Five

The Girl Called She
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So, is the food good? I don't know what you like so I just sent my favorite food. By the way, did you notice anything new in me today?" Chanyeol muttered, scratching his head as he walked beside her.

She kept quiet as they made their way to the classroom, getting used to the feeling of being stared at by the students. She ignored them even though she was aware that her weird, new-found friendship with the tall oblivious guy beside her got everybody talking in hushed tone. She would not dare to admit it aloud but she was relieved that Chanyeol seemed to be losing a screw in his head; he was too slow and oblivious to get that they were the subject of rumors going around the school. If he ever knew anything about it, he didn't look like he cared either. The slow giant was too busy muttering words to himself--words that even she couldn't catch.

Before she could reach her seat, Chanyeol rushed past her and pulled her seat for her. She stared at him for a moment and he gave her a big smile that reached both ears. She rolled her eyes and just sat down as Chanyeol took his seat in front of her. She was pulling her notebook out of her bag when Chanyeol turned his head to sneak a look at her. He did it for three more times before she sighed and met his gaze. Chanyeol felt his cheeks getting hot for being caught red-handed. His eyes widened as his sight focused on hers.

"I--uh, I wasn't staring...I was just..." Chanyeol stammered.

She took pity on him. "What's your problem?"

Chanyeol cleared his throat and looked down on Jennie's desk. He suddenly found the doodles on her desk interesting as he traced it with his forefinger. "Uh, you know...I, well, because I--"

Jennie blew the misplaced strands of hair on her face as she scrunched up her nose. "Spit it out."

"I cooked lunch for us, do you want to eat it with me in the rooftop later?" Chanyeol nervously asked. As the seconds passed by, Chanyeol was starting to lose confidence and he swallowed a lump in his throat as he started drumming his fingers on her table. "It's not that I'm forcing you, you know? I...well, there's a lot of food at home so I thought I should cook you a meal because I did a lot of stupid things and--" Chanyeol's words were cut off when he was caught in a headlock.

Chanyeol was caught off guard and tried to remove the arm around his head. Being his clumsy self, Chanyeol couldn't get a grip of the person who caught him in a headlock then he started flailing his arms and looking at Jennie for help. Jennie, in response, just shook her head and opened her textbook. This went on for a few seconds and when Jennie looked at Chanyeol again, the poor guy looked like he was struggling to breathe so she caught Sehun's eyes and glared at him. Sehun coughed and immediately released his hold on Chanyeol. Chanyeol held his neck as he controlled his breathing. He turned to Sehun and sent his best friend a death glare. Sehun held his hands up in mock surrender and laughed. "No harm, no foul, man."

"You almost killed me!" Chanyeol cried.

Sehun chuckled. "No, that was just you being dramatic. I wasn't supposed to release you but Jennie here looked like she was planning my murder so I had to let go." Sehun sighed dramatically then smiled at Jennie.

Jennie ignored him and continued reading her textbook. "Jennie seems to value my life more than my best friend does, great!" Chanyeol huffed.

Sehun pouted and cooed. "Is our giant baby getting all grumpy now?" He ruffled Chanyeol's hair but the latter slapped his hand away.

"Don't touch my hair!" Chanyeol growled.

"Easy, man. You're so sensitive today. You always let us mess your hair, what's wrong with you?" Sehun asked. There wasn't a hint of accusation, just plain curiosity in his voice.

"I worked hard to fix it today." Chanyeol muttered.

Sehun took a step back to take a better look at Chanyeol. He tilted his head to the side then shook his head. "Did you? I can't see it, to be honest. But what's up? Why did you fix your hair today?"

Chanyeol decided not to answer as he threatened Sehun with his eyes, daring the latter to open his mouth once more and spill what should be kept as a secret. It took Sehun a moment before the realization hit him and his eyes widened as everything clicked. He chuckled and ruffled Chanyeol's hair in spite of the giant groaning and complaining. "Our giant baby seems to have become a man now."

"What are you talking about?" Chanyeol asked, avoiding Sehun's eyes.

Sehun just laughed to himself and changed the subject since he caught Jennie taking a glance at them. "Kyungsoo cooked lunch for us today."

Chanyeol nodded. "Good, enjoy it." He said, dismissing the subject.

Sehun's eyebrow raised at this. "Aren't you going to join us for lunch?"

Chanyeol shook his head. Sehun smirked as he scratched his chin. "Are you having lunch with someone?" Sehun's eyes darted on Jennie who was reading her textbook. But Sehun knew better; he knew Jennie was listening to their conversation even though the giant baby seemed to be oblivious about it and was convinced that Jennie didn't care about his existence.

Chanyeol moved to block Sehun's sight so he could not see Jennie. "I...uh, I was...I cooked lunch for myself." He reasoned out.

Sehun nodded. "Then just bring your lunch and eat it with us."

Chanyeol coughed. "I can't. I like eating alone."

Sehun muffled his laughter before speaking, "Don't try to lie to me, Park Chanyeol. You once cried when we were in middle school because we ate by ourselves and you had to eat alone. Hmm...so let me guess, does eating alone mean eating with Jennie?" Sehun chuckled while Chanyeol glared at him. Sehun saw how Chanyeol's hands were closed up in a fist so he backed up a little.

"Okay. I'm going to mind my own business now." He was about to walk to his seat but he paused then turned around, "By the way, Jennie," he called out and Jennie glanced at him. "You've been reading the same page for a whi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter