Closure.

My Penguin!


Jihoon was nervous when they reached the room that Taeil and the two pit bulls he'd just adopted were in.  He felt like he wanted to run, felt like he needed to just give it another day or two. 

At the same time, however, he knew that this was his chance to make everything right.

He looked at Joy and nodded, then took a deep breath and pushed the door open.

Zico and Kyung were sitting on the floor, Taeil stretched out on the bed talking to them and looking a bit lost.

Jihoon scrambled for words for a second, before blurting out a rushed. "Uh... Everyone out, we're going home."

Joy facepalmed as she watched the human train wreck that was Jihoon.

 "I'm not going anywhere until you figure out what you want," Taeil turned his back to Jihoon and twitched his tail. "If you ever actually figure that out."

Jihoon took another breath and tried again. 

"Taeil... I know what I want, and you might not be happy with me for it, but I've already made my decision. I know I should have talked it over with you, But..." 

Taeil turns over and looks at him. "But?"

Jihoon looks over his shoulder to see Joy nodding for him to continue. "I want you to come home. And I adopted Kyung and Zico?"

Kyung looked surprised for a moment, unsure of what was going on.  

Zico started laughing, but there were tears of relief starting to stream down his cheeks. "You're for real? Kyung and I are going to live with you? As your pets?"

Jihoon shook his head. "No."

Zico's mood dropped at his answer, but he tried not to show it.

"What I mean, is the adoption papers say that I own you, but you're your own people. I won't treat you as pets, and you'll only have to wear collars if you go out so you don't get in trouble."

Taeil's jaw dropped and he barely had time to register what was going on before Zico and Kyung had tackled Jihoon to the floor in a hug.

"I don't know how we can repay you, but we'll figure something out," Zico said with a small laugh.

Taeil pulled himself out of his surprise for a second. 

"What about Chanyeol?" The purple haired cat bit his lip and crossed his arms as he waited for the answer.

"Kyungsoo's boyfriend Chanyeol? I don't know, you'd have to ask him, but I guess he's going to stay with Kyungsoo. which works out pretty well, since I have my own boyfriend, right here." He said with a small smile as he pulled the cat hybrid closer.

Jihoon was then tackled to the floor by a happily crying hybrid for the second time that day.

---

Taeil and Jihoon had gone for a walk while Zico and Kyung packed their things and said goodbye to everyone. 

It had been a quiet walk as they'd wandered down the street a bit, but Taeil had a question that was nagging at him and he couldn't just let it go. He had to ask.

"Ji, What made you change your views all of a sudden?"

Jihoon laughed and shook his head. "You'll laugh at me if I tell you."

Taeil frowned. "I won't, really now come on, was it SooHyuk? did he finally get through to you?"

Jihoon just looked amused as he shook his head. 

"Honestly... Nothing that anyone said really clicked in my mind, until," Jihoon coughed. "Until I picked up a kitten and it told me about its jams."

Taeil burst into a weird half laugh half purr noise. "Y-you're serious? Oh my god, it was Jimin, wasn't it?"

"Jimin?" Jihoon frowned.

"Yeah, tiny little thing carries an empty jar around, but he thinks it's the greatest thing in the world." Taeil smiled.

"That would be the kitten," Jihoon chuckled.

Taeil just shook his head again and smiled. Of all the things that mad Jihoon pull his head out of his , it was a kitten obsessed with an empty jam jar.

---

back at the shelter, Zico and Kyung had packed and said all their goodbyes. now they were sitting on a couch, waiting for Taeil and Jihoon to get back and take them home. The kittens and puppies that kicked this event into gear were gathering around them. 

Namjoon seemed to be taking it the hardest, he was bright for his age and understood that he might not see Zico and Kyung ever again, and they were doing their best to cheer him up.

And now that they'd finally gotten a smile out of the pup, they just had to find a way to tell Jihoon and Taeil that they had to come back to the shelter to visit every day until Namjoon was finally adopted.

That was sure to be fun.
 


Okay, guys, this fic has one last part to it, the epilogue where I hopefully tie up any loose ends I left lying around. Let me just say, I'm sorry this one was so short, I had a few things planned for this chapter, But I ended up having to write it from scratch, the chapter outline I had for the last two chapters (This one and the Epilogue) was in a notebook that has apparently gone into hiding.  But fear not! Since I've finished this, I've started rewriting the last chapter. So keep an eye out for that, my lovelies, and Thank you to everyone who's still following this after so long. We're almost done guys!

-Miki