Debris

My Penguin!

"." another crash sounded from down the hall as something smacked the back of Chanyeol's head.

"DAMN IT! Taehyung! what did you just throw?"  

"Hey! No cursing in front of the babies." Chanyeol frowned at Yifan, who was giving him an odd look. 

"You mean the little demons running around pretending to be puppies and kittens? I don't think They'll- OH MY GOD GET OFF THE LAMP!!" Chanyeol made it across the room just in time to catch the small, overly happy puppy and get bit by his grumpy kitten counterpart that had been sleeping in the same corner and was rudely awakened by Chanyeol stepping on the tip of his tail.

"ooooh, defeated by a kitten." Tao laughed at the larger hybrid's flailing as he took the overly excited Corgi pup from Chanyeol and set him down.

"I see you found Yoongi and Hoseok, we were wondering where they went." Said another voice that Chanyeol immediately recognized as Joy.

"Don't name them! you'll get attached!" Joy rolled her eyes at Tao.

"I'm already attached! look how cute they are, and it's not like we can avoid naming them anyway." 

Chanyeol could only shake his head and walk off as they proceeded to argue over naming baby hybrids.

everyone was too caught up in their own things to notice the sleepy kitten dragging the Corgi pup away...

On his way back to Yifan, Chanyeol ran into a rather serious and quiet Kyung and Zico.

"What's up with you two?" Chanyeol hadn't meant for it to come out as sharp sounding as it had, but he couldn't exactly take it back so he waited for an answer.

"We have two weeks to get out, the sudden hybrid flood just made us old news..." Zico sighed before answering as Kyung looked at the floor and tried not to cry, Zico wrapped an arm around him.

"oh.. I'm sorry I don't know what to say...I mean, I'll do what I can to help, though..if you'll let me." Chanyeol had a sinking feeling in his stomach when Zico looked up at him with a watery smile.

"Thanks, man. just.. find something for Kyung, if you can, okay? I'll be fine." Chanyeol nodded and went off to find Yifan and help with his clingy puppy problem. 

--

A couple hours into Kyungsoo's work day found him finally finishing his project and catching up on everything, giving him the time to grab something to drink from the break room. the cup he'd poured it into touched his lips when Jongin came running up to him. 

The fact that it was Jongin's day off was pretty strange, but here he was.

"Soo! I brought Jongdae to meet you!" Kyungsoo frowned at him, he hadn't even had a chance to call the man, why had Jongin brought him here? 

he looked up ready to say something but stopped himself when he saw the cat hybrid standing next to Jongin already had his hand out.

"I'm Jongdae, you must be Kyungsoo." the corners of the man's mouth tilted up in what Kyungsoo would have said was somewhere between cute and evil. it was honestly hard for Kyungsoo to tell.

--

By the time lunchtime rolled around Chanyeol was exhausted. Jungkook, the puppy that Yifan had picked up at five this morning had refused to let himself be sat down even for a mere few seconds for Yifan to change his shirt after said puppy had peed on him. 

And when they'd finally solved that problem, they wandered to the kitchen only to find two others from Jungkook's group in the kitchen. the puppy that Joy had named Namjoon was trying to talk a small kitten into opening the refrigerator for him, while said kitten - Jimin- was halfway into his third jar of jam and declaring his love for it. 

this, of course, leads to a fight between the two, and while they'd broken it up quickly enough,  Joy still had to come retrieve a wailing Jimin after Chanyeol had taken the strawberry jam away from him.

Namjoon had followed them out, laughing and taunting Jimin about having his jams taken away.

"Haha, Jimin got no jams!" could be heard echoing down the hall even after they'd disappeared from sight.

Chanyeol made his way back to the main part of the building and sat down at a table in the dining area, sitting next to the kitten that Joy had named Seokjin. The fluffy kitten had been looking through the shelter's cookbooks for the past hour, he was the least trouble of them all.

Until Seokjin snuck off into the kitchen to try his hand at a few recipes, that is.

Chanyeol sighed. right now, he just wanted his boyfriend to be here, even if it's just so Kyungsoo can share his misery.


For some reason, I couldn't resist the thought of fluffy little BTS running around causing hell, and since I had to flood the shelter with babies, for reasons, it worked out.

XD I hope you like this bonus filler chapter with a purpose type thingy. this is going to be a double update, so keep an eye out for the next one (Might be a couple days, tbh, but it will be posted soon, I just have to read through it again and rewrite a couple things :) .)

I apologize in advance for any errors, it's super later here and I'm exhausted.

-Miki