Penguins, Pit-bulls and Cat hybrids, oh my!

My Penguin!


The two hybrids that had witnessed the scene looked at each other before heading back to their shared room, Zico throwing himself on the bed and Kyung letting out a small whine as he curled up next to him, nuzzling his face into the other's neck as he shook slightly, sniffling.

"hey, hey, come on, it's okay. be happy for the big guy, we were wrong!" his statement was met with a small whimper, and a splash of something warm and wet on his shoulder, followed by another and then another.

" Kyuuunng please don't cry, you know I hate it... it makes me feel helpless when I can't do anything for you." Zico wrapped an arm around the other hybrid as he started sobbing. 

"I-I don't understand ... Z, w-why not us?" he managed to get the words out before the sobs became too hard for him to speak, they'd both been in this center for longer than they cared to admit.

"I don't know, Kyungie, I don't know... But don't give up, okay? If we don't get a home soon I'll cut my ears and tail off and get a job so I can get a home just for you and me." Kyung shook his head as he moved closer to Zico, burying his face deeper into his neck. 

He nuzzled the upset hybrids hair, holding him tightly and let out a small sigh as he stared at the ceiling, waiting for Kyung to cry himself to sleep like he sometimes did.

"I'll figure something out... soon, so don't worry," When he felt the slightly smaller hybrid's breathing even out, and the shaking finally stopped he allowed himself to drift off, though his grip on Kyung never loosened.

 

--- 

 

Kyungsoo sighed for what felt like the thousandth time that day as he scooped up the glass from the latest item -a picture frame- one of the six things broken in the past hour. He'd known Chanyeol was clumsy, but this... this, was something else entirely.  it seemed like the dog hybrid couldn't take two steps before his feet, elbows or even face smashed into something.

 However, even though it annoyed Kyungsoo and he questioned exactly what he'd gotten himself into, he couldn't feel anger towards the big goofy hybrid. And he still didn't know why that was, exactly. 

 It wasn't like they'd had enough time to become super close, he definitely wasn't in love with the hybrid, as far as he knew. so no love at first sight. -which is what happened with Sehun and Yixing, apparently. he'd found out through a text from Yixing earlier that the two were already a couple. -It had been instant chemistry, with them, he had said.- so there was no reason for him not to be extremely angry that a one hybrid wrecking ball was smashing everything he came across.

Except, the more he thought about it, the more Chanyeol reminded him of someone. He just couldn't quite put a finger who, exactly. He was sure he'd remember at some point though.

A crash from the bathroom, followed by a thump, a yelp, and some weird clicking noises drew him out of his thoughts.

"Chanyeol, You okay?" A whine followed by footsteps shuffling and the sound of a door clicking shut were his only answer. He dumped the glass from the frame into a trash bin and set the broom off to the side, as he quickly made his way to the bathroom, glancing inside and staring at it hard for a minute before spinning around and knocking on the door to Chanyeol's room. 

He was quickly met with a thump and the hybrids voice -slightly higher pitched, and sounding panicked- telling him that Chanyeol was not in and he'd have to leave a message.

"Cute, Chanyeol. very cute, " he tried to keep his cool, by taking a deep breath, but he knew some of his irritation came through in his voice. "I don't even need to know how you did it, in fact, I'm sure I probably don't want to know... I just need to know where the toilet seat went."

"It's..it's in here..." He heard a few shuffling noises before the door opened and Chanyeol stood before him. Toilet seat around his neck.
Kyungsoo was pretty sure the look on his face had landed somewhere between disgusted and horrified when he saw the toilet seats current location.

Chanyeol's eyes widened in realization. "Oh, Oh god no! No, I don't drink from the toilet, I swear! , this is so Embarrassing!" Kyungsoo swore he saw the tips of Chanyeol's human ears turn red, as his Canine ones dropped. he made a mental note to ask about the double sets of ears later but took pity on the -pardon the pun- flushed hybrid before him for the moment.

