Lies

I'm Not Your Eomma (Hyun family)

Daehyun just sat there like a deer in headlights. Not knowing what to say as he looked at the picture of him and Baekhyun in Taehyung's hand.

Taehyung and Youngjae stared at Daehyun as they waited for his reply.

'Well?' Taehyung asked. 'Why do you have a picture of the person everyone says I look like?'

'Uhh...Well...you see...' Daehyun stuttered. He couldn't find the words to tell him about Baekhyun.

'I know he's a singer, but this doesn't look like a fan photo.' Taehyung looked at the picture again. 'You two look close. We're you friends?'

Daehyun took the picture from Taehyung. 'Why were you going through my things?'

'Sorry appa. It was an accident'. Taehyung looked at Daehyun. 'Some stuff fell off your dresser when I grabbed your wallet. I put everything back, but that picture'.

'Just forget about about the picture son. It's nothing'.

'But...'

'I said forget it Tae'.

Taehyung sighed. 'Ok'. He took his allowance from Daehyun and went to his room.

 

Youngjae was still staring at Daehyun. 'Why do you still have a picture of you and Baekhyun?'

Daehyun sighed. 'No reason'.

'Do you still love him?'

Daehyun snapped his head towards Youngjae. 'Of course not. I just missed this picture when I got rid of everything that had to do with our relationship'.

'Ok.' Youngjae sat back against the couch and watched the tv. But he felt something was off with Daehyun.

 

Taehyung layed down on his bed still thinking of the picture he found in Daehyun's room. He wondered why his father got so defense when he asked him about it. He figured there must be more to that picture. 

Taehyung pulled out his phone and looked up info on Baekhyun. He found a lot of fan websites, bio, discography...etc. But nothing that really helped him with the questions he had. 

He saw that Baekhyun had been dropped from his label, but was still doing local shows. He wondered if Baekhyun remembered his father and could give him answers to the questions he had.

He looked up the dates of Baekhyun's next shows, hoping he'd be able to go to one and talk to him. He saw a date for tomorrow night. He'd planned on going to that one and coming up for an excuse to leave the house.

Taehyung layed back down on his bed and started falling asleep when he heard a knock on his door.

'Tae?' Youngjae opened the door.

'Yes?' He replied.

'Dinner's ready.'

'Ok eomma'. Taehyung sat up. 'I'll be right there'.

Youngjae started the leave the room.

'Eomma?' Taehyung stopped him.

'Yes Tae?'

'Do you know why appa got so defense when I asked him about that picture?'

'No'. He lied. 'I'm sure it's nothing.'

'I just don't understand why everyone says I look like Baekhyun'. Taehyung looked at Youngjae. 'Why don't I look like you?'

'You just got you father's genes Tae'. Youngjae hated lying to Taehyung. But he promised Daehyun he wouldn't say anything. Besides, he felt like Daehyun should be the one to tell Taehyung about Baekhyun.

'Come on Tae. Food's getting cold.'

'Ok'.

Taehyung got off the bed and followed Youngjae to the kitchen. He put some food on the plate and sat down. He ate his food without saying a word.

Daehyun looked at Taehyung and noticed how quiet he was being.

'Are you ok son?' He asked.

Taehyung didn't answer him. 

'Tae, is something bothering you? You're being very quiet'.

Taehyung still didn't say anything.

Daehyun was getting ready to say something else when Youngjae stopped him.

'Dae!' Daehyun looked over at Youngjae and saw him motioning for him to leave Taehyung alone.

Daehyun sighed and started eating. All three ate in silence.

Taehyung got up when he was finished and put his plate away before going back to his room.

 

Daehyun looked at Youngjae in frustration. 'What is going on with him?'

'What do you think, Dae?' Youngjae looked at him. 'You're lying to your son.'

'It's for his own good'.

'He's upset and frustrated about this whole situation. You need to tell him'.

'Tell him what? That Baekhyun abandoned him on our doorstep?'

'Well not like that. But he needs to know about his real mom. Maybe once he knows the truth about Baekhyun he'll move on with his life'.

Daehyun put his head in his hands. 'I really don't think it's a good idea. He's not ready'.

'Dae, he's 15 now. He's going to find out sooner or later'. Youngjae looked at him. 'He already came close when he found that picture of you and Baekhyun'.

'I know'. Daehyun looked at Youngjae. 'I hate lying to my son. But I just don't have the heart to tell him his mom doesn't want him.'

 

The next night, Taehyung got ready to go see Baekhyun at his local show. He kept thinking about it the whole time at school. He was hoping to finally get some answers.

He left his room and walked past his parents who were sitting on the couch looking at their phones.

'Where are you going?' Daehyun asked.

'To a friend's house to work on a project'.

'At this hour?'

'Appa, it's not that late. I'll be back in a couple of hours'.

'Ok.' 

Taehyung left house and went to the address the he got online.

 

When he got there he tried to go in but was stopped by a security guard.

'Hey!' Taehyung glared at him. 'Why can't I go in?'

'You're not old enough'.

'What?' He was confused.

'Only 18 and older aloud'.

Taehyung looked at the sign on the building and realized it was a club. He sighed in frustration.

'I'm not going to drink. I just need to talk to someone'.

'Sorry, still can't let you in'.

'Well, when will Baekhyun be here?'

'He's already here'.

'I just need to talk to him for a minute'.

'You'll just have to wait out here for him'.

'When will he be out here?'

'I don't know. I don't keep track of the performers'.

Taehyung sighed and sat down on the curb. He made sure he sat where he could see the door.

 

Taehyung was sitting on the curb for about 2 hours before he saw the door open. He saw Baekhyun exiting the building. He was walking with someone.

Taehyung got up and went over to him. 'Baekhyun?'

Baekhyun turned when he heard his name. He looked at Taehyung confused. 'Yes?'

'Umm.' Taehyung looked at Baekhyun amazed at how similar he was to himself. 'Is it possible to ask you a few questions?'

Baekhyun looked at his watch. 'I really have to get going kid. I have another appointment'.

'It will only take a minute'.

'I'm not doing interviews right now'.

'It's not an interview'.

Baekhyun looked at him confused. 'Then what is it?'

'Do you remember a guy named Jung Daehyun?'

Baekhyun froze when he heard Daehyun's name. He looked at Taehyung carefully and realized what was happening. He was face to face with his son.