Collision

My Penguin!


Kyungsoo froze for all of two seconds before his eyes slid closed and he pressed forward, moving his lips against Chanyeol's, his hands moving to the hybrids shoulders before wrapping around his neck. He swore he felt a spark ignite somewhere in his chest and the stress he'd been weighed down with lately seemed to slowly melt away. 

A whimper escaped him and Chanyeol moved a hand to Kyungsoo's cheek right before he broke the kiss to rest his forehead against the smaller man.

When Kyungsoo opened his eyes he saw Chanyeol smiling at him and felt the hybrids thumb running across his cheek. he took a shaky breath and closed his eyes again, leaning into the broad chest in front of him. 

"..." the word came out almost as a sigh so soft that Chanyeol had barely heard it.

"? I was hoping for a 'wow' or 'oh my god.' not sure how I feel about '.' " Chanyeol stared at Kyungsoo's face as the other man stood there with his eyes closed.

As time started to steadily pass and Kyungsoo's eyes stayed closed, he wondered if the smaller man had fallen asleep, quickly followed by his irrational side telling him he accidentally killed Kyungsoo, and 'now he'd have to hide a body because he didn't want to go to prison! how would he survive?! his Dad was a police officer, he'd be so disappointed in his only son.'

Kyungsoo started laughing suddenly, confusing the hybrid.

"Would you really just hide my body? we're not even together and you're already a terrible boyfriend!" Kyungsoo chuckled and looked up at him with amusement shining in his eyes. 

"I wait.. damn it did I say that out loud?" Kyungsoo nodded at him and Chanyeol covered his face with his hands, hoping his embarrassment wasn't too noticeable.

"You did... so, I guess our talk needs to include proper burial procedures?" Chanyeol opened his mouth to protest but Kyungsoo was already chuckling again so he just sighed and let him get it out of his system. 

He wondered if he'd ever be able to live this down.

The timers Chanyeol had set went off a moment later and he moved back to the stove, checking the food he'd left cooking as an amused Kyungsoo sat at the table watching him with a small smile on his face. 

"Yeol. we still need to talk." the hybrid took something out of the oven and set it on the stove top before stepping towards the table.

"You're right. I'll go first okay?" he stepped closer to Kyungsoo and rested his hands on the smaller man's shoulders. 

"You're mine, Soo. and if anyone else ever touches you, I will hurt them,okay?" Kyungsoo would have chuckled again, but there was no humor  when he looked in the hybrid's eyes, he was being serious.

"I... no..wait, maybe? okay, yes... Unless I tell you we're not working out. if I don't think it's going to work, you have to agree to let me go. It's the only way I'll agree to try." Chanyeol reluctantly agreed. he really didn't like the idea of ever letting Kyungsoo go. 

"and you can't get possessive."

 "but I-" Chanyeol whined. Kyungsoo just shook his head.

"No buts or I won't even try."

"Try what?" 

"This, us. me and you. Yeol, you big idiot.." Kyungsoo sighed and rolled his eyes.

"Fine, mean. jeez." 

Chanyeol was pouting at him, but Kyungsoo was unaffected beyond the urge to kiss the hybrid, which he did quickly before they served each other food and sat down to eat dinner together, smiling a little more than usual.

Later that night, when dinner was finished and all the dishes were done, good nights were said and Kyungsoo went to his room. 

Instead of Chanyeol stumbling off to his own room as he'd done every day since he'd moved in he stood in front of Kyungsoo's door, wishing he could just go in and curl up next to him for the night, but he thought maybe he shouldn't push his luck. 

Kyungsoo was going to give him a shot, so, for now, he'd leave things how they were. with a small smile to the door, and finger tracing his own lips, he headed to his room.

If only he'd known that on the other side of the door, the man lying in bed was hoping the hybrid would come into his room for the night, though he never did and Kyungsoo had a hell of a time sleeping that night because his thoughts were going at 100 miles per hour, and didn't seem to have brakes. 

--

The next morning Kyungsoo had slept in and was late for work, causing him to rush out without eating, much to Chanyeol's displeasure, but he promised he'd be at the shelter to have lunch with him later in the day. 

Chanyeol had grumbled and given him a kiss before he'd run out the door, leaving the hybrid to get ready for work on his own, much like any other morning.

So far Chanyeol's day volunteering for the shelter started much like his other ones - Boring before the shelter pups woke up and started climbing him like a tree- but there was a sense of dread clawing at the back of his mind.

--

Baekhyun was helping his brother out of the metal trash container they'd slept in the previous night when his stomach growled. Sighing he looked around, there wasn't really any place to get food around here. that they could eat anyway. Minseok had a delicate stomach and couldn't tolerate a lot of things, which made living on the streets that much more difficult, but Baekhyun had known that when he'd started taking care of the cat he now called his brother. 

The pink haired cat had been in bad shape back then, and he still wasn't quite all there sometimes, not to mention he didn't really speak. but Baek loved him all the same and did his best to look out for him. When someone came too close, he'd make sure they didn't take another step. If Minseok needed food, he made sure he had what he needed before he even thought about food for himself. 

He smiled as he watched the pink-haired cat skip a bit before looking both ways and crossing the road. he followed quickly, and they set a course for a nice elderly couple's apartment. they loved having the hybrid's visit and would feed them most days they showed up, he hoped they'd be able to today.

One street over, Minseok looked both ways and skipped across another street, only to hear screeching tires as a car sped around the corner.

He turned around, only seconds too late to warn Baekhyun. 

--

Half an hour before Kyungsoo was supposed to show up, a frail-looking pink haired cat had stumbled into the shelter, he was covered in blood and shaking, asking for help in a quiet raspy voice. Chanyeol soon realized the shaking was a result of the sobs wracking through the small cat's frame. the large dog hybrid yelled for help and passed the cat along to one of the staff members, and a moment later when the door flew open, a man ran in carrying a blonde cat that was covered in blood and looked like he'd seen better days.

Chanyeol's blood ran cold when the man handed the cat over to another staff member and walked closer to the tall Hybrid.

"Chanyeol? is that you?"  

Chanyeol could only growl at the man and run to the back room where Kris and Tao were, hoping they'd keep his former owner -JiHoon- away from him.

when Kyungsoo finally showed up to the shelter there were police officers milling about outside, there was an ambulance just leaving and he could hear shouting from inside, though he couldn't make out what was being shouted, exactly, or who's voice it was. his heart clenched so hard he couldn't breathe as he ran into the building, hoping Chanyeol was alright. 
 


Annnd that's it for now? I'll try to update again soon, since this one might be a little late, things are picking up a bit now. and I'm setting up things a certain way because guess what? 

My penguin is the first part in a HybridAu series I'm putting together.at the moment. :) Chansoo's story is just the beginning.

I have no beta, so I apologize for any mistakes T-T

Until next time Lovelies!

-Miki