-Epilogue-

My Penguin!


Some months had passed since the regulars at the shelter had gone their own ways. They stayed in touch as often as possible, Most surprisingly Jongdae heard from Jihoon again barely three months after the adoption. 

Laws were changing and the way hybrids were viewed were as well.  Lawsuits were popping up everywhere, and lawyers were winning the permanent freedom of hybrids all over the city. It only took two such victories before JiHoon had packed his little family unit up and marched straight to Jongdae.

He wanted Zico and Kyung to be able to go somewhere without a collar, to experience their lives without having to carry a two-page long letter of permission just to go shopping on their own.

But more than that, he wanted Taeil to know how serious he was about him.

The three cases seen by a judge took two months to resolve -a rather quick decision to give the three control of their lives, being the outcome.

There had been a large party thrown, and Jihoon had seemed anxious all night.  He hovered by the phone, answered it and ran out of the room numerous times. There was crying heard at some point in the night and he hadn't slept much.

Taeil had been concerned, more so when the next morning and 7 am rolled around. Jihoon, exhausted from a  night of fighting on the phone to mysterious people, had marched out of the apartment as a sleepy Taeil started breakfast for himself and the others. 

But Taeil trusted Jihoon after everything he'd done for the hybrids in his care, so he decided to wait and see how things went.

An hour later and Jihoon walked in with a duffle bag and a small cat hybrid in his arms. 

Taeil had cried when Jihoon handed Jimin over to him and introduced him as their new son.  

It had taken some adjusting, But Jimin finally stopped carrying his jam jar around, keeping it instead as a holder for his crayons.

Their refrigerator was soon covered with brightly drawn stick figure versions of them, and Jihoon and Taeil couldn't be more proud of their little one.

--

Two months after Jongdae won the cases for Jihoon, Zico had found a job that paid well enough for him to save up for his own place. Another month and he'd proved himself to be the companies greatest asset, received a raise that would support a small community and moved out with Kyung. 

He hadn't been to the shelter in a few weeks but assumed that Namjoon had been adopted rather quickly. He was a very bright little hybrid with a great future ahead of him. Who wouldn't want the kid?

Zico and Kyung had headed back to the shelter as soon as they had a spare moment, anyway.

Namjoon was still there, not speaking much and looking a little sadder than usual as he sat in a corner by himself. The second he saw the two pit bulls, he immediately started sobbing and latched on to their legs.

Zico only hesitated for a second before heading to the front desk.

They adopted Namjoon, taking him home that day and not regretting a single minute of having them in their home.

Even if he did horrify Kyung by following his adopted father's footsteps and developing a sudden intense love for rap music.


---

2 months after Jongin and Luhan had adopted Baekhyun and Minseok, they'd returned to the shelter to visit.

Minseok had immediately emotionally blackmailed Luhan into adopting the cute little kitten hybrid that insisted on only wearing pink. 
   
Luhan broke down faster when -Seokjin, as Minseok had said his name was - wobbled over and handed Luhan a small bag of heart-shaped cookies a shelter worker had given him earlier.

Now Luhan was dealing with two cat hybrids who could talk him into anything. His life was going to be very complicated.

Jongin had laughed and teased Luhan until he heard Baekhyun squeal from the other room. He'd at first thought the cat had re-opened an injury but was horrified to learn that Baekhyun had found them a 'son'. Jongin hadn't even realized they were together in such a way to raise a child together, but Baekhyun quickly straightened him out and told him they had been for awhile.

Taehyung had won Jongin over easily enough. Though not as fast as he had won Baekhyun over by being the only young hybrid in the shelter wearing makeup, and sassing the employees at a level Baekhyun himself hadn't even reached.

---

Tao and Yifan had argued their way through the shelter after Luhan and Jongin had left with their little hybrid families in tow.  

Tao had been counting off every expense he could think of while Yifan ignored him or rolled his eyes, a sleepy puppy cradled against his chest as he did his volunteer duties for the day. 

Tao wasn't ready for a child, He'd said. Yifan huffed at him and handed the sleeping hybrid to him.

After a half of a day went by without Tao putting the hybrid down for more than a minute, he broke, They took the little one home the next day after an oddly sleepless night.

Tao didn't know how Yifan had won this one, but he decided he'd spoil Jungkook as much as possible. Yifan had only smiled as he watched the other gradually melt over the little hybrid.

Yifan really loved his life these days.

--
Chanyeol had stopped volunteering as often a month after everything had fallen into place.  Not because he'd wanted to, but because one rainy night his sobbing sister had brought her newborn baby girl over for them to watch while she went out, and had never come back. 

According to SooHyuk, she was fine, but couldn't handle the responsibility of a baby at that time. 

Chanyeol had understood when his father told him this. Kyungsoo had fainted, and the next day became aggressive in his workplace. He'd never been so productive before and they promoted him shortly after, impressed by his sudden change in work ethics. When asked his reason for the sudden change, Kyungsoo had laughed and told his employers he had a new family to support.

Chanyeol had never been happier. Kyungsoo was happy, but had never been covered in so many different fluids at one time, and was convinced for the first week that they had little Jieun that she was most likely possessed.

---

Jongdae had taken on a few more cases, winning each and becoming the top Hybrid rights lawyer he could. Jongdae had made more money then he'd ever imagined he'd ever see in a lifetime, and due to his hours, his relationship with Junmyeon became stressful.

So he took a month and trained a few new up and coming lawyers to take over the firm, he remained owner and would give them advice, but his heart was with his longtime boyfriend, and he dropped as much work as he could, opting instead to buy the building next to the shelter and open a full bakery for Junmyeon, that he could call his own.

Jongdae was rewarded with a batch of fresh cupcakes and too many kisses to count.

--

3 years later.

Kyungsoo was dressing his daughter Jieun and humming softly to her, smiling when he saw how adorable she was in her little ruffly birthday dress.

No one had heard from her mother in two years, and he was almost thankful for that, seeing as the little hybrid had picked up the odd habit of calling Kyungsoo 'Mom' whenever she needed something from him.  Chanyeol had laughed at first, but soon found it less amusing when she tried to call him 'Mama'.

They turned trying to get her to call one of them dad into a competition.

Chanyeol had won, unfortunately. 

Kyungsoo laughed suddenly at the memory and startled the little girl who looked up at him with wide eyes that reminded him a  lot of Yeols. 

He just smiled at her and said was sorry for startling her as he picked her up.

She grinned and gave him a hug. 

"SooMama?"

"Yes, Ji?"

"Can you tell me how you and daddy met?"

"But I already told you how we met. Your daddy Yeol tackled me because he thought I was a Penguin." he chuckled.

Jieun pouted and looked down, obviously not happy when she realized Kyungsoo wasn't going to tell her the story again.

"Jieun? why are you so curious now, you haven't asked about it in a while."

Jieun looked up and frowned. 
"Because Taehyunggie tackled me and called me a marshmallow today."

Kyungsoo almost dropped Jieun in shock, but thankfully held his grip. He turned and stomped out in the living room where everyone was gathered for the 4-year-olds birthday. 

"Byun Baekhyun you better Keep your son away from my daughter! She will not be his marshmallow!" The ball of parental rage handed Jieun to Yeol who sat her down with the rest of the kids.

She giggled as she watched her 'SooMama' chase Baekhyun around the living room. The adults were always like this. She sure was happy she was still a little kid. Being an adult seemed exhausting if you had to yell at your friends and chase them every day. 

Silly Soomama anyway. Jieun couldn't be a marshmallow, She was a hybrid, just like Daddy.
 


Okay guys, I hope you like the ending! Wow, we've come so far! :D  I can't thank you guys enough for the comments, upvotes, and subs on this story!

Ahh finishing this is such a good feeling :D Let me know what you all thought about it. I may write a few more hyrbid fics in the future since I ahve some ideas, but I think I'm going to focus on some of my other ideas for a little bit.

Take care my lovelies!

-Miki