Special delivery

I'm Not Your Eomma (Hyun family)

 

*Doorbell*

 

Daehyun sighed. He'd had so many kids ring his doorbell and take off running. He was tired of the pranks, so he didn't answer the door this time. He was too tired from work to deal with them.

Daehyun's roommate walked into the room and saw Daehyun on the couch.

'Are you going to get that?' Youngjae asked.

'Why should I? It's just the same kids that ring the bell and run off'.

Youngjae shrugged and went to the kitchen. He started digging around in the fridge.

Daehyun kept watching tv. He just wanted to relax after a stressful day at work.

 

Youngjae stopped digging in the fridge and shut the door.

'You hear that?' He asked.

'Hear what? Daehyun asked.

'I heard a noise outside'.

Youngjae walked over to the window and looked outside, but it was too dark to see anything.

 

Youngjae sighed and went back to the kitchen. He started making dinner when he heard the noise again.

'Dae, I still hear the noise'.

'It's probably nothing'. Daehyun said not taking his eyes off the tv. 'Just ignore it'.

Youngjae tried to focus on making dinner, but he could tell something wasn't right. The noise he heard worried him.

 

Youngjae turned off the stove and went to the door. He the outside light and looked around. He still couldn't see anything. But he kept hearing the noise.

He recognized that sound. It was a baby crying. Youngjae opened the door and called for Daehyun.

'Dae...you gotta come see this'.

 

Daehyun sighed and got off the couch.

'This better be important'. He said as he walked over to Youngjae.

'You tell me...' Youngjae pointed at a baby sitting in a carrier on their porch.

'What the...' Daehyun looked at the baby confused. 

'Please tell me this is a prank'. He looked around to see if he could see anyone nearby. But he saw nothing.

'Who would leave their baby on our porch as a prank?' Youngjae looked at him. 

'I don't know. But this isn't funny'.

 

They took the baby inside and set the carrier on the coffee table. They looked at the baby, then each other.

'So...What do we do with it?' Youngjae asked. 

'We need to find the mother so we can return it'. Daehyun said. 'We can't keep it'.

'How are we supposed to find the mother? We don't know who left it'.

'It has to be someone that knows us'.

 

The baby looked at the two boys and started crying. Daehyun and Youngjae looked at each other.

'Make it be quiet'. Daehyun covered his ears. 

'I don't know anything about babies'. Youngjae said.

'Do something!'

Youngjae reached into the carrier and picked up the baby. He started rocking him to calm him down.

 

Daehyun noticed an envelope had fallen out of the carrier when Youngjae picked up the baby.

'What's that?' Youngjae asked.

'I don't know'. Daehyun picked up the envelope and saw his name was written on the front. 

Daehyun froze in place. 'Oh god, what's happening?' He asked himself.

He opened the envelope and pulled out the letter. He recognized the handwriting immediately.

 

Thanks a lot you bastard. I trusted you and you ruined my career with this baby, so I thought I would return the favor. I don't care what you do with it. But do not...I repeat, do NOT try and contact me. I won't take it back. I'm done with you.

 

Daehyun crumpled up the letter and threw it in anger.

'What did it say?' Youngjae asked.

Daehyun put his head in his hands. 'The baby is mine'.

'What?'

'The letter was from Baekhyun'.

'Your ex?'

Daehyun nodded.

'Why would Baekhyun send you the baby?'

'He doesn't want the baby.' Daehyun sighed. 'I didn't even know he was pregnant'.

'So what are you going to do?' Youngjae looked at him.

'Keep him. It is my baby.'

Daehyun took the baby from Youngjae and held him. He looked at the baby carefully and saw the resemblance between him and Baekhyun. He kissed the baby's forehead. The baby soon fell asleep.

'Can you help me get some things for the baby?' Daehyun asked.

'Of course'. Youngjae stood up. 'I'll help you take care of him'.

Daehyun smiled. 'Thanks. I appreciate that'.

'You're my best friend. I know you've been put in a difficult spot'.

Daehyun looked at the baby sleeping in his arms. He was actually happy to find out he was a father. Baekhyun's loss was his gain.