Leverage

BESTOWED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I hear someone shouting. I turn and see Seungri-hyung calling for help. That's weird. The Seungri we know is goofy and playful not this wimpy guy i'm looking right now. I also notice Top-sunbae and Taeyang-sunbae coming inside. So the elites already came back from their mission.

"What's happening?" My sister grabs my arm.

"I don't know." I tell her.

I turn towards the main gate and see Hanbin coming in with blood-soaked hands. My eyes widen. He's not hurt right? I mean, he's Kim Hanbin the reaper, the strongest bestowed among us. My heart races. I try to move my feet but they refuse.

"Rosé!" Hanbin shouts. "Someone find Rosé!"

Hanbin looks behind him. A man with a messy brown hair suddenly emerges from the gate with a limp woman on his arm. It's not Hanbin who is hurt. It's Jisoo!

I run towards Hanbin.

"What happened?" I ask him.

Hanbin turns to look at me. He's a mess. He looks like he might want to kill someone. I check his hands and see his gloved hands. I sigh in relief.

"Hey! Look at me!" I grab Hanbin by his shoulders. "Calm down."

"I can't!" Hanbin shouts.

I'm kind of surprised. I've never seen Hanbin lose his cool before. The typical Hanbin is usually composed whether he's angry or not. What did Jisoo do to him to make him like this?

"Not until Jisoo is alright."

I snap. "Losing your cool like this won't help her!"

That gets Hanbin's attention.

"Look, they already called for Rosé. She'll be healed in no time."

I feel Hanbin relaxes. But his composed demeanor is suddenly replaced by a threathening one.

"I'm going to kill him." He says.

I scowl. "Who?"

"Dong Youngbae."

My eyebrow arches. "That bastard Dong Youngbae?"

Hanbin nods. "He's the one who hurt Jisoo."

"He's a sunbae you know."

"I don't care." Hanbin clenches his fists. "He's gonna pay for what he's done."

*****

We run our way towards the hospital wing of the facility. When we arrive at the designated room, we see Rosé coming out with Chanwoo. Rosé looks pale and tired. She's leaning her entire body against her childhood friend.

Rosé sees us and gives us a smile.

"She's alright now." She says. "She just needs rest."

I suddenly feel myself breathe in so much relief. She's safe now. Kim Jisoo is alright. I compose myself and look at Rosé.

"Thank you." I say.

I see Rosé's and Chanwoo's surprised look. It must be rare for them to see me like this and hear me saying this kind of things but this is only thing i can do for now.

"Yah, Chaeyoung is so dependable." Jiwon ruffles Rosé's hair and grins.

Just like us, Rosé is also given a codename since she's essential to our organization. She's the only healer you can find in our branch.

"Aigoo if you're not like a sister to me, i might've already made my moves on you." Jiwon pinches the poor girl's cheek.

I see Rosé blushes. I arch an eyebrow. I've always have an idea that our red-headed healer likes our trouble-maker but i never pay too much attention to it since i didn't know what it felt like at first, but now..

"Hyung!" Chanwoo grunts. "Please don't tease noona anymore and let us pass through already. I'm getting numb all over my body."

"But i'm still talking to her." Jiwon leans against the wall and wiggles his eyebrows towards Rosé.

I roll my eyes and pull Jiwon with me.

"Let the kids go." I scold. "Rosé needs her rest."

I bow at them one last time and head inside the room, dragging Jiwon with me where Jisoo is still sleeping.

I let go of Jiwon's neck and head towards Jisoo's side. She's sound alseep. I brush the sweat forming on her forehead with the back of my hand and caress her pale face.

"You're getting yourself into something dangerous Hanbin-ah." Jiwon says.

I turn to the guy. He's leaning against the wall beside the door, his arms across his chest.

"What do you mean?" I ask innocently.

"Don't play dumb with me Kim Hanbin." Jiwon's voice comes out harsh. "I know you're starting to fall for her. It's obvious how you lost control out there. And what's u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter