Again?

Second Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She took a deep breath, “Khun you sure about this?” She asked the man who is sitting beside her, driving.

He took a glance and smile at her, “Yes. Don’t worry about that. Don’t worry about them. They are my family after all. They will understand” He explained.

She took another deep breath. Since last week, her partner had been couraging himself to call his parents after he decided to leave his parents’ house right after his divorcement. He told his parents he wanted to find his inner peace or whatsoever and he thinks he is finally ready to see them this time.

Victoria refused to come at first because she’s afraid that his family will not welcoming her presence. But he always assured her that everything will be okay so she’s leaving with no choice.

“But what if they didn’t like me because they already get used to your ex-wife appearance” She said in worried.

He shook his head slightly and held her hand, “Believe me they hate her too. And, just be your true self” He assured her.

She smiled and turned her head to the back to see her sleeping baby and turned back, “So, I am what?” She asked him.

He sighs, “You are my partner. And he is my son” He replied shortly.

“So you will lie to them?”

He shook his head, “No. You are really my partner and he is my child. I am his father”

“But not biological”

“I don’t care. I am somehow still his father”

She sighed, “I don’t know Khun… I don’t want them to missunderstand about what we had” She said. Still slightly worried.

“So what if they missunderstood? Living together? A mature Woman and Man with a child. Even if we didn’t explain it, they got it. So what? I don’t feel like want to correct things. They think what they want to think” He said and before she replied his words, he stopped his car in front of the mansion, “Here we are. Ready?”

She nodded.

 

They both walking inside the mansion. She was slightly taken aback by the surrounding in this mansion. A lot of luxury furniture, high ceiling and expensive rugs. Her lips curled an ‘O’ as he dragged her along to meet his parents and family.

She can say that today, she wasn’t ready. She is never ready. She never thought that he will finally open up about his family to her. She always thinks that he only do nice things to her because he pity her. But now she thinks it’s more than a pity now. It’s somehow… friendly? That maybe he thinks she’s his friend. And she slowly learn about him a little bit more. Almost 2 years living together, this is the first time she came to his house.

“Oppa!!” yelled someone. A girl with a medium long brown hair with pale skin and high nose approached him and hugged him tight. Victoria shocked because of her visual look. This girl is really beautiful she thought.

“Krystal how are you?” He asked her.

Her smile gets wider, “I’m not so good since you left. You know I miss you so much. How could you left me??” She whined like a little kid. That’s before she finally turn her head to see Victoria and the baby. She scanned her from top to bottom but later get distracted by the cuteness of her son.

“Oh my god he’s so cute!!” She said excitedly.

He giggled, “He’s your nephew, his name is Steven and this is Victoria” He said, introducing Victoria to her. She offered a hand shake that later accepted by Krystal.

“It’s nice to see you” Victoria said nervously.

She only smiled a little, “Yeah, you too” She turned her head to her brother, “So, this is your new…” She didn’t finish her words.

“Yes. We’ve been living together for 2 years now. Now I wanna meet my mother. Shall we?” He said as he dragged them to the living room where everyone gathers.

He saw his mom and half run towards her. He hugged her tight and apologized to his mom and dad. He then introduce Victoria to his family. She is so nervous but she can say they are all so warm and they slowly accepted her son and her existence. Especially Krystal, she used to think that this girl hates her but as they talk, she observes Krystal is a sweetheart and so smart yet so mature even thought she’s only 18. She loves Steven so much. She kisses him and carry him here and there, tickles him and blew butterfly kisses to his stomach that cause him in glee.

Victoria helps Nichkhun’s mom in the kitchen to prepare the dinner. Nichkhun’s mom said that she was okay and doesn’t need her help but she just can’t leave this woman working by herself. So she insisted to help her with the cooking.

“You good at cooking?” She asked.

Victoria looks at her and nodded, “I think so. At least that’s what everyone said” She said in giggles.

She laughs, “Ah that’s a relief. So you must be cook for him everyday?”

She noddes excitedly, “Of course. Everyday I cook for him. I always so happy when I get to see someone enjoying my food including Nichkhun. He is such a good eater! He eats everything!”

Vera, Nichkhun’s mother only laughed.

“Aunt, I hope you are okay with me and your son… living together”

She looks up on her and smile, “I understand. I mean, I startled at first because you look so young and your with my son… is almost 10 years. But I understand now when he explained everything to me”

“Your son still looks so young either aunt” She giggled, “And is not our thing. We are okay with it as long as we can trust this relationship to work” She continued.

“Thank you Victoria” She said.

“For what?”

“For my son. You seem so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter