Cat-cat-catch up!

My Penguin!


When Jongin had met Minseok for the first time, he was wrapped around a blonde man. Said blonde man -whose name he learned was Luhan-  was very surprised to wake up next to a hybrid he didn't remember seeing before.

The confusion only intensified as Minseok purred and wrapped himself tighter around Luhan, refusing to let go as he told Jongin he couldn't have him.

Joy had laughed at them and shaken her head, leaving the three to work things out for themselves.

Baekhyun, as he learned from Minseok, was a complete pain in the most days, but who was very caring, and sweet when he let his walls down. He'd taken care of Minseok for a long time, according to the pink haired cat hybrid and never worried about himself, past the thought of surviving to take care of Minseok himself.--This is was the point where Minseok had put on his best, lost kitten face and voice, complete with eyes watering for effect. He'd completely won Luhan over as he sniffled and whimpered, telling him how, with Luhan to take care of him and Jongin to take care of Baek, they could both be happy and live easier.

Luhan had melted almost immediately and run to get the adoption papers signed. 

He came back to a completely dry-eyed Minseok grinning at him and realized he may have been tricked.

It only made him like the hybrid more, though, of course.

Jongin was now sitting in a hospital room, machines beeping as he watched a cat hybrid's chest rise and fall in a steady rhythm, he wondered just when -possibly if- his freshly adopted hybrid would wake up. and how he would take the news of no longer worrying about Minseok.

The machines hooked to Baekhyun made an odd noise and startled Jongin out of his thoughts. His gaze traveled back to the bed where brown eyes were slowly fluttering open.

Jongin smiled, he'd been here for a few days and had been told the cat hybrid's condition was improving, but this was a pretty big improvement. He scooted closer to the bed, slowly so he didn't startle the probably confused hybrid. 

When the hybrid's eyes fully opened and focused, he spoke, however, it came out as a whisper.

"Minnie? M-min- Minnie?" the poor hybrid's voice cracked so Jongin grabbed the water from the tray beside the bed that the hospital kept there just in case, and stood.

"Minseok's just fine, Baekhyun. I can get him here pretty quickly, would you like that?"

Jongin spoke in quiet even tones, trying to sound comforting and familiar as he spoke both hybrid's names.

Baekhyun whimpered quietly, his lips as he nodded and Jongin sent a text off to Luhan, letting him know that Baekhyun was awake before moving forward and offering said hybrid the water. He eyed it suspiciously for a moment but the dryness in his throat made him toss caution to the wind and with Jongin's help, he greedily gulped down what he could.

"so, Baekhyun, do you remember what happened? do you know where you are?"

A nod in response to remembering. he shook his head and his eyes became glossy when asked if he knew where he was.

"Well, you're in the hospital.. you've been out for awhile, I'm not sure exactly how long... but I'm glad you're awake!" Jongin's natural voice was beginning to come through the calm tone he'd tried to maintain, and he hoped it wouldn't scare the cat hybrid too badly.

Baekhyun just stared at him warily and sat up a little straighter.

"Oh, sorry, I forgot. I'm Jong-."

The sentence was interrupted when a shrieked "BAEKHYUN!" Echoed through the hospital corridors.

the hybrid and the man next to him looked up, as Luhan barely caught Minseok mid-jump.

"Ah-ah, Minnie, you can't jump on your brother, he's probably still sore."

Much to Baekhyun's surprise, and displeasure, Minseok pouted but listened to the man, earning a hug from him and a "just be careful okay.." 

"Anyway," Jongin began. " I'm Jongin and this Luhan." He pointed at the man next to Minseok. "We're going to be taking care of you from now on!" 

Luhan looked at Jongin with a raised eyebrow, wondering if the man was stupid. This hybrid had been through hell, just woken up and here he was telling him they were going to be taken care of by two complete strangers. 

 Baekhyun looked confused for a moment as he processed what the man - Jongin-  

"You two.... adopted both of us?" his ears twitched slightly as he awaited the answer, a hopeful look crossing his face, causing Luhan to speak up.


"What Jongin meant to say, I believe, is that Minseok adopted by me... and you've been adopted Jongin..."

"No.. just no... how will I see Minnie? I won't have him taken away from me!" Baekhyun's voice was rough, with emotion and lack of use as he stared at the people in front of him. How could they think about doing such a thing?!? why was Minseok going along with this?! there was a long pause.

Jongin glanced at Luhan, and then to Minseok.

"Well, since neither of them want to clear things up..... Luhan and I agreed to be roommates... So you guys don't have to worry about being taken from each other."

"B-but..what what if you fight? And and..Luhan looks like a slob! he's wearing sweatpants! At least Jongin's wearing Jeans!"

"HEY! what's wrong with sweat pants?!" Luhan asked, frowning at the cat hybrid.

"Honey, if you have to ask, you'll never understand." Baekhyun scoffed and looked at Jongin. "Well? what if you two fight? what happens to us?"

"We won't.... We sat down and talked everything out with your brother to make sure this would work for everyone." Jongin smiled when he noticed Baekhyun seemed to be slightly more relaxed than he was a few moments ago.

"Fine... But I'm giving you both makeovers, and I have my own rules, and a list of things Minseok can't eat, and if either of you pisses me off, consider yourself fired....."

Luhan sighed as he watched Jongin nod happily. Why had he agreed to this... he glanced over at the huge smile on Minseok's face. Oh right. the ball of tricks with the cute puffy cheeks over there. That was why he'd agreed to this. he smiled knowing they were all in for an adventure, at the least.

---------

Yixing leads Sehun down a  familiar path towards the shelter where they'd met. It had been forever since they'd been there, being wrapped up in their work and settling into their new lives, and they finally decided it was time to visit and see how everyone was doing. 

As it turns out everything at the shelter had been flipped upside down, due to a wave of baby hybrids, and everything that had been happening with Chanyeol and his former owner. They both made a mental note to not stay gone so long between visits, or to at least text Kyungsoo to ask how he was doing.

When they made it to the shelter, and the young hybrids pounced on them, Yixing just couldn't quite resist the charms of a hyperactive corgi pup, and Sehun was so amused by the pup that he just didn't have it in him to say no when Yixing suggested they were in a perfect place to adopt. 

It would help the shelter and bring even more happiness into the house, after all.

Sehun however, realized he was completely screwed when the papers were being finalized and there was a small kitten clinging to their freshly adopted son, sobbing so hard he was gasping for breath. All he had to do was look at the absolute heart broken look on Yixing's face before he marched over, grabbed the kitten and took him to the front desk as he sobbed and flailed his little arms in the corgi's direction. The corgi, not in much better shape was taken outside by Yixing.

Joy was yet again the only one at the front desk and readied herself for a night of consoling the poor little cat when Sehun brought him to the desk and set him on it, but instead of leaving him there, he requested his adoption papers, so they could be signed and put through as soon as possible.

He was met outside a little while later by a smiling Yixing and the happiest corgi in the world. 

The kitten, now grumpy from all the crying had fallen asleep on Sehun's shoulder on the way home.

 



Alright guys, here we go. So so close to the end now!

I do have to say I am sorry about the wait for this chapter, but, due to my grandmother's passing in June, it couldn't really be helped. I just wasn't in the right headspace to update. I hope to stick to the schedule with the next chapter, but sometimes plans don't work out, so I apologize if things are a little off for a bit.

Thank you guys for sticking with me, and a welcome to all the new readers!

 upvotes,subs and comments are always welcome and enjoyed! :) 

(If I've made any errors in this story I'm sorry, it was weird picking it back up and figuring out how to edit again.)

-Miki