I'm sorry

I'm Not Your Eomma (Hyun family)

Baekhyun ran home and locked the door. He threw his bags on the floor and went to the kitchen.

He grabbed a beer and sat down on the couch.

He was still shaking from his confrontation with Youngjae. He didn't know why Youngjae had to be such a jerk to him. He was trying to change.

Baekhyun layed down on the couch and tried to sleep. He was almost asleep when his phone went off.

Baekhyun got off the couch and went over to his phone. He looked to see Daehyun calling him. He declined the call and went back over to the couch.

His phone kept going off. He got up and finally turned the phone off.

He sighed in relief when the phone stopped ringing. He didn't need another headache.

He grabbed his bags and took them into his room. He set them on the bed and started unpacking.

 

Baekhyun was about half done when he saw something in the bag he didn't recognize. 

He pulled out a wooden box that was the size of a shoe box. He looked at it wondering how it got into his bag.

He kept looking at the box. He realized he grabbed it by mistake when he was packing his bag in a hurry.

He sat on the bed and kept looking at the box. It was locked, so he couldn't look inside. 

But then he noticed the top of the box looked like it had something carved on it. 

He held the box closer and read, 'JDH'. Underneath it was, 'BBH'.

He stared at it confused trying to think of what that meant.

He sat there for a few minutes trying to think of words that would work for those letters.

 

Baekhyun finished his beer as he kept thinking. Then it finally hit him.

He realized Daehyun had a box with his and Baekhyun's initials carved on the top. Now that he figured out what was carved on the box he wanted to know what was inside.

He picked up the lock and saw it needed a number code, not a key.

He tried different numbers. Trying to think what Daehyun's code could be. He tried random numbers, he tried birthdays. Nothing worked.

Baekhyun was getting frustrated. He decided to try one last number combination before giving up. 

Baekhyun put in the date of when he and Daehyun got together. The lock clicked open.

 

Baekhyun took off the lock and opened the box. He looked inside and was surprised at what he saw.

Inside were pictures of him and Daehyun. There were letters Baekhyun had written him. Also a few small gifts Baekhyun had given him.

Baekhyun was surprised Daehyun still had all this stuff from when they were together.

He took out the letters and read some of them. All the old feelings coming back to him of when he and Daehyun were happy and in love. He remembered how loved Daehyun made him feel.

He put the letters back in the box and dug around in the box some more.

Towards the bottom, he pulled out a ring. He recognized it. It was the promise ring he and Daehyun bought for each other.

Baekhyun slid it on his ring finger and kept looking through the box.

 

Daehyun kept trying to get a hold of Baekhyun. But gave up when he realized Baekhyun turned his phone off.

He sighed and sat on the couch. He didn't know what he was going to do about Taehyung now.

 

Taehyung was back to his quiet self. He wouldn't say anything to Youngjae. He would only glare at him when he saw him.

He would walk home instead of waiting for Youngjae to pick him up.

Youngjae was hating himself for what he did to Taehyung. He knew how badly Taehyung wanted to know Baekhyun, and he blew it.

He tried to make it up to him by buying him stuff. Making his favorite foods. But nothing worked. Taehyung wanted nothing to do with him.

 

Daehyun tried for a few days to get a hold of Baekhyun. But he never answered his phone for him. Daehyun left several messages for Baekhyun to call him back. But he never heard back from him.

 

That night, Daehyun went home to find the house quiet.

Taehyung locked himself in his room.

Youngjae was in his room instead of the living room.

Daehyun hated how quiet it was. He hated seeing his son fighting with his best friend.

Daehyun sighed and went to the kitchen. He had brought food home.

 

Daehyun went to Taehyung's room and knocked on the door. But there was no answer.

He opened the door and poked his head in. Taehyung was laying on his bed listening to music.

Daehyun went over to him and shook him gently.

Taehyung looked at him.

'Come eat. I brought food home'.

'I'm not hungry'. Taehyung layed his head back down.

'Tae, you can't be mad forever. We'll work this out'.

Taehyung sighed. 'I don't think that will happen.'

'I'm trying my best, son. I can only do so much. Believe me I want to see you happy again'.

Taehyung didn't say anything. Instead he turned his music up.

Daehyun sighed and left the room.

He went to Youngjae's room. Youngjae said he'd join Daehyun shortly.

 

Daehyun went back to the kitchen and pulled out the food. He started setting up when the doorbell rang.

Daehyun stopped what he was doing and went to answer the door.

He opened the door and stood there in shock as Baekhyun looked back him.

'Baek?'

Baekhyun smiled.

'What are you doing here?' He was actually happy to see Baekhyun.

Baekhyun didn't say anything. Instead, he pulled Daehyun to him and kissed him.

Daehyun was surprised, but kissed Baekhyun back.

'I'm sorry'. Baekhyun said between kisses. 'I'm sorry I let you go'.

'You're here now'. Daehyun kept kissing him.

'I'm sorry for hurting you and Taehyung'. Daehyun could feel Baekhyun's tears on his lips as they kissed. But he ignored it.

'Come on'. Daehyun pulled Baekhyun inside the house and shut the door.