Four

The Girl Called She
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She wordlessly stared at the giant with a big smile on his face, looking down at her. She closed her eyes and massaged her temples then let out a frustrated groan. Chanyeol's jaw dropped and he quickly covered his mouth. It was the first time he heard her make a sound and she did not look too happy with him. She finally opened her eyes and glared at him. It was a Saturday and she was hoping that she could finally get some peace. But he had to ruin it once again; he had been coming to her house every morning with that same irritating smile he gave her the first time he picked her up for school. She thought he would go away once she showed him that he's non-existent to her; but the giant only persisted more and picked her up the following days after. She thought that since it was Saturday, she could finally go and do whatever she liked without getting bothered. But as soon as she opened the door, he popped out of nowhere and stepped on her doorstep with hos usual good morning greeting and goofy smile. She didn't know why he was following her around and why he did not even seem scared of her anymore. She just could not stop herself from showing her growing frustration over the awkward giant. She stepped back and slammed the door on his face. 

She went upstairs and walked inside her room. She opened  the curtain of her window and took a peek outside to check if he was still there after she impulsively slammed the door on his face. To her embarrassment and dismay, he was looking up and caught her looking at him. He gave her a big smile and waved to her. She quickly closed the curtain and crossed her arms over her chest, letting out a huff of annoyance.

She went downstairs and decided to just with her plans. She was supposed to go to the library and borrow some books then do a grocery shopping and finally head home. She looked at her to-do list posted on the fridge and took it. She also took her grocery shopping list and grabbed her purse to put both lists inside. She walked to the door, took a deep breath, and opened it. He was still there. They stared at each other for a moment before she walked past him.

Chanyeol ran up to catch her. "Where are you going?"

She ignored him and continued walking. Chanyeol walked next to her, not caring that she was not acknowledging his presence. He looked up at the sky and pouted. "Did you bring your umbrella?"

She put her earphones on and put her hands inside the pockets of her jacket. "It looks like it will rain today." Chanyeol mumbled.

They continued walking as Chanyeol kept talking to her and she pretended that he did not exist. Finally, they reached the library; a place that Chanyeol had never visited since he was a young boy with only three teeth. Chanyeol walked inside like it was a place he didn't know of and looked around in amazement. She shook her head and pretended they were not associated in any way as Chanyeol let out gasps and expressions of amazement such as "Wow!" "Oh, what is that?" "It's so big!" "Is it okay to sleep here?" and she bit her lower lip as people around them stared from Chanyeol to her; a silent judgment clouding their faces. She quickly headed to the fiction section and Chanyeol followed after her, still amazed that such a place actually existed.

She went over the bookshelf and let her fingertip brush against the books, silently reading the titles. She jumped up when she heard a voice behind her, "What are you looking for?" She turned around and stepped back as she noticed that he was closer than expected. But he did not seem to be bothered by the proximity. He still had the goofy smile plastered on his face. She ignored him then looked for a vacant seat. As soon as she spotted one, she walked towards it with Chanyeol tailing her like a lost puppy.

She thought she finally had some peace when she started reading the book until 30 minutes later, a giant who was sitting beside her kept making weird animal noises. He started with the sound of ducks, then dogs, cats, mice, horses, and lions. She turned her head to him and he looked bored and out of place. His head was resting on his arm as he slumped over the table. She gritted her teeth as she had to listen to him continuously making animal sounds in the silence of library. When he started doing the sound of pigs, she lost it and slammed the book over the table, making a loud noise and everyone turned to look at her. The librarian glared at her while Chanyeol's eyes widened. She took a deep breath to calm herself and Chanyeol stayed quiet for a while.

After a few moments, Chanyeol scooted closer to her. "What is that you're reading?" He asked in his low but loud voice. The librarian caught their eyes then glared at the two of them. She ignored him but he looked over her book. He tried to look at the title but couldn't see it. "It looks interesting, may I take a look at it?" She ignored him again and he pouted, mumbling about her mistreating him.

She thought it was over until he started poking her arm. At first, she tried to ignore it but her irritation kept growing so she kept a blank look on her face as she stomped on his foot. Chanyeol let out a loud cry and the she regretted it in an instant as the librarian walked towards them. She didn't have to say anything so she started packing her things up, deciding not to borrow books that day to save herself from further humiliation. She grabbed her stuff and bowed at the librarian. She kept her head low as she felt people throwing daggers at them. Chanyeol was still holding his foot up and jumping with one leg as he followed her outside.

As soon as they were outside, she turned around to give him her dirtiest look and Chanyeol cowered under her gaze. Nevertheless, he continued following her to the grocery. Chanyeol asked if she wanted help finding the items but she just walked past him. Chanyeol sighed and just tailed after her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter