One

The Girl Called She
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Is that her? She's actually pretty. I didn't expect her to be pretty." A male student said in a hushed tone.

"Shh! What are you doing? She might hear you. You know, the last time someone talked about her while she was within hearing distance, the student got bitten by his dog  at home." A female student scolded.

"Well, are the rumors true?" The first student asked.

The second student didn't respond but she could almost imagine the way the second student nodded her head and put her forefinger on her lips to warn the boy not to say anything more about the topic. She continued getting the books she needed from the locker, not caring about the whispers and stares directed at her. She was used to it; she has always been quiet as a child and her silence was the type to give people the creeps. She didn't mind because she liked being alone and would rather not talk to any human being in school.

She slammed her locker's door shut which startled the students around her and the students made a show of getting busy putting their own stuff in the locker. They avoided her and looked anywhere but her eyes. It made her want to laugh but it would give the students a hear attack or cause a paranoia so she didn't but she enjoyed how her silence could overpower their noise. She always stared straight ahead, looking at nothing or no one in particular so people were bound to avoid her gaze instead.

She made her way to her first class before  the school bell rung, indicating that everyone must get inside his respective classroom. As soon as she stepped inside the room, silence hung in the air. Everyone stopped what he or she was doing, trying to take in their bad luck of being in the same class as her. She continued walking to a vacant desk--the furthest one at the back beside the window--and pulled out the chair, ignoring the fact that everybody probably stopped breathing the moment she walked in. She crossed her arms in front of her, looking straight ahead and the other students finally got back to their senses and continued what they were doing but had become more cautious knowing that she was in the same room as them.

The teacher walked in and the students got back to their seats. The teacher started the roll call and paused when he got to her name. He visibly swallowed a lump in his throat as he mustered to call her name out loud. It was no secret even among the teachers that she was bad news. There had been many cases of teachers getting into accidents after interacting with her. They said that she had a curse and anyone who tried to get close to her would suffer from the same curse too. She must have taken pity on him because she raised her hand without being called. Avoiding her gaze, the teacher nodded and nervously went on with the roll call.

"Park Chanyeol." The teacher called.

The students looked around to find him but he wasn't there. Some girls gave each other the knowing stare after finding out that the handsome but slow guy, Park Chanyeol, was in the same class. Perhaps  they were not as unlucky as they thought they were.

Everybody knows Park Chanyeol; he's tall and awkward and also a bit slow. It would take time for him to get things right and learn. But that just added to his charm; girls found him adorable because of his easy-going personality and he's just really kind. Girls liked him for it and guys are friends with him because of it. No one could hate Park Chanyeol no matter how stupid he would get. Of course, girls loved him because he was handsome but they loved him more because of his innocence.

"Park Chanyeol?" The teacher called once again.

The teacher paused for a moment, looked around, and decided to mark him absent but before he could write anything on his record, the door burst open and Park Chanyeol came scrambling inside. The tall awkward guy came into view, he was perspiring and breathing heavily. He froze when he saw that all eyes were on him until his gaze fell on her. She was looking straight at him and he gulped in response. He straightened up and walked towards the teacher.

"I'm sorry I'm late, Mr. Shim." Chanyeol bowed apologetically.

The teacher just nodded. "Okay, just take a seat now." Chanyeol enthusiastically nodded and scanned the room for a vacant seat and he spotted the vacant seat...in front of her. She was looking at the window beside her and absent-mindedly tapped her fingers on her desk.

Chanyeol coughed and looked at the teacher for help. The teacher looked at Chanyeol and Chanyeol returned the look. The teacher followed Chanyeol's gaze and saw that the only vacant seat was in front of her. The teacher quickly averted his gaze and gave Chanyeol a look; the latter looked at him pleadingly while the class stayed silent, quickly understanding the meaning behind those looks and pitying Chanyeol but not enough for any of them to give up his seat.

"Mr. Park, please take a seat now in front of Ms. Ki--her." The teacher pretended to focus on his record as Chanyeol nervously made his way to the seat in front of her.

His classmates gave him a look of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter