Nine

The Girl Called She
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Where are we going?” Chanyeol asked for what seemed like the 50th time that day.

 

The guys took pity on him and untied his hands and feet as soon as they were far away from Jennie’s neighborhood. Chanyeol didn’t attempt stealing his phone from Kyungsoo since it was hidden in Kyungsoo’s pocket and he was giving Chanyeol death glares. Besides, it was pointless to take it because he was sure that Kyungsoo did something to his phone so he wouldn’t be able to open it.

 

Kyungsoo, who was playing on his phone, spoke without looking up, “Who’s going to tell Chanyeol that we’re tired of listening to him?”

 

“I heard that.” Chanyeol muttered, glaring at Kyungsoo through the rearview mirror.

 

“You were supposed to. Stop glaring at me, the rearview mirror might break.” Kyungsoo replied, still not giving Chanyeol even a glance.

 

Chanyeol averted his gaze as he got goosebumps, wondering how Kyungsoo knew he was glaring without even having to look at Chanyeol. Sometimes, his friend creeps him out.

 

“Can’t we just put a sock inside his mouth so he would shut up?” Baekhyun suggested.

 

“Great idea. Sehun, take your sock off.” Minseok ordered.

 

“Why me?” Sehun whined.

 

“Because you have the smelliest feet here.” Junmyeon answered before Minseok could.

 

“Uh, you guys don’t need to do it, I’m going to shut up now.” Chanyeol said in a little voice, as he visibly shrank under their gaze.

 

The guys nodded and as Junmyeon drove them to a place Chanyeol didn’t know of, the others dozed off. After a while, Junmyeon pulled up in a beach, the sun was almost setting and Chanyeol rolled the window down to stare at the sky in awe.

 

“Hey giant, stop staring and help us unload.” Baekhyun called out as he opened the door.

 

Chanyeol followed after him, walking towards the trunk and checking what’s inside the boxes.

 

“What’s that?” Chanyeol asked Minseok who was carrying what seemed like a heavy box.

 

“Alcohol.” Minseok huffed.

 

Chanyeol’s eyes widened comically as he stared at Minseok. “We’re going to drink?”

 

“No, we’re going to chew the alcohol.” Sehun rolled his eyes as he replied, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

 

Chanyeol pouted and mumbled, “Why is everybody so mean to me?”

 

Junmyeon, who was walking past him, carrying a tent, turned his head in the direction of Chanyeol and said, “Because you’re asking irrelevant questions.”

 

“But...but...Sehun is barely 18, how can he drink alcohol?” Chanyeol thought out loud.

 

“, no one’s going to know if none of us would spill. Now, go help the others unload, you’re wasting time.” Minseok shook his head as he put down some plastic bags beside the tent that Junmyeon and Kyungsoo were currently setting up.

 

Chanyeol sighed and took some plastic bags from the trunk. He took a peek inside and found some junk food. Chanyeol smiled to himself as he put the plastic bags down next to the box of alcohol.

 

Once they were done unloading and setting the tent up, the 6 guys sat down on the sand, in front of the ocean where they had a clear view of the sun setting down.

 

The sky was striking, the shade of yellow and orange collided in the horizon, completing the view of the sunset. The sound of the waves hitting the shore rung in their ears as the wind kissed their skin. In silence, they watched beauty concretizing right before their eyes. For a moment, they forgot the world they left behind and relished in the peace that the place brought.

 

While watching the sunset, Junmyeon took the box of beer and opened it. He passed some cans of beer to the other guys and together, they took a shot.

 

Chanyeol shook his head after one sip while the others finished a whole can in one shot. Chanyeol gulped as he wondered why the guys suddenly wanted to get drunk.

 

“I’m going to miss this.” Sehun sighed. He said it in a low tone, but loud enough for the others to hear him.

 

Baekhyun, who was sitting beside Sehun, took a look at the latter and gave a little smile. “It’s not like we’re not going to see each other in college anymore.”

 

There was a pause before Kyungsoo spoke, “We can never tell. People get busy in college. It’s not like we can all get accepted into one university.” He was staring straight ahead as he drank his beer.

 

Minseok nodded with his eyes closed. “There’s no assurance in life.”

 

Junmyeon, who was observing each one of them, finally spoke, “It’s not like we’ll grow apart if we wouldn’t get to spend time together anymore.”

 

Chanyeol bobbed his head up and down excitedly, “I’ll call you guys everyday!”

 

Sehun chuckled “How innocent of you to think that you have time to call and chat with your friends.” He patted Chanyeol’s shoulder.

 

“Why?” Chanyeol asked, dumbfounded.

 

“Because people grow up and outgrow each other, stupid.” Kyungsoo rolled his eyes in annoyance.

 

“But I won’t outgrow you guys!” Chanyeol swore.

 

“We’ll outgrow you.” Baekhyun teased.

 

The others laughed as Chanyeol whined.

 

“So what are your plans with Jennie?” Sehun asked once their laughter subsided.

 

Chanyeol took another sip from his can of beer as his eyes darted from Sehun to the other guys whose gazes were fixed on him.

 

Kyungsoo smirked and said in a matter-of-fact tone, “He has no plans because he’s not sure how to handle Jennie.”

 

Chanyeol glared at him but before he could reply, Baekhyun spoke up. “That’s why we came up with a genius plan to make her admit that she likes you.”

 

Chanyeol stared at Baekhyun with his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter