Tremble

My Penguin!


Taeil made it to the coffee shop down the street a few minutes after the agreed upon time. JiHoon had been unwilling to let him go anywhere that morning, and he wasn't sure how to get around that until JiHoon's phone rang.

The cat hybrid managed to slip out while he was distracted, and though he felt a little bad about it, he'd feel worse about standing up the person waiting for him.

he looked around for a few moments before finally spotting the hybrid in a back corner, sitting the table looking imposing as usual and checking his watch.

Taeil hurried to the table and slid into the seat across from the man. His features resembling his large hybrid friend's, however, they were sharper, less friendly than the dork he was here to talk about. he took a deep breath to calm himself.

Chanyeol's father had always scared him, on some level.

"Taeil, You're late. Didn't you say this was important?" The voice was smooth, deep and reminded him of Chanyeol as well, but had the same edge his looks did.

"I-I'm sorry, SooHyuk*. It took me a little longer than expected..." Taeil closed his eyes for a moment and collected himself. 

"Obviously. now, what was so important? Is my son all right?" Taeil fidgeted under the man's gaze.

"Well... he is and he isn't. I don't know... did you hear about JiHoon's wife? what she did?" SooHyuk shook his head and motioned for Taeil to continue.

It only took a total of fifteen minutes for Taeil to tell SooHyuk what Chanyeol had gone through, and another ten to tell him what was going on now, with JiHoon, and the guy that now 'owned' Chanyeol. 

SooHyuk waited until Taeil had finished and clasped his hands in front of himself thoughtfully. 

"The only thing I can tell you is getting JiHoon to leave my son alone would be the best option. had I known what his wife was doing, or how he himself was treating my son, I would have done something myself." he sighed before continuing." However, I can not do anything at this moment. I have my hands full with Chanyeol's sister. She's expecting..."

Taeil's eyes widened. "Ex-expecting?"

"Yes, Chanyeol's going to be an uncle. Now that you know what I think on the matter, why don't we go visit my son so I can give him the news?" the smile on SooHyuk's face was enough to let Taeil know it wasn't so much a suggestion as a demand. 

Taeil sighed in defeat. "Alright, I'll take you to him. we can walk, if you don't mind. I need the fresh air."

There was no way in hell he was getting into any type enclosed space with this hybrid right now.

--

Kyungsoo walked into the shelter to find it looking more like a war zone than the peaceful cafe that it was meant to be. 

There were tiny hybrids everywhere, climbing things, climbing people, a sleepy looking kitten wobbled over to him whimpering what sounded like "Where's Hobi" and when he tried to pick the kitten up he ended up with not only an armful of now snoozing kitten, but a passed out Corgi -that he was sure wasn't anywhere near him a few minutes ago- as well

He wanted to be angry but couldn't even muster his usual face when faced with the little hybrids. he had a hell of a soft spot for babies, now as long as no one found out about it...

Jongin and Jongdae were suddenly standing beside Kyungsoo making cooing noises at him and the tiny hybrids. Damn, he'd forgotten those two were even with him.

--

JiHoon stepped into the shelter and headed for the front desk, Joy's face dropped as soon as she'd spotted him.

The people here really seemed to dislike him. All the more reason for him to get Chanyeol out of here, and never come here again. 

Joy moved out from behind the desk and grabbed JiHoon's arm, dragging him outside.

"If you think I'm going to let you come in here and upset Chanyeol for no reason, then you are out of your mind." JiHoon opened his mouth to retaliate but she shushed him, a serious look on her usually happy face. "Let me finish. Kyungsoo is here right now and we're overwhelmed with baby hybrids. If you start something today, I will personally rip you apart and feed you to a sewer rat."

JiHoon just blinked at her and nodded as her face went back to relaxed. "I only came because I need to see the date that Chanyeol was dropped off, and when he was adopted..."

Joy raised an eyebrow at him but nodded and lead him into the shelter to fetch the papers. The records for hybrids were openly available to the public unless the hybrid or new owner requested that the files be private. 

Chanyeol and Kyungsoo hadn't requested a private filing.

--
Chanyeol had finally gotten Taehyung and Jimin to sleep and put them down for a nap. He was late. but, he knew Kyungsoo would probably still be waiting for him in the cafe so he rushed out, the scene before him immediately causing him to coo and 'aaww' at his boyfriend. 

Kyungsoo blushed slightly but smiled up at Chanyeol from his spot on a couch in the corner, Hoseok and Yoongi fast asleep on his lap, and Seokjin curled into his side.

Chanyeol could only smile back and sit on Kyungsoo's free side, thoughts of seeing this in their shared apartment one day popping into his mind and causing his smile to widen. 

Jongin looked at the hybrid curiously, and Jongdae just watched with a small grin. he'd seen that look on his own face, as well as his partner's, plenty of times.

Jongdae snapped out of his internal musings and remembered why he was there. Clearing his throat to get Chanyeol's attention, he introduced himself and Jongin.
--

Once back inside, JiHoon stayed at the front desk as Joy went to fetch the files he'd requested.
He successfully fought off his curiosity for a few minutes but when Joy still hadn't returned for after ten minutes he snuck a peek into the cafe and saw Chanyeol and Kyungsoo smiling at each other, an adoring expression painted across Chanyeol's face as he gazed at the man sitting on the couch, an equally loving look softening the man's severe facial features.

He sighed and walked back out, he used to look at his now ex-wife like that...  

If he hadn't already started such a fuss, he'd consider apologizing and dropping the whole thing... just letting them be happy. But at the same time, JiHoon was jealous, and couldn't bring himself to let the hybrid have what he couldn't anymore.

He got back to the desk at the same time that Joy returned, giving her a mumbled 'thanks' when he took the papers and read through them, reading the dates out loud.

"So this timeline means that-"  ... "That you legally can't do anything. " Jihoon startled when a sharp voice from behind him cut him off and finished his sentence. 

The last person JiHoon expected to run into was SooHyuk. he glanced behind the large hybrid to see a guilty looking  Taeil hiding behind him.

"I'm going to give you a bit of advice off the record, JiHoon. Follow me."

Jihoon looked back at Joy who was now smirking at him and swallowed hard before following the imposing hybrid out of the cafe.

This would be the second time he'd been lectured in this particular spot today.


 



Okay my lovelies, I know this chapter is a bit busy, but there was a purpose to it, I promise! and No, I didn't forget Baekhyun, Minseok, Luhan, Yixing or Sehun, I just had to separate the story lines at a certain point, so as Chanyeol and Kyungsoo's (the main storyline) starts to wrap up, the other ones will be making a stronger appearance. I'm not 100% sure on how many chapters I have left, tbh but I will be clearing up all loose ends in the next few chapters. :)

that being said  OMG YOU GUYS ALLLLL OF THE LOVE TO MY SUBSCRIBERS, VOTERS AND COMMENTERS, AND  READERS IN GENERAL, YOU GUYS MAKE MY DAY, I SWEAR! :D


Quick note *Lee SooHyuk is the actor / model that I decided needed to be Chanyeol's father. Just imagine him being a bit older, for story purposes.

Lee SooHyuk



-Miki