Encounter

BESTOWED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I hurriedly grab the tray with an iced coffee on it and effortlessly manuever my way around the crowd. I stop in front of a chinese guy reading his book and place the ordered coffee on the table in front of him.

The guy looks at me and smiles. "Thanks Jisoo-ah."

"Anything for our regular customer." I smile back.

His name is Jackson. He's chinese who came here in Korea as an exchange student. He's a regular here in the coffee shop i work in as a part timer. And he's also in one of my classes. We became friends ever since.

"Hey, about the thing i talked to you about." Jackson looks uncomfortable. I hold the tray close to my chest and turns to look at him. "Do you think you can have a spare time this week?"

I bite my lip. Jackson had been so persistent of asking me out this past couple of days now. The guy really likes me. Don't get me wrong. He's a nice guy but things like dating is still not in my priority list. I need to focus on my studies and i actually need to work for it to happen, since i practically live alone. My parents died in a car crash a long time ago making my brother work double shifts overseas to support me. He sends me money once a month but it's not enough.

I sigh. "I'm sorry Jackson but i already told you, dating still hasn't cross my mind."

"But--"

"Jisoo-ah!"

We hear the manager calling for me. I turn to look at Jackson one last time and bow my head before heading towards the counter. I put the tray on the counter and sag.

"That guy's persistent." The manager smirks at me. "I must give him some credit. He keeps coming back here although you already gave him your answer."

I groan and roll my eyes. "Oppa!"

"Sorry, sorry. Just kidding."

Our manager is a young bachelor who likes to call himself Se7en. He's a good guy and treats me like a sister. That's the thing, he's like a brother to me but i don't know anything about him. I don't even know his real name.

"That's a good save by the way." I smile. "I actually don't know how to refuse him again."

Se7en-oppa ruffles my hair and takes the tray away from me. "Don't mention it. Now, off you go. It's getting late. You still got a test to study for tomorrow remember?"

My eyes widen upon remembering my important test. It's a test for a scholarship program. Since i actually don't have any money to pay for the rest of my tuition fees, i need to get into the program.

I look at my wrist watch and see the time. It's almost ten. I need to catch the last bus if i still want to go home. I immediately unfasten my apron.

"Thanks oppa. I owe you one." I smile and turn to leave heading towards the stuff room.

I change into my casual clothes; a white shirt paired with my ragged jeans. I let my chocolate brown hair fall to my shoulders and grab my bag inside the locker and close it with a bang. I turn to leave using the back door and the next thing i know, i'm already on my way to the bus station.

While sitting on the bench, i choose to get my phone out from my bag. I'm about to dial my brother's number when i hear someone screaming. I flinch and unconsciously hold my bag tighter to my chest. It can't be a thief right? I look around but no one's there with me. It's late and most of the people have already gone to the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter