.

'You have a chance to make up lost time with him. Don't ruin it'.

Baekhyun sighed.

Daehyun went to get Taehyung and took him to school.

 

Baekhyun sat on the couch and put his head in his hands.

He soon heard a door open in the hallway and heard footsteps coming down the hall. He looked up and saw Youngjae enter the room.

He forgot Youngjae was still here. He stood up and tried to go back to Daehyun's room.

 

'You're still here?' He heard Youngjae's voice.

'Yes I am'.

'I figured you would of left by now'. Youngjae said as he started to make breakfast for himself.

'Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm still here'.

'For how long this time?' Youngjae looked at him. 'How long before you abandon Daehyun and Taehyung again?'

Baekhyun reached over and slapped Youngjae.

Youngjae grabbed his face. 'What the hell is wrong with you?'

'Me?' Baekhyun glared at him. 'You're the one bad mouthing me every chance you get.'

Youngjae looked at him surprised. 'Do you blame me? You've hurt Daehyun and Taehyung and will probably do it again'.

'You don't know anything. Yes, I've made some mistakes, but that doesn't give you the right to tear me down every time you see me'.

Youngjae just stared at him.

'I know you've never like me. Even when Daehyun and I were happy together. There's nothing I can do to change your mind. You'll always see me as a heartless monster'.

'I'll stop dissing you when you start treating Daehyun and Taehyung like your family.' Baekhyun looked at him confused. 'When you can actually tell me Taehyung's favorite food, color, hobbies, his likes and dislikes. Things a real mother should know about their child'.

Youngjae looked at Baekhyun. 'I can tell you everything about Taehyung. Because I've been there for him when you haven't'.

Baekhyun slapped Youngjae again. 'Just shut up! I know what I did was wrong. You don't have to keep rubbing it in my face. You and Daehyun have done nothing but tell me what a horrible person I've been. I get it. But there's nothing I can do about it now. I can't turn back time and change everything'.

Baekhyun started shaking and holding back his tears.

Youngjae stood there holding his face that had turned red.

 

Baekhyun turned around and ran to Daehyun's room. He grabbed his bags and started packing his things.

Youngjae was still in the living room when Baekhyun came out of Daehyun's room. 

He saw Baekhyun with his bags.

'Where are you going?'

'Where do you think?' Baekhyun glared at him. 'I'm getting away from you'.

Youngjae grabbed Baekhyun's arm. He knew Daehyun was going to kill him if he found out he made Baekhyun leave. He didn't want to upset Taehyung either.

'Let go of me!' Baekhyun yelled.

'Come back inside'.

'No! I'm not taking anymore crap from you'. Baekhyun pushed Youngjae off of him and ran away as fast as could holding his bags.

 

Youngjae texted Daehyun to get home as soon as he could. 

Youngjae went to pick up Taehyung at school. He tried to hide the red mark on his face.

Taehyung was excited to get home and see Baekhyun. He was hoping Baekhyun was in a better mood.

Youngjae was quiet the whole way home. 

 

Taehyung entered the house and went to look for Baekhyun. Youngjae sat on the couch and waited for Daehyun to get home.

Taehyung went into the living room. 'Where's Baekhyun?' He asked Youngjae.

Youngjae looked at him. 'He left for a few hours'.

'He's coming back right?' 

Youngjae looked at the floor.

'What are you hiding?' Taehyung was getting worried.

 

Daehyun came home as soon as he could. 

He heard screaming and yelling when he opened the door. He saw Taehyung crying and hitting Youngjae's arm.

'How could you?' Taehyung screamed.

Daehyun went over to them and pulled Taehyung away from Youngjae.

'What is going on?'

Taehyung tried to get away from Daehyun. But Daehyun held him tight.

'It's all his fault'. Taehyung screamed.

'What is?' Daehyun asked.

'He made Baekhyun leave'.

'What?' Daehyun looked at Youngjae. 'What happened?'

He let Taehyung go. Taehyung ran to his room and slammed the door.

 

Daehyun sat next to Youngjae. Youngjae looked at the floor.

'What happened between you and Baekhyun?'

'We got into a fight and he left'.

'Why would you start a fight with him?' Daehyun looked at him. 'This was Taehyung's chance to get close to his mother. Why would you ruin that?'

'I'm sorry. I just can't control my hate for Baekhyun'.

'I get you don't like him. You never have. But couldn't you just be nice to him for Taehyung?'

'I should have. But there was just so much I wanted to get off my chest when I saw him'.

Daehyun leaned back on the couch. 'This was my chance to make things right...I don't think Baekhyun well give us another chance'. Daehyun sighed.

Youngjae looked at Daehyun and realized he wanted Baekhyun back for himself, not just for Taehyung.