Tattoo

BESTOWED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mino and Seungyoon finally arrive in our headquarters. We all gather around them but careful not to get too close to Mino. By the look on his face, he's really in a bad mood which leads us to say that the plan didn't work.

"God damn it!" Mino throws the nearest lamp on the floor.

"What happened?" I ask.

Seungyoon bites his lip in frustration. "A Rare showed up. Ugh! We almost had the girl!"

My eyes widen. My gaze fall on Hayi. She was right after all. Seunghoon and I were playing chess when she and Taehyun suddenly came running downstairs. They told me that they called Mino to return and abort the mission. Hayi saw something troubling and chose to warn Mino beforehand.

"A Rare?" I gape and turn towards Mino. "They were able to find themselves a new one? Just how many of them are there?"

Mino glares at me. "I don't know but it seemed to me like they finally able to produce an outstanding crop this time."

What Mino had said got me worried. After the rebellion, we assumed that they at least would have a hard time looking for a fresh batch of children they could use for the STOW project, that would allow us to recuperate and bind our time to get stronger but it looks like we were wrong. Not only they were able to find a new crop so soon but they were also able to provide them the proper training they needed.

What really makes me worry is the people i left behind. They couldn't have been captured by the organization right? I can't do anything right now but to pray that they're still safe and in hiding.

"What's he like?" Seunghoon asks. "The other Rare i mean."

"Tch!" Seungyoon clacks his tongue. "He's one creepy guy alright."

"If i'm not mistaken, the organization gave him the name Reaper." Taehyun says and turns to his girlfriend who nods in return for confirmation.

"Mino's Tormentor still sounds better." Seunghoon defends.

"What about the girl?" I ask.

I see Mino's expression change. From anger, it turns into curiosity. I must have imagined it but i think i saw him smile.

"She's one of a kind alright." Mino gives us his answer. "Apparently, my stow doesn't work on her."

The others including me gape at his statement. Is that even possible? Perhaps she's a bestowed like us?

"Is it her stow?" Seunghoon asks the question in my mind.

"Well, she couldn't be a blank or else she might've already been dead by now." Seungyoon answers. "And not to mention she's with those other bestowed we encountered. She's definitely one of them."

"Well, that's not good." I contemplate. "How are we supposed to convince her to be in our side when she's practically inside the Den and being guarded 24/7?"

"We don't have to." Hayi interrupts. She looks at us with her distant eyes. "She'll come with us willingly."

We all exchange looks. Seunghoon suddenly laughs and chooses to sit back on the couch.

"Well, there's nothing to worry about then." Seunghoon begins to study the chessboard lying on the coffee table. "Yahhhh.. It's reassuring to have Hayi around."

"Not so fast ." Seungyoon throws his gloves at him.

"He's right." I tell him. "We still need to plan on how she can be able to contact us when that time comes."

"Well, she's an active recruit right?" Seunghoon frowns. "She couldn't be able to go outside if she wasn't."

We all turn towards Mino who furrows his eyebrows together. I see Seungyoon glance over him. He too knew something about it but chooses to wait for Mino.

"That's the thing." Mino looks up. "She doesn't have a tattoo."

*****

Ugh! We're so awkward right now that we're all alone walking side by side in the corridor. We are now nearing the Engineering and Technical Dept. but we're still waiting for the other to say something. I steal a glance at Hanbin and he looks like he's also immersed in his own world.

"What are you thinking?" I ask him. At last! Something we can talk about.

Hanbin just gives me a quick look and returns staring at his feet. He furrows his eyebrows before smiling towards me.

"Nothing." He finally answers. "I was just thinking that i almost lost you earlier this day."

I grimace and reach out to hold his hand. The last thing i want to do is to make him worry. Hanbin's already busy dealing with his own problems and i don't want to add to it. I too feel the same way when i saw him on his knees in front of the rogue, clenching his chest and in pain. For the first time in my life, i got scared. I was afraid i'm going to lose him. That is why i suddenly feel guil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter