Acceptance

Second Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nichkhun saw Victoria’s sleeping figure when he entering the room. She sleeps so soundly that makes him wants to join her on the bed, he looks up the clock on the wall and it showed 6P.M. Not an usual time she used for a nap.

He crawled slowly to the bed and snakes his arm around her waist. Started to kiss her black hair and her nape. She stirred to her sleep and sighed, “Nichkhun..” She said huskily.

“Shh.. Go back to sleep, I’ll prepare the dinner for us” He said.

She suddenly wide awake, “No! I’m awake already”

He laughed and launched himself to her to kiss her soundly on lips, “Oh my god you are so cute. Didn’t you see your face? You have to see your face!”

She pushed him away, “Stop saying that! I don’t want you to burn the house twice” She said and grins as she walks away.

“Hey that was one time!” Nichkhun yelled and followed Victoria.

 

They are all now at the dining room, Victoria already cooked for them and they are ready to enjoy their dinner.

“Thanks for the meal Victoria” Chris said.

Victoria looked up on him and smiled, “You’re welcome” And is continue to feed Steven.

Nichkhun smiled, he took a glanced at Alvaro, “Alvaro you can eat by yourself, you need help buddy?” Nichkhun asked as he wants to help him but the boy shook his head declined his father’s offer.

“Dad, he’s not baby anymore, right Al?”

“Yes! I am a man” He stated.

She chuckled, “Of course he’s all grown-up man. Khun, you should treat him more like a man now” She said to Nichkhun who is sitting in front of her.

He nods, “Of course I will!”

And the adults laughing made the youngest confused but he still manage to smile at everyone.

“So dad, we will meet again, right?” Chris asked Nichkhun.

“Of course… If, her family let me”

Chris grins, “But what if we don’t have to tell them?” He proposed, “We have each other’s number now. So we can meet whenever we can secretly. About him,” He pointed Alvaro, “I’ll think about it later”

“Will it be okay?” Nichkhun asked him.

He nodded, “Yeah dad. Don’t worry. I’ve got it covered”

 

After they finished their dinner, Nichkhun volunteered himself to do the dishes. That made her startled a little bit because this is his first time being a volunteer to do dishes. She usually demanded him but now look at this whole change? He’s very happy indeed. So Victoria lets him do what he wants as she takes Steven on bed and also another little man, Alvaro.

“Now, go to sleep okay little boy? Good Night boo” She said as she pulled the blanket to covered Alvaro’s body from the toes to his chest.

She about to leave but Alvaro pulled her arm. She looked up at the sleepy boy, “What’s the matter?” She asked.

“Can you tell me a bedtime story?” He asked her.

Victoria is in daze, she never read anyone a bedtime story. Not even Steven.

“Um, s.. sure? What do you want me to tell? What story?” She asked as she sits at the corner of the bed.

“I don’t know? My mom used to tell me anything but she never told me again, she said she’s busy so I asked my nanny for it but her stories were so boring” He explained.

She giggled, “You already have your own preferences. I’m afraid you won’t like my story if I tell you” She said jokingly.

He smiled, never lets her arm go, “Then let’s hear it”

She smiled and caress his head, “Fine, but tell me if I’m boring. I’ll tell you another stories”

The boy nodded.

She sighed, “Alright, so once upon a time there was a girl. An ordinary girl who doesn’t have a family. She’s an orphan and she doesn’t have anyone else in this world. She was so lonely because no one wants to be her friend” She started, seeing Alvaro listening her story carefully.

“Why they don’t want to be her friends?” He asked full of curiousity.

She smiled patiently, “Because they think she’s not cool and she also a poor girl. She got the hate, they blamed her for nothing and she often got humiliated by people so she convinced herself that she will change it. And years later, she became a lady, she worked so hard she got a friend and they became so close. She also met a man, she likes him and he likes her too and guess what?” She asked Alvaro.

“What? They married and live happily ever after?” He guessed.

She shook her head, “No. He betrayed her. He actually a bad man. He wants to take her happiness away from her and he did”

He gasped, “Is he a monster?” He said straighforward.

She giggled, “Yes, but he covered it from the girl. He was a charming man but he was actually a monster. So the monster got what he wants and leave her. She lost her happiness, she mourned everyday but then she met the prince charming. And he saved her, he gave her back the happiness that had been stolen by the monster and they live happily ever after” She said as she finished her story, she is staring at him with amused eyes, “So how was my story?” She asked him bewildered.

He smiled, “I like it. But I wonder…” He said.

“What honey?”

“How he saved the woman?” He asked.

She smiled, “That, I will tell you next time. Now go to sleep and good night” She said as she kisses his forehead. She fixed his blanket and about to go.

“Good night mom” He said before he closed his eyes.

She stopped her step. He called her mom. She was actually surprised. She turns her head to see the sleeping Alvaro and smile, “Good night” She whispers.

 

 

That moment when Alvaro called

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter