Let Me Explain

Second Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He opened his eyes only to see Victoria’s sleeping figure beside him, totally undressed. His father words seem to wake him up. He might still don’t know his feelings to her, but one thing for sure he’s happy with her, she changed him in a good way and that reason is enough for him to protect her and make her happy. That’ll do, he thinks.

“Hey” He whispers after she opened her eyes.

“Hey..” She said huskily before she realized something, “What time is it?!” She asked him, collecting her clothes on bed and wear them.

“Where are you going?” He asked Victoria when she’s about to leave the room.

“Steven. I haven’t checked him.”

He chuckled, “He’s okay. He knows timing, Vic. He still sleeping in his room. Now get back to sleep, come here” he patted the bed.

She didn’t listen him as she rushed to Steven’s room to see his sleeping figure at his crib. She let out a relief sigh.

“I told you he’s okay” He said from behind, hugging her.

She closed her eyes as she rest her head to his broad chest, “Yes. I’m sorry for overreacting earlier. Since this is my first experience I’m afraid of anything. Afraid that he might wake up at midnight and else” She said in relief.

He tighten his hug to calm her hard breathing, “I know. I understand. That’s why I’m here to help, right? Don’t worry, he is a good boy. He won’t disturb his mom and dad while we’re sleeping. Or while you were knocked out because our little round” He said jokingly that made her blushed, she elbowed him.

He giggled, “Why?” He asked.

“Stop embarrassing me!” She hissed.

He laughs, “Alright, alright. Let’s go back to sleep”

She nods.

--

 

Today is going to be a great day for Victoria and Nichkhun. They both seems enjoying theirselves at the mall. Choosing and buying stuff for Steven even though he will not need half of the stuffs that they bought.

Victoria smiled as she approaching Nichkhun that is now standing up in front of a rack full of toy figures.

“Khun, let’s go” She told him to leave but he stayed still.

“Wait a minute, I want to buy it for Steven”

She rolled her eyes, “Khun, you know that our son won’t be needed these. And beside, we have to save our money. Don’t just waste it when you have it”

He sighed, “You’re right, let’s go then” He takes Steven from Victoria’s arms and carry him while Victoria pushed the stroller.

--

At the same toy store, there was a 15 years old boy who pleaded his mom to buy a toy for him.

“Mom please.. I want this so badly! They’re just came out like few days ago! Come on! Buy this for me” Said him.

The mom sighed in frustration, “How many times did I tell you that I won’t buy you toys again! What are you? A kid? No. Chris, you are a teenager. Stop being childish. Where is your brother Alvaro?”

The boy sighed, “He’s with the babysitter. And beside, if dad is here, he will buy me this! Since he loved this kind of thing too!”

“Well too bad he’s not here now. So you,” She pointed the oldest, “Put that thing back and let’s go home. I knew this was a bad idea to spending a time with children outside” She complained.

“Tiffany?” Someone called that woman’s name and it made her a little bit startled.

“Khun what are you do-” She didn’t even finish her words when she saw a woman beside him and a boy that he’s holding.

The oldest son came back and saw the familiar figure in front of him “Dad!!” He exclaimed.

Nichkhun smile wider, “Hey son! How are you??” He asked him as he puts Steven slowly to the stroller and hug his son.

“Dadda!!” One of his son, probably the younger ran towards him and launched himself to Nichkhun.

“Alvaro! Gosh I miss you so much!”

Victoria witnesses everything and she felt so happy that at the end, he can be able to meet his children even in this way. Victoria also realized that the ex-wife was not so happy to see them. Especially her. She realized that this woman had been eyeing her since the first time she saw her.

“Dad, you are here! What a coincidence” The older boy said.

“Yes, Chris. God bring us back here. And oh yeah, where’s David?”

“I’m here.” He said with darker expression on his face. He’s younger than Chris like 3 or 4 years younger and for the youngest, Alvaro, he must be 5 years old now.

“Hey buddy” Nichkhun said, almost approached him but David took a step to his mom and eyeing Victoria like a hawk.

“Is she your new lover?” He asked.

“David..” Chris warned him but that doesn’t mean he likes this girl’s appereance in front of him. He just try to being polite to respect his dad.

“Is she the reason why you and mom divorced?”

“David stop it,” Chris said sternly.

“I just need to know. But, you know, I don’t buy your words so it’s just waste your time” He said sarcastically.

Nichkhun heart ached when he heard his son’s words. How could he? What were they saying to his child? Her family must be spoiling him and telling him lied about Nichkhun. Nichkhun was about to say something but he cuts him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter