Incidents, sightings and speaking.

My Penguin!

The last few days -almost week- had been awkward and slightly strained between Kyungsoo and Chanyeol, they had avoided each other to the best of their abilities after the incident in which Kyungsoo was pinned to the bed- and they realized they'd both liked it more than they could (or would) admit.

 They had been sneaking into the kitchen for food at different times and mainly keeping to their rooms since then, exchanging awkward smiles if they happened to shuffle past each other on their way out the few times they'd had to leave at the same hour. it wasn't the best way to deal with their issues, both of them knew that, but neither of them was very willing to acknowledge whatever it was happening.

Which is why Kyungsoo found himself shoved against the refrigerator at three in the morning with a growling hybrid pressed between his legs, Chanyeol's face buried in the smaller man's shoulder as he attempted to calm himself down.

"Chanyeol..." Kyungsoo had almost whispered the word, afraid of what might happen if he'd spoken louder. 

"Mm?" A rumble rolled through Chanyeol as he took the opportunity to nip at the bare skin of Kyungsoo's shoulder.

"Chanyeol, Don't..." He let out a gasp and bit back a moan as the large hybrid nipped at him.

"Don't what, Soo?" rather than stopping the hybrid ghosted his lips over Kyungsoo's neck, planting a kiss on his jaw when he reached it.

"Don't do this..." Kyungsoo swallowed hard and whimpered, causing Chanyeol to lift his head and pull back enough to look in his eyes.

The hybrid sighed and pulled back a little further, only for Kyungsoo to follow him slightly with his body, seeking the warmth he'd just lost. 

"Soo, We need to talk..." Chanyeol watched as the smaller man bit his lip and leaned forward, nodding in agreement as he pressed himself into Chanyeol's chest.

Neither of them was prepared for the conversation, but they couldn't keep avoiding each other just so the tension would build up and they'd have another 'incident'. It wasn't healthy.

But they both knew trying to have a rational discussion at three am with raging s and hearts beating out of their chests was impossible.

Kyungsoo looked up at his hybrid, parting his lips to speak, but frowned instead and took a deep breath to calm himself.

"Lunch tomorrow, Yeol... We can talk then."

Chanyeol just shook his head. 

"Dinner, it would be best if we talked here, and I have to go to the shelter tomorrow. They're trying to get some of the older hybrids adopted because a wave of new ones just came in." 

He hoped that was a good enough excuse for Kyungsoo, he was actually going somewhere with Kris during his lunch break and couldn't cancel.

Kyungsoo looked thoughtful for a moment but finally agreed. the hybrid was right, it was best to keep this private, and gave him a couple more hours to hide from the entire mess it was possibly going to be.  

"Let's get back to bed then, you go first, I'm not getting pinned to something else tonight." he smiled but it faded and he blushed crimson when Chanyeol chuckled.

"Not tonight, huh? but maybe tomorrow..." Chanyeol gave him a grin and a wink, before he wandered back to his room, leaving a stunned Kyungsoo standing in the kitchen

--

A few blocks away JiHoon tossed and turned in his sleep, waking up when he moved to cuddle closer to his small, purple haired cat hybrid, only to realize Taeil wasn't in bed with him anymore.

Rubbing his eyes he threw the blankets back and stumbled out of bed to find his hybrid in front of the window in the living room.

As JiHoon came up behind his cat, he noticed Taeil was looking out at a couple of stray hybrids across the street. he'd seen them a lot the past few days, both hybrids were cats and about the same size, though one had honey blonde hair and ears of a slightly darker shade, the other had pastel pink hair and ears that were dark brown, almost black. 

He'd spoken to the blonde once -Baekhyun if he remembered his name correctly- but the other one, whose name he couldn't remember, never said a word, preferring to stick to nervous smiles and hiding behind the other.

"Taeil, why are you up at this time?"

He only sighed and leaned against his owner, looking at his reflection in the glass of the window.

"They're homeless."

"I know, we've talked about that... Is it keeping you from sleeping now?"

"No... it's not that. I offered them a place to stay for a little while. Baekhyun, the blonde one..he refused." Taeil frowned as he watched the blonde hybrid lift the pink haired one into a dumpster.

"What? why... They'd be more than welcome to stay until we figured something out." JiHoon frowned at the hybrids as he wrapped his arms around Taeil.

"I know. Baekhyun said he wouldn't accept anything for himself or his brother unless he knew it was permanent. I guess his brother has some problems with accepting changes, from what he would tell me. he didn't go into much detail." Taeil hummed thoughtfully while he tried to remember if there was anything else Baekhyun had said. 

"I wish there was a way to help them..." Jihoon rested his head against the small hybrid as he watched Baekhyun look around before hopping into the garbage after his brother.

"Me too... Oh! there was one other thing... the reason we talked. they were in the building. Baekhyun's brother followed our neighbor, Luhan? I think.the one down hall? anyway. he followed him home, Luhan didn't even know, and Baekhyun was panicking before he finally found his brother sitting in front of the door, looking like he expected to be let in." Taeil Smiled and Jihoon returned it.

"Maybe if they stay around, Luhan will notice and take them in, he works for that shelter he suggested I check tomorrow, doesn't he?" JiHoon thought for a moment. "Hey, what is Baekhyun's brother's name?"

"I think so... " Taeil frowned. "Oh.. uhm...I don't know, he never  actually said."

"huh.. well, let's go to bed. I only got up to see where you were, I wasn't expecting gossip this early." Jihoon chuckled and headed back towards the bedroom, his hybrid looking out the window one last time before following.

"I hope they'll be okay."


-- 

Of all the times Kyungsoo had thought he'd worked in hell, the next day had cemented it.  He'd been late to work after tossing and turning all night, unable to get a certain hybrid's lips out of his mind after their kitchen rendezvous. 

And after being very groggy and irritable while ordering his coffee, he managed to spill the entire thing -almost on himself, mind you-  right outside of his office. he'd only taken two sips of it and was already later than he would have otherwise been just because he'd deemed it necessary to get coffee that morning, so he could survive the day.

and now, the cherry on top of the sundae -which, in his opinion, was a sundae made out of 100% pure - was the new intern. Kim Jongin.

At first, he'd thought the younger man was just tired, perhaps stressed from his first day at work.


Now, as he watched the young man trying to pull his tie out of the smoking copier that was located close to the break room, he was beginning to think the man was an idiot. he caught the younger man's eyes and shook his head. 

Jongin only smiled and continued tugging on his tie. 

It didn't help Kyungsoo's mood, when he had to use his lunch break to go to different floors to find a working copier after the mishap, making him even more tired than he was already if it were possible. Sighing and rubbing his eyes Kyungsoo let his thoughts wander to Chanyeol, wondering if he was at least having a good day. 

His mood soured more when he realized they were having a talk that night, and he let out an audible groan.

--

Across town, Chanyeol was laughing like an asthmatic seal at something Kris had said while sitting in a chair at a salon specifically for hybrids, waiting for his hair to be dried and cut.

When all was said and done, Kris gave him a thumbs up and remarked that Kyungsoo had no chance in hell of resisting him tonight. He would know, he'd pulled the makeover trick with Tao, and they'd been together ever since.

Now Chanyeol only had to hope that Kyungsoo liked gray.

As Kris and Chanyeol left the salon, neither of them noticed the man across the street, picture in hand asking people if they'd seen a large dog hybrid recently.

--

When Kyungsoo entered the apartment he shared with his hybrid that night, he wasn't expecting to be met with the smell of food cooking, he really wasn't expecting the scent of whatever wonderful thing was currently simmering on the stove to have his mouth watering.

 Nor was he expecting his hybrid, Chanyeol to be bent over looking in the oven when he approached the kitchen, causing the black skinny jeans the larger man was wearing to hug his and thighs in a way that made Kyungsoo forget his name for a moment.

However, it was when the hybrid stood up and looked to him, that he noticed the least expected thing of all. 

Chanyeol's hair was now a pale gray, almost looking a silver-white, honestly. and he was wearing the slightest bit of makeup. 

Just enough to make Kyungsoo let out a noise that any dying whale would be proud of, as his voice cracked on the first syllable he tried to utter and turned into a screech.

Chanyeol only smiled and moved closer to him as he stood frozen on the spot.

"So, my little Soo. You ready for that talk?"  The hybrids voice had taken on a tone that made Kyungsoo wonder if there would be any talking. 

When Chanyeol moved forward just enough to press their lips together, Kyungsoo realized he wouldn't be able to talk if he had to.

 


oh jesus I'm evil, leaving it off right there.
 mwahahahahaah!

And yes, the introduction of a few people in this chapter actually does have a purpose! :D but you'll find the purpose later :P  AND OMG THANK YOU GUYS FOR SUBSCRIBING,COMMENTING AND UPVOTING, I LOVE YOU ALL!

-Miki