Truth part 1

BESTOWED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I hear people talking just outside my room. It seems like they're arguing about something. I ignore the commotion and continue to pack my things. Finally, i've received a discharge order from the doctor. I'm all healed and ready to listen for an explanation.

"Hurry up!" A woman exclaims from the other side of the door.

"Why do i have to do it?" A guy's voice replies.

"Uhm, because it was your father's order? Duh!" The woman answers back. "Now, hurry up and knock."

I scowl. Just then i hear a knock on the door. I shift and try to adjust my gloves on my hands. A moment later, two people come in; a young man and a woman.

"Yes?" I ask.

I see the guy swallow the lump on his throat. Am i really that scary? Why is it that everyone tends to get nervous around me?

"Uhm--"

"Oh please!" The woman pulls the man behind. "You're Kim Hanbin right?"

My scowl deepens. "Yes. And what do you need from me?"

The woman blinks. "I'm Kang Seung Hyun and this is Jang Ki Yong. We're here to you."

I raise an eyebrow. Finally, i'm going to see him again. Lee Jongsuk. I sling my bag over my shoulder and follow them.

We pass by a tunnel and i can't help myself but to wonder what exactly is this place. It looks similar to the Den but brighter. I also notice some blanks running around the place wearing their grey jumpsuits, some of them even have orange.

"What is this place?" I ask.

"It's a facility for people like us." The guy that calls himself Kiyong beams.

"And what exactly are you?"

The girl named Seunghyun stops walking and looks back at me. "I think you'll know once you talk to him."

I scowl.

"We're here." Kiyong says pointing to a guy who is sitting alone in a mess hall.

I crane my neck and see Jisoo's brother who's enjoying his cup of tea while reading a book. I turn to the other two and nod before i make my way to Lee Jongsuk.

"I'll see you around." Kiyong waves. "And you can call me hyung anytime."

I see Seunghyun elbow him and he cringes back. She pulls the poor guy with her while i try to ignore them and sit in front of the man who had saved my life.

Lee Jongsuk looks up. "You're here." Then, he smiles at me. "Do you want something to eat? I bet you're hungry."

"I'm fine." I answer quickly. "I'm not here to eat. I came here to listen."

The man gives me a lopsided smile. "You're not the type to waste time i see. Well, what do you want to know first? Ah! By the way, you can call me hyung."

I raise an eyebrow. "Who are you?"

Jongsuk-hyung almost spills his tea. He looks at me and starts to laugh.

"I already told you. I'm Lee Jongsuk. I'm Kim Jisoo's half brother."

"I'm not talking about that." I glare.

Jongsuk-hyung sighs. He puts his cup down and crosses his leg. "Excluding the fact that i am Jisoo's brother, i'm also like you guys. I'm also Bestowed."

I knew it! I know there's something about him that's not normal. The question is what is his stow? And how did he manage to keep himself hidden all this time?

"Jisoo and i got this from our mother's side of the family." Jongsuk-hyung starts to tell. "But she wasn't able to tell us about it since she died nineteen years ago. I only got to know about our circumstances when one of my mother's friends approached me."

Jongsuk-hyung pauses to take a sip from his tea.

"I'm a shadow." He tells me. "As you're well aware of, i can hide my own presence from the others, the very reason why i'm still alive and away from the Organization's reach. Also, the reason why you're also alive and safe."

I frown. "What do you mean?"

Jongsuk-hyung is about to answer but some random girl comes running towards us while shouting hyung's name. She's accompanied by a guy who is glaring in my direction.

"Jongsuk-oppa!" The girl jumps beside Jongsuk-hyung and links her arms with his.

The girl smiles at him and hyung smiles back. The girl notices me and her eyes widen. She points at me.

"Ah! You're that guy!" The girl unlinks her arm from Jongsuk-hyung's and heads to sit beside me. "The scary guy! Do you still remember me?"

I scowl. The guy she's with frowns even more. He takes the seat beside Jongsuk-hyung. He's still glaring at me while he crosses his arms. I look at the girl who is smiling while pointing to her own self.

"I'm sorry. Do i know you?"

The girl frowns and pouts. "Yah. I hit on you a few weeks ago. Do you really not remember?"

I look over Jongsuk-hyung and he just smiles at me apologetically.

"Let me explain it to you." He says.

*****

A few weeks ago:

"!"

I jump when i hear my girlfriend curse beside me. I glare at her.

"Sorry." She smiles sheepishly. "My drink's too hot."

"Yoo Inna-ssi, i already told you that you don't have to accompany me." I lean towards her and brush her cheeks with the back of my hand. "Hyun Wook-hyung's already with me."

Inna grabs my hand and squeezes it. "I know but i'm still worried he won't be enough to protect you."

"Yah!" We hear a voice f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter