Fluffy Decisions

My Penguin!

Kyungsoo turned around feeling like his heart was going to beat out of his chest. 

This wasn't how he planned on confessing to Chanyeol, he hadn't been ready to tell him at all! But here he was, between two large hybrids, wondering if he could outrun both of them, maybe convince them both they were hallucinating and come up with a better confession at a later date. he frowned, they'd easily catch him if they ran and then he'd just look unstable. The move also seemed to scream Kdrama to Kyungsoo. and this was not a K-drama. He hoped.

He was about to ask if they could just go home when a pair of arms wrapped around him, dragging him into a warm hug that made him melt. 

Why had he wanted to run again?

Chanyeol leaned in close to Kyungsoo's face, lips almost touching as he whispered "I love you too, Penguin"

Kyungsoo's eyes began to water, before closing as Chanyeol pressed their lips together in a slow deep kiss.

Kyungsoo's arms went around Chanyeol's neck and he whimpered, causing Chanyeol to smile and pull back for a moment. 

"You okay?" Chanyeol asked, taking in the other's features with an adoring look in his eyes.

Kyungsoo nodded and looked up at the large hybrid before him. 

"I meant it. I love you, Soo. I love you. I love you, I love you. I'll repeat it as many times as you want me to."

"Just hearing once was enough" Kyungsoo smiled as tears started rolling down his cheeks.

"Damn it Yeol, why did you have to be so wonderful? I'm going to have to disinfect my coffee table from your gross feet every day for the rest of my life now.."

SooHyuk who had been quiet to this point burst out laughing so hard he wheezed. 

Chanyeol shook his head.

"We have this sweet, romantic moment-"

"With your dad staring at us"

"Fine, with my dad staring at us. Soo, just hush. Anyway, we have this romantic moment, we confess to each other and all you can say is you'll have to disinfect the coffee table?"

"No, I said I'd have to disinfect it every day for the rest of my life."

"But you still said you'd have to do it, what difference does it make if it's every day for-- oh... OH" Chanyeol's smile looked like it was going to split his face as he realized what Kyungsoo had implied.

"And now he gets it... Yeol, you big idiot, I love you," he wrapped his arms around the large hybrid tightly. "please never change."

"As long as you don't change either, Soo."

Soohyuk smiled at the scene before him, feeling a sense of pride in the man his son had turned into, and the man he had decided to share his life with. Now he could do what he needed to without wondering if it was the right thing.  he hated to interrupt, but he did need to be going.

"Alright, kids. I have to get going, but I wish you the best. It might be a little bit before I see you again, Chanyeol. But if you ever need anything, you know where I am. I'm happy for you and Soo, and I am so proud of you."

Soohyuk handed the food off to Chanyeol and turned around, ready to walk off, when he stopped.

'Oh, Yeol. I almost forgot. you need to call your sister. You're going to be an uncle soon." he smiled and left the two where they were standing.

Chanyeol let out a happy laugh and hugged Kyungsoo tightly.

"You know since I met you my life has changed so much."

Kyungsoo smiled and wiped at his eyes. 

"I hope it's been for the better."

"you know it has, Penguin. you know it has."

After Soohyuk left, they went home hand in hand, stealing glances at each other and smiling.

Life was good.

---

JiHoon wasn't exactly sure why he'd come to this man, out of all people, but he knew he could help him, at least in some way.

Jongdae was the one person who wasn't in the middle of everything in an emotional sense. maybe that was it.

Or maybe it was also the fact that he was a hybrid.

"So, JiHoon. you're telling me that the whiniest kitten in the shelter made you realize that we're just as human as you are? Am I correct?"

"Well...yeah..." Jihoon looked down, slightly ashamed of himself.

"And you came to me because?" Jongdae crossed his arms and stared at the man.


"Because I thought maybe you could give me some insight?"

"Look, seeing as Chanyeol and Kyungsoo are technically my clients, I can't give you any information on them. Sorry, but that's the rule. Also, you're sort of a and I would not feel bad at all about watching you squirm." Jongdae flashed him a grin and JiHoon wondered how this man could sound so pleasant, even when insulting someone. 

JiHoon bit his tongue and took a deep breath.

"I..I know that I meant..from your perspective.... what is the right thing to do here?"


"well, I wasn't expecting that. Honestly? I'd read these papers over completely and sign them. and Then I would go pick your purple-haired boyfriend up from the shelter, tell him you can't live without him and stop being an ignorant about hybrids. Sound like a good plan?" Jongdae kept a grin on his face as he held out the papers.

"You're very insulting for a professional," JiHoon frowned and took the papers from the hybrid, glancing over them." These are adoption papers?"

"Yes, for two of the oldest hybrids in the shelter. They have a very short amount of time to find a place to live before they are put out on the street. If you've really gained a new outlook on hybrids, you'll see  why this is the best option for everyone." Jongdae leaned back against his desk and watched JiHoon for his reaction.

"What kind of hybrids are they? or.. wait, does the kind even matter, I mean I know I was told it mattered before..but... "

"It only matters in cases such as Chanyeol's. There are certain traits present in some breeds that can manifest. Since Chanyeol is Cane Corso, there's a higher level of aggression present."

"Oh..." JiHoon looked thoughtful. 

"If you really want to know, they're Pitbulls. and, from what I've seen, huge dorks."

"Can I have a few days? To think about this, I mean.. I think I should pick Taeil up first and go from there."

"Take all the time you need, but just remember, Chanyeol's not your pet, and he's happy now. I mean, how would you feel if someone came to you out of nowhere and demanded Taeil back?"

A look of realization crossed JiHoon's face as what Jongdae had said caused everything he was told over the past few days to click.

"I..I have to go, I'll take these with me," Jihoon was scrambling to grab his things. he needed to see his cat, and he needed to see him now.  he stopped in his tracks for a second. "Jongdae, do you have a pen I can borrow?"

Jongdae handed him a pen and waited until the man left to make a call. 

"Junnie? Babe, I did it... What? No, no.. he knew he was signing... Yes..   Okay. I'll see you later, Yeah, get dressed up, we're celebrating tonight."  Jongdae hung up with a smile on his face. 

Junmyeon had told him he was proud of him.


--

Joy was more than surprised when JiHoon had rushed into the shelter first thing in the morning and slammed signed adoption papers down on the desk.

Adoption papers for none other than Zico and Kyung. 

Joy tossed herself over the desk as she wrapped the man up in a hug. "Thank you. Thank you, I was so worried about those two. I guess you're not as bad as I first thought..."

JiHoon smiled and patted her bag before peeling the girl off of himself. "Do you know where Taeil is?"

"Yeah, actually he's in the room with the two you just adopted... Want me to take you there?"

"Please..." 



That's a good place to end, right? 

I'll catch up with the others next chapter, becauseeeee..... 

Babiees, we're getting closer to the end!  I am so sorry this chapter is late, but I seem to have bitten off way more than I can chew with life, my fb page and my art projects at the moment. Don't worry though, the next chapter should actually stick to the schedule.

As usual HUGE THANK YOU TO THE LIKES, SUBS, AND VOTES! This story is very fun to write and to see so many people enjoy it just makes me all warm and fuzzy. ^_^ 

-Miki