Eight

The Girl Called She
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie bit her lower lip as she stared at Chanyeol’s eyes, not knowing what to say. Chanyeol held his breath as he waited for her to speak, not knowing what to say after either. Deep inside, Chanyeol wanted to beat himself up for confessing right at that moment. He didn’t want to pressure Jennie or come across as an who only hung out with her because he wanted something more. Of course, he always wanted to be with her because he liked her but he didn’t approach her first because of that. Chanyeol thought back to the day he threw up on her and the nurse whispered something to him.

“If you want to make it up to her, be a friend to her.” The nurse whispered.

Chanyeol pulled back with a look of surprise evident on his face. The nurse chuckled as she took note of his reaction and explained, “Jennie is a good girl but misunderstood. I don’t believe she’s mad at you, to be honest. But it wouldn’t hurt to be a friend to someone who needs one, would it?”

Chanyeol was dumbfounded but nodded. The next thing he knew, he was on Jennie’s doorstep that morning, weirding her out by trying so hard to become a friend to her. Days flew quickly and as those days passed, he felt closer to Jennie than he ever did with anyone of opposite .

He fell harder for her; he loved it when the sunlight would shine on her face and she would close one eye and put her hand in front of the sunlight to block it. He loved it when the sun wasn’t glaring and she would turn her head up, letting the sun kiss her skin as a smile would touch her lips in glee. He loved it when there was a heavy downpour of rain and the raindrops would gather on the tips of her hair, waiting to fall. He loved it when the sun sets while the breeze blows Jennie’s hair and she would scrunch up her nose in annoyance as her hair got on her face. He loved it when the moon comes up and she would sigh as she looked up the sky, observing the stars and wondering what lies beyond the earth.

Chanyeol started fiddling with his fingers then looked down as he let the silence fall upon them. When Chanyeol looked up, Jennie was silently watching him. It was the first time he saw Jennie nervous; she was never nervous around him. She was always confident and looked like she could manage without him. But the Jennie in front of him that moment was nervous; she couldn’t keep her eyes on him. She noticeably swallowed a lump on . Chanyeol was getting worried because she’s been biting her lower lip for a while and it might bleed.

“Chanyeol.” Jennie softly whispered.

Chanyeol gulped as they found each other’s eyes. Jennie moved her head closer to him and he instinctively did the same; slowly leaning towards her. Jennie tilted her head to the side while Chanyeol tilted his head to the other side. The two inched closer, slowly closing the gap between them until their lips—

“What are you two doing here?” a voice called out.

Jennie and Chanyeol jumped away from each other and in panic, Jennie pushed Chanyeol away from her, making the poor guy fall off the seat. Jennie coughed while Chanyeol struggled to get on his feet. They looked at Baekhyun whose eyes were still closed. He yawned then rubbed his eyes before he opened. He stretched him arms out as he looked from Chanyeol who was on his and Jennie who was on the seat. They both looked nervous to him. Baekhyun was thinking of what the two could have been up to when it hit him.

“I know what you two are up to.” Baekhyun smirked.

Jennie and Chanyeol exchanged a look. Baekhyun walked closer to them as Chanyeol got back to the seat.

Baekhyun leaned forward, closing the gap between him and the two as he eyed them.

“You two,” Chanyeol and Jennie looked at each other before waiting for Baekhyun to continue. “—are obviously planning to steal all the food while we’re asleep!” Baekhyun exclaimed.

Jennie turned to look at Chanyeol who shrugged as he cleared his throat. “Uhm, Baekhyun, what are you talking about?”

Baekhyun shook his head. “No worries, dear friend, I won’t tell the others what you were doing.” Baekhyun reached down to get the snacks kept in the box under the bench where Jennie and Chanyeol were sitting. He took some snacks as he squeezed himself in between Jennie and Chanyeol, oblivious of the situation.

Baekhyun opened the bag of chips and started munching on it, offering some to Chanyeol and Jennie who declined as the two shared a look, knowing that the spell was broken and they just had to wait for another chance to talk.

 

The next day, they started packing up, getting ready to leave. Chanyeol couldn’t get the chance to talk to Jennie the night before because Baekhyun didn’t leave and stayed with them until the sun rose. Chanyeol wanted to beat Baekhyun up for ruining the moment without him getting to hear Jennie’s answer but Baekhyun seemed to be clueless about what he did.

While Chanyeol was helping Kyungsoo carry everything to the van, he saw Jennie coming out of the tent. Chanyeol stopped on his tracks, not sure whether or not he should approach Jennie. Things got awkward after Baekhyun interrupted them and they didn’t even say good night to each other because they had no idea what they should say. Chanyeol was starting to feel anxious about Jennie’s thoughts. He was worried that Jennie might have felt pressured and he wanted to let Jennie know that she didn’t have to give an answer so soon if she wasn’t ready yet. Right at that moment, Jennie looked up and her gaze collided with Chanyeol’s. Chanyeol took a step towards her as Jennie waited, looking expectant. But before Chanyeol could get closer, he was pulled back by the hood of his jacket.

Chanyeol tur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter