Codename

BESTOWED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yah, did you already think of something for your codename?" Lisa asks beside me.

We're on our way now towards the Military registry to apply for our sudden promotion as active recruits.

It's been days since Hanbin and Bobby came to deliver the general's orders. We were all surprised by the sudden news. Some of us got even scared since it  actually never happened before. Sending all the bestowed into the field at once is a sign that bad things will happen in the future. But that's least of my worries for now. it's actually been days since Hanbin and I talked. I'm actually hoping that we can be able to talk and reconcile after our little misunderstanding that day but after filling us the details of the plan, we haven't seen each other since then.

"Yah!" Lisa nudges me. "Did you hear me just now?"

I blink and look at her. Lisa stops from walking and turns around to face me.

"Okay that's it! Fess up." Lisa crosses her arms. "What's wrong with you?"

My eyes widen. I reach out and cover .

"Hush!" I whisper. "Lower your voice. You're making a scene right now."

Lisa rolls her eyes and swats my hand away. "It's your own fault! You've been acting weird these past couple of days. Rosé's actually worried about you."

I bite my lip, feeling guilty.

"Now, hurry up and tell me what's wrong."

I close my eyes. Ugh! I'm supposed to be a nullifier! Lisa shouldn't be able to read what i'm feeling right now. Tch, my roommate is really sharp.

I see Lisa's eyebrow twitch.

"Hanbin and i got into a fight." I tell her.

"I knew it!" Lisa jumps. "I'm kind of actually wondering why he hasn't showed his face in front you these past couple of days. What is it? Ah! Don't tell me. Is it about Jennie?"

I grimace.

"Huh! Figures."

"What am i going to do?" I ask. "He's still not talking to me."

"Just what happened between you two that day?" Lisa crosses her arms. "Did Hanbin look for you after bringing Jennie to the hospital wing?"

I nod. "But he caught me and Hyunhyeong talking alone inside Dr Park Bom's clinic. Ugh! I don't know if he's jealous or just being too overprotective."

I see Lisa flinch. I scowl.

"Oh really?" Lisa clears . "I didn't know you and Hyunhyeong already talked."

My scowl deepens. "Yah, i was just treating him. The guy's actually hurt and Dr Park's no where to be found."

Lisa eyes me suspisciously. I scoff and glare at her.

"Yah, what's wrong with you?" I ask. "I was just trying to help!"

"Whatever you say." Lisa turns around and starts to walk away."

"Yah! Lisa-ah!" I shout. "Lalisa!"

I run after her and hook my arm in hers.

"Yah! Don't leave me behind."

Lisa laughs and pinches my nose. "Listen to me Jisoo-ah."

I blink and turn to face her. She smiles before grabbing both of my hands.

"Love is something normal for everyone." Lisa says. "Even people like Kim Hanbin is no exemption. And when there's love, there's also fear. It's a combination of feelings my stow can always associate with each other. So you can't actually blame him for being overprotective towards you. He's just scared of losing you."

I blink and Lisa smiles.

"Don't worry." Lisa whispers. "I'm sure Hanbin's just busy."

I nod and smile.

"Come on." Lisa drags me. "Everyone's waiting."

*****

"Yah! Kim Jisoo! Over here!"

Lisa and i turn and see Hyunhyeong waving at us. I face Lisa and she grimaces. I scowl. Lisa sees me and tries to hide it by smiling. She grabs my arm and drags me towards Hyunhyeong. When we arrived, we notice that everyones already there except for Hanbin and Bobby.

"Oh good! You're here." Rosé says.

I smile at her and coincidentally, Jennie's eyes and mine's meet. So, she's already discharged from the hospital wing. I try to smile at her but she turns her back. Jinhwan glares at me before turning towards Jennie.

"Don't mind her noona."

I flinch when someone whispers from my back. I turn and see Chanwoo. He's with Junhue who waves at me. I smile at them.

"She's still upset about Hanbin-hyung making a clean cut of their relations

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter