Unmarked

BESTOWED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I keep glancing at my phone, waiting for someone to call me back. What is that idiot doing? He's supposed to call me back and report to me.

I stand and leave my study for a glass of water. I grab a glass from the cupboard and almost drop it when i notice a woman standing beside the kitchen counter. I haven't notice her approaching.

"You--"

"It's coming." She says, cutting me off. "The time has come."

I scowl but somehow i understand what she's saying. My gaze fall on the picture frame hanging on the wall. It's a photo of me and my sister.

"Please be safe Kim Jisoo."

*****

"What is her deal?" Seungyoon mutters. "Is she really our target?"

I eye the girl in front of us who is currently holding a knife pointing at us. Well, the way she holds the knife indicates that she has proper training which leads us to say that she's a recruit. The question is if she's like us or just an ordinary blank soldier.

Before i could've make an approach, she launches herself and tries to bury her knife in my gut. I jump out of the way.

"She's feisty alright." Seungyoon smirks at my direction.

I roll my eyes and direct my attention to the girl. She's glaring at us with malice and ill-intent but she still able to look beautiful. She reminds me so much of Dara-noona, beautiful without exerting too much of an effort.

"Jisoo-ah!" The fire-user calls.

So, her name's Jisoo.

"Stand down." The fire-user warns. "Please, if anything happens to you, i won't be able to forgive myself."

I scowl. What is she to him? Is she really that important to the Organization? It peaks my curiousity. I try to approach the girl called Jisoo but every time i step forward she takes a step backward.

"What are you doing?" I ask her.

She adjusts the blade in her hand. "Lesson number two: Don't underestimate your enemies."

I smile. Alright, she's kind of amusing, i give her that. When i'm still kind of distracted of her, Jisoo decides to attack. I spin around but she catches me off guard and slashes through my back.

I look at my torn parka. Now, she's getting annoying. I glare at her and she glares back at me. I hold her stare into mine and i'm pretty sure i put my stow into work that time but  she still looks fine and kicking. I scowl. I try using my stow again and this time in full power but Jisoo is still standing and breathing.

"What are you?" I ask.

Jisoo just looks at me questioningly.

Seungyoon goes to my side and tries to whisper something into my ear. "What's going on? Why aren't you using your stow? Hurry up and be done with it."

"I did but it's not working on her." I answer.

"What?"

I use my super reflexes and close my distance to Jisoo. I grab her right wrist and she gasps in surprise.

"Let go of me!"

Jisoo tries to swing her blade towards me but i deflect and it goes flying away.

"Jisoo-ah!"

The fire-user tries to throw his fireball at me but Seungyoon is fast to react and is able to shield us from it. I turn my attention back to Jisoo and she looks like she's struggling to break free from my grasp. I tighten my hold on her and i see her flinch.

"Yah! It hurts."

I ignore her and flip her wrist, trying to find her tattoo. I scowl. There's nothing like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter