Scrimmage

BESTOWED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been an hour since Jiyong had left this room. I keep pacing around, feeling nervous. I pause to check on Dara who is still sleeping soundly. Jiyong told me to stay behind and guard Dara while he checks what's happening outside. It seems like there are some suspiscious people who broke into the Facility.

"Come on, Jiyong-ah." I bite my lip. "What's taking you so long?"

Just then, i hear these commotions outside. People start screaming and firing their guns. I immediately pull my own gun hiding under my thigh and position myself between the door and Dara.

The door in our room opens, revealing these suspiscious men wearing gas masks. I immediately point my gun towards them.

"Look who we have here." The guy who seems to be the ringleader laughs. "I didn't expect anyone to be here."

"Who are you?" I ask. "What do you need from us?"

"Sorry lady but it is not you that we want." The ringleader points at Dara. "It seems like everyone's trying to look out for her. No doubt that she's the cause for all of these commotions and it so happens that we need her to be our bait in order for our plan to work."

The ringleader tries to take a step but i fire a warning shot and he stops from his tracks.

"Joker, we don't have time for this." The other guy standing behind the ringleader whispers.

The guy called Joker sighs and turns towards Dara.

"Don't move or the next bullet goes to your head." I warn.

"Go ahead." Joker taunts. "Shoot. That is if you can."

"Don't think that i won't." I shift the gun in my hand. "I swear I will shoot  you if you take another step."

The man ignores me and takes another step. That's when i decide to shoot. There's no way i'll let them get near Dara. I shower them the remaining bullets i have until i finally run out of ammos.

"Are you done?"

My eyes widen when i find them still standing, unharmed. I notice that the bullets i fired earlier are floating in the air just a few inches away from their faces. I gasp and drop my gun.

"Surprised?" Joker laughs. He points to the other person behind him. He's the one who whispered to him earlier. "I brought this one just in case i run into your guys. Pretty handy isn't he? He's an Elemental with an ability to manipulate metals."

I almost stumble when Joker suddenly closes the distance between us. He reaches to grab my neck.

"I usually don't hurt women and children but..." Joker pauses.

I suddenly feel a small pang around my stomach. I gasp when Joker pulls something sharp out of me. He shows me his blade, soaked with my own blood.

"You just happen to be in a wrong place at the wrong time." Joker finishes.

My eyes widen. I look down and try to grab my stomach. My breath becomes labored when i see my own hand getting soaked in my own blood. My knees give in and i finally fall down.

*****

"Are you sure you know what you're doing?" I roll my eyes towards my brother who is currently busy diffusing a bomb.

Jiwon ignores me and continues to fidget around the bomb's controls. I sigh. I lean against the wall and keep making this annoying sound. Jiwon groans and turns to glare at me.

"What's your problem?" Jiwon grits.

I roll my eyes. "Can't you diffuse that thing a little faster? We're actually running out of time here."

"Then why don't you do it yourself?" Jiwon throws the bomb towards me.

My eyes widen and tries to catch the bomb without dropping it.

"Yah!" I shout at him.

Jiwon immediately covers my mouth. I struggle to break away from him. I groan. How did i end up getting paired with this wierdo?

"What is your problem now Kim Jiwon?" I ask while gritting my teeth.

"Shush." He raises his hand to stop me. "Do you hear that?"

I scowl. "Hear what?"

"There's someone out there." Jiwon walks away.

I follow him and he leads us straight towards the quarters, where Bestowed like us stay most of the time. We exchange looks before sneaking our way inside the girls' quarters.

"Who is that?" I whisper when i see someone kneeling beside my bed.

The guy stands up and moves to touch the paper cranes hanging on my lampshade. My eyes widen. Those are the paper cranes made by my oldest brother himself.

I didn't mention this to Jiwon but back when we were still in the orphanage, right after Jinwoo left us, this mysterious paper crane started to show up every month in our room's window. I know they're from Jinwoo. Paper crane means family and it just so happened that they started showing up right after he left us in that orphanage.

The man pluck one of the hanging cranes on my lampshade.

"Oh no, you don't." I grit my teeth and come out from my hiding.

"Jennie, no! Come back here!" I hear Jiwon's desperate call but i never turn around.

"Hey you, head!" I shout at the man holding my precious paper crane. "Drop that or this icicle goes straight to that head of yours."

I put my stow in work. I make an icicle appear out of nowhere and the whole place starts to feel cold.

"Jennie!" Jiwon appears beside me. He glares at the man whose back is at us.

I steal a glance at my brother. He keeps glaring at the man in front of us. He squints, trying to study the enemy.

"Jennie, stay back." Jiwon reaches for my arm and pulls me behind him.

I scowl but i let him drag me. Jiwon never lets go of my hand. He only tightens hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter