Old Flame

I'm Not Your Eomma (Hyun family)

Baekhyun sat in his living room thinking about earlier. He couldn't believe he had seen his son. He never thought he would see him again. He had tried so hard to forget about him and Daehyun. He had tried to get as many acting and singing jobs he could to take his mind off of them.

Baekhyun grabbed his beer bottle and drank. He needed to relieve his stress.

Baekhyun had almost passed out when he heard someone banging on his door. He jumped at the sound.

He got up and made his way to the door. 

He was surprised when he opened it.

'Daehyun?'

Daehyun glared at him and pushed his way inside.

'What are you doing here? How'd you find me?'

Daehyun didn't answer him.

'Dae?'

'Shut up!' Daehyun yelled. 'You've done enough talking'.

Baekhyun looked at him shocked, but kept quiet.

'What the hell where you thinking says those things to my son?' Daehyun glared at Baekhyun. 'All he wanted to do was meet you, but instead he got told he was the reason for your career failing'.

'But...' Baekhyun started, but Daehyun cut him off.

'My son is not the reason your career failed. You did that all on your own. You brought yourself down and everyone around you. You're the only one to blame. Not me, not Taehyung, or anyone else'.

Baekhyun waited for him to finish before he spoke. 'All I ever did was try to be successful. But you got me pregnant. I couldn't get jobs till after I had the baby. I was having a hard time supporting myself without work. You don't know how hard it was for me. I love singing, it's all I've ever wanted to do. But now it's ruined. I thought the best thing to do was give you the baby and move on. Try to get my career back'.

'That's no excuse for how you talked to my son.'

'He's the one that came to me looking for answers. Why didn't you tell him the truth about me?'

Daehyun looked at Baekhyun surprised. 'I thought you'd want to stay hidden from him. After all you're the one that abandoned him on my porch'.

'I know I did. It was the only thing that I could think of to do.' Baekhyun sighed. 'I knew you'd take care of him. I wasn't worried about him'.

'He's the best thing you ever gave me'.

Baekhyun glared at him. 'After everything we went through? Everything I gave you? He's the best?'

'Of course he is. My life has been better since my son has been in it.' Daehyun smiled thinking about Taehyung. 'I wouldn't change it for anything'.

Baekhyun looked at the ground. 'Glad I could make you happy by having him'. Baekhyun drank from his drink. 'Everyone told me to not have the baby'.

'What?' Daehyun's eyes got wide. 

'They told me to get rid of him...friends, family. Even my label told me it wouldn't be good for my image. I didn't think it would be either'. Baekhyun sighed. 'I knew you wanted to be a father. Even though you told me you didn't want kids. I could tell you did. So I decided to have the baby and give him to you'.

Daehyun sat on the couch. 'But we had broken up'.

'I know...I was 2 months pregnant when we broke up'.

'Why didn't you tell me?' Daehyun looked at him.

'We were constantly fighting by that point. I didn't want to stay together just because of the baby. It would of been worse for us. The baby would constantly hear the fighting'.

Daehyun sighed. 'So why would you go out of your way to tell Taehyung he ruined your career? You even blame me for it'.

'You got me pregnant'. Baekhyun looked at him. 'It was easier to push the two of you away.'

'Why push away your son?'

'Like I said, I wanted to focus on my career. Besides I was scared to become a mom. So it was easier to pretend the two of you didn't exist'.

'You really screwed up Baekhyun'.

Baekhyun glared at him. 'How?'

'You missed the opportunity to get to know an amazing, wonderful, caring kid. He may have your looks, but not your personality'.

Baekhyun kept glaring at him. 'I'm not perfect. But I'm not that bad'.

'I miss the Baekhyun I knew when we first met. But you changed too much. You became cold hearted'.

'You weren't perfect either'.

'How so?'

'You weren't very supportive of my career. You always looked down on me for it. Wanted me to do something else even though singing is my passion'.

'I get that, but I thought you could do better for yourself. I was trying to help you'.

Baekhyun shook his head. 'All you did was piss me off and push me away'.

'I wasn't trying to push you away. I loved you. I cared about you whether you believe it or not'.

Baekhyun drank from his drink till it was gone. 'And now you hate me'.

'You're not my favorite person. But I don't hate you.' Daehyun looked at him. 'I'm disappointed in your behavior towards my son. And I'm upset about the choices you made.'

'It's my life. I chose to follow something I love doing'. 

'Where has that gotten you? You got dropped from your label. You're not living the life you imagined'.

Baekhyun looked away from him.

'This is why I was trying to get you to change careers. You needed something better. Something more stable'.

'You know that I won't change careers'.

Daehyun sighed. 'What's it going to take for you to see the truth? You have no future living like this. You could of had a family with me and Taehyung. But you chose to drink and sing at local places'.

Daehyun stood up. 'I wish you would of listened to me. Maybe we'd still be together. But it's too late.'

Baekhyun looked at him as he walked towards the door.

'I wish you would of stayed and supported me'.

Daehyun turned to him. 'I told you I tried. I supported you at first, but you changed too much. What happened to the Baekhyun I fell in love with?'

Baekhyun went over to him. 'He got told by his label to change his image. That he couldn't be with someone as long as he was signed with them'.

'What?' Daehyun looked at him. 

Baekhyun looked away. 'They found out about us Daehyun. Said I had to keep the single image. I couldn't be seen with someone. Especially a boyfriend'.

'So you thought changing your image was better than being happy with me?'

'I was under contract. I couldn't do anything about it at the time'.

Daehyun had a hard time believing him. 'What about when you met Taehyung? You weren't under contract then'.

'I got scared when I realized who he was. I thought it would be best to have him stay away from me.'

'By making him cry?'

'What?' Baekhyun looked at Daehyun surprised.

'Don't pretend you don't know.' Daehyun glared at him. 'Taehyung came home in tears after talking to you. You ripped his heart out with the things you said to him'.

'I admit I was hard on him. But I was keeping my image in public'.

'Your image of what? A cold hearted jerk?'

Baekhyun sighed. 'I know you don't believe me. You never did'.

Baekhyun went and sat on the couch. All these memories of all the fights he and Daehyun had came back to him.

'You don't make it easy to believe everything you say'. Daehyun sat next to him. 

'You haven't changed since the last time I saw you.' Baekhyun glared at him. 'It's nothing but constant fighting. It was nice to get away from that for awhile'.

'You think I enjoyed fighting with you every day till we broke up?' Daehyun looked at him. 'I hated it. All I wanted was to be happy with you like we were when we first started dating. 

Daehyun reached over and put his hand on top of Baekhyun's hand.

Baekhyun looked at him shocked.

'Seems like we were hardly ever happy together'.

'Baek, we were happy at one point. But it got ruined.' Daehyun sighed. 'I've honestly been miserable without you.'

Baekhyun kept staring at him as he listened to him. Shocked by what he was hearing.

'Didn't seem like it when you first got here'.

'I know. I was upset about Taehyung...I still am. But seeing you again brought back memories. Good and bad'.

'Somehow I knew you'd show up after I saw Taehyung'. Baekhyun looked at him. 'Seems like I can't get away from you'.

'Was I really that bad to be with?'

'No. I really did love you Dae.' Baekhyun bit his lip. 'I'm sorry I ruined what we had. I wouldn't blame you for hating me'. He looked away from Daehyun.

Daehyun reached over and turned Baekhyun's face so he was facing him. 'I just want the old Baekhyun back.'

Baekhyun looked at him surprised, then felt Daehyun's lips on his. He didn't fight him. Instead, he kissed him back.