Home sweet home

I'm Not Your Eomma (Hyun family)

Taehyung and Youngjae waited outside Baekhyun's room. Taehyung was worried about what the doctor would tell them.

Taehyung had been enjoying his time with Baekhyun, only to have it end at the hospital.

Taehyung put his head in his hands and tried to calm down.

Youngjae reached over and rubbed his back. 'I'm sure he's ok.' Youngjae said.

Taehyung sighed. 'I can't lose him again'.

 

Half an hour later, they heard Daehyun run over to them.

'What's going on? Any news?' He asked.

'Not yet'. Youngjae said.

Taehyung got up and hugged his father. Daehyun hugged him back. 'It will be ok son'.

Daehyun held onto Taehyung the whole time. Every now and then he felt a tear land on his shoulder.

He tried to calm Taehyung down.

 

The doctor came out a few minutes later.

'What's going on?' Daehyun asked.

'Are any of you Baekhyun's family?'

Youngjae shook his head, Daehyun looked at the doctor. 'This is his son'. He pointed at Taehyung.

'Baekhyun doesn't have a son.' The doctor said.

'I know it's complicated and never went public, but this is Baekhyun's son'.

Daehyun turned Taehyung to face the doctor.

Taehyung's eyes were red from crying.

The doctor looked at Taehyung carefully. 'Ok fine. Baekhyun's going to be ok. He came close to an overdose but we caught it in time'.

'Overdose?'

'He had a mix of dangerous pills and alcohol in his stomach. Luckily you found him when you did'.

'Can his son see him?'

'He's still unconscious right now. So best to wait when he wakes up'.

The doctor left.

 

Taehyung, Daehyun and Youngjae stayed outside Baekhyun's room. Daehyun snuck peaks in Baekhyun's room to see if he was awake yet. But he wasn't.

Taehyung started falling asleep on his father's shoulder as he waited.

The nurse went to check on Baekhyun a few minutes later.

'He's awake'. She said when she left the room.

Daehyun went inside first.

 

Daehyun shut the door behind him and walked over to Baekhyun's bed.

'How are you feeling?' 

'Like crap. Why am I here?'

'You can thank Taehyung for that?'

'What?' Baekhyun looked at him surprised. 

'Taehyung found you passed out in the bathroom. The doctor said you almost overdosed. What the hell were you thinking?'

'I didn't do it on purpose. It's a new med I'm taking for my depression'.

It was Daehyun's turn to look surprised now. 'You're depressed?'

'Daehyun, I'm not getting into this with you right now'.

'Why the hell would you do this when I left Taehyung in your care? I tried to trust you'.

'I didn't know this would happen. I'm not trying to kill myself if that's what you're thinking.'

'You scared Taehyung.' Daehyun sat on the edge of the bed. 'Can you imagine finding your parent passed out in the bathroom?'

Baekhyun sighed. 'I'd be scared too. I'm sorry'.

'Just thank Taehyung for saving your life'.

'Is he here?'

'Of course he's here. He's outside the door worrying about you'.

'I didn't realize he cares so much about me'.

Daehyun put his hand on Baekhyun's hand. 'You're his mother whether you like it or not. He cares about you even though he's just getting to know you'.

'You really did a good job of raising him'.

'It wasn't all me. That's the kind of person Taehyung is. He very caring, very social. He's a kid at heart who loves everyone around him'.

'Can you send him in here?'

'Of course'. Daehyun squeezed Baekhyun's hand and went to get Taehyung.

 

Taehyung slowly made his way into Baekhyun's room.

Baekhyun looked at him. 'It's ok. Come here'.

Taehyung went over to Baekhyun and hugged him.

Baekhyun was surprised by Taehyung's sudden action but hugged him back.

'Don't do that again'. Taehyung said.

'I didn't mean to scare you. I just had complications with my meds. I'm ok'.

Taehyung didn't let Baekhyun go. 'Don't leave me again'.

Baekhyun didn't say anything. He just let Taehyung hug him.

 

Daehyun came back in the room a few minutes later. He saw Taehyung hugging Baekhyun.

'See he's ok son'. He went over to Taehyung.

Taehyung wouldn't let go of Baekhyun. 

Daehyun saw Baekhyun look at him asking to get Taehyung off of him.

'Tae, Baekhyun's not going anywhere. Let him go so he can rest'.

Taehyung finally let go of Baekhyun. 

'I want to stay here with Baekhyun'. Taehyung said.

Daehyun sighed. 'You can't stay here. You need to come home with me. Baekhyun will be fine'.

'I don't want to lose him again'.

'I know son. But he'll be right here tomorrow. You can come back and see him'.

Taehyung sighed. 'Ok'.

Taehyung gave Baekhyun one last hug before leaving the room with Daehyun.

 

Daehyun took Taehyung home. He was quiet the whole way there.

Daehyun didn't try to talk to him. He knew he was worried about Baekhyun. 

Daehyun was worried about Baekhyun too. He had hoped Baekhyun was finally changing his ways. But he was beginning to think Baekhyun hadn't changed at all.

 

Daehyun found out Baekhyun was going to be released from the hospital the next day. He went to see Baekhyun alone.

Baekhyun was surprised to see Daehyun alone.

'The doctor says you're ready to leave the hospital'. Daehyun said as he entered Baekhyun's room.

'Good. It's boring in here'.

'I'll take you home'.

Baekhyun shrugged but agreed.

'When I say home, I mean my place'.

'What?' Baekhyun looked at him surprised. 'You want me to stay with you?'

'It's so I can keep an eye on you'.

'I'm not a little kid Daehyun.'

'I know, but it'll make Taehyung more relaxed knowing you're nearby'.

Baekhyun sighed. 'Why are you doing this to me?'

'I'm doing this for Taehyung. It'll make him happy'.

'You really put his happiness before yours'. Baekhyun kept looking at him.

'Of course I do. He's my son. I'd do anything to make sure he's happy'.

Baekhyun smiled to himself.

 

Baekhyun was released and Daehyun took him to get his things before taking him to his house.

Daehyun helped Baekhyun with his bags and took him inside.

Youngjae was watching tv when they got there. He smiled at Daehyun, but that quickly changed when he saw Baekhyun.

'What is he doing here?' Youngjae asked.

'Baekhyun is going to be staying with us'.

Youngjae was horrified. 'What? Why?'

'It's only till he gets better'.

'Why didn't you tell me?' Youngjae crossed his arms.

'Because I knew you'd object to him staying here'.

'He shouldn't be here'. Youngjae said.

'Youngjae, I'm right here'. Baekhyun said. 'Can't you save your fighting for later? I have a headache'.

Youngjae glared at Baekhyun.

'You two fight like a married couple'. Baekhyun smiled at Youngjae.

 

Daehyun took Baekhyun's bags to his room.

Youngjae turned to Baekhyun when Daehyun left the room.

'Remember, I'm watching you'. Youngjae said.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and followed Daehyun.

Baekhyun found Daehyun in the first room. He saw pictures of Taehyung on the walls, a full closet, and a lived in room.

'Is this the guest room?' Baekhyun asked.

'No, this is my room'. Daehyun answered.

'Why did you put my bags in your room?'

'We don't have a guest room. So we get to share a room'.

Baekhyun stared at Daehyun. 'Are you serious? We can't share a bed. Can't I sleep on the couch?'

'You can, but it's not the best for sleeping'.

'Why am I here if you don't have the room?'

'I told you why.' Daehyun looked at him. 'You can always share a room with Youngjae if you don't want to share with me'.

'Not funny'. Baekhyun glared at him. 'He hates me with a passion'.

'I always get home late anyway. So you'll have the bed to yourself most the night'.

'Just stay on your side of the bed when you get home'.

'Don't worry I will'.

Baekhyun watched Daehyun carefully as he helped him with his bags.

'I'm going to go shower before I sleep'.

'It's in there'. Daehyun pointed to bathroom. Then left Baekhyun alone.

 

Baekhyun took a shower and changed clothes. He pulled out his meds and took them before getting into bed.

He layed down on one side of the bed and turned the light off.

He was almost asleep when he felt the other side of the bed move.

Baekhyun looked over and saw the outline of Daehyun's body. He felt weird sharing a bed with Daehyun again.

Baekhyun layed his head back down and closed his eyes.

During the night. Daehyun and Baekhyun got closer to each other as they slept and were soon cuddling.