He chuckled slightly at his own joke and let out a huff of air, standing on his tip toes to reach the seat and untangle it from the hybrids head, halting for a moment when Chanyeol put his hands on Kyungsoo's hips to steady him. Kyungsoo swallowed hard. He'd always had a thing for large hands and he was just reminded of it, suddenly with how much of his body had been covered by the hybrids hands in that moment.

When he finally eased back and Chanyeol let him go he looked at the hybrid's face for a minute, noting the faded red hair and the warm brown eyes. For a moment he wondered if he was too boring for him, with his un-dyed hair and dark eyes. frowning he turned and went off to grab a few tools to get the toilet fixed.  and a few curses later, Chanyeol was holding the seat in place as Kyungsoo put it back on. when he looked up at the hybrid he actually remembered who the hybrid reminded him of. 

"You know, I had a roommate in college. He had bright red hair, and once got his head stuck in a toilet seat. I never did find out why... Maybe I should call and ask him ..." Kyungsoo chuckled at the memory while Chanyeol's ears perked up and a frown pasted itself onto his face as he got lost in his thoughts, for some reason, that gave him a weird sense of deja vu. he quickly shrugged it off as only thinking that because he'd literally just done it.

"Earth to Chanyeol?" Kyungsoo waved his hand in front of the hybrid's face as the other continued to frown and stare at the bathroom wall. he finally gave up on waving and flicked his forehead causing the hybrid to startle out of whatever he was getting lost in. 

"You okay big guy? I've been done for a couple minutes...you weren't responding to me." Kyungsoo asked, the look on his face fitting the worried tone of voice.

"Oh...Yeah.. yeah I'm fine,"  his smile quickly came back and he let go of the seat, standing up and following Kyungsoo when he left the room. 

"Okay, well. like I was saying, maybe we could get some takeout tonight, and get everything figured out for you?" Kyungsoo gave him a small smile.

"Huh? Everything figured out?" Chanyeol looked confused, though the unmistakable sound of Chanyeol's nubby tail waggy spastically against his pants could still be heard. Kyungsoo was pretty certain this hybrid was the only one that could be confused and excited at the same time, but he only shook his head before answering his question.

"I assume you have interests, hobbies... things you wanted to do and I work, so we need to make sure you don't get bored out of your mind..."  he washed his hands and dried them before digging some takeout menus out of a drawer. "Oh, and  I have to call the bank to get your account set up with mine, you know? I'm going to get you one of those hybrid card things. the ones that will let you set a daily spending limit and such. Just in case you want to go out by yourself." 

Chanyeol's tail went into overdrive. "Y-you're going to let me go out by myself?!" he looked like he was about to cry as he almost knocked Kyungsoo over with the force of the hug he dragged him into.  

Kyungsoo smiled but tried to squirm out of the hybrids grasp. 

"Yeol, we need to eat! Down boy!" He laughed as the large hybrid whined and refused to let him down. It would take some time to get used to this, but it definitely wasn't all that bad. Kyungsoo could even believe it was more than worth all the broken glass he'd had to clean up already.


--

 

A couple cities away, a man was returning home from searching for his dog hybrid, exhausted and emotionally drained, he walked into his house to find his newly acquired Cat hybrid had tied up his wife - and apparently her lover-  who were responsible for his hybrid's disappearance. 

He hadn't thought he could actually cry anymore until then.  he hadn't even believed Taeil when the hybrid had told him what he'd heard, -yelling at him to the point his cream colored ears flattened themselves into lavender hair so hard they almost disappeared- but his own wife confirmed it as he was untying her. Needless to say, he stopped and called the police, asking if there was anything they could do in this situation, and being relieved that they agreed to send an alert out for his hybrid after they picked up the two and questioned them.

And now the man sat on the steps to his house, small hybrid beside him running its fingers through his white blonde hair and telling him it was okay, and that they'd get Chanyeol back. the man just sighed and looked towards the sky with worry etched onto his face.

"I hope you're right, Taeil..." 

"You know I am... you've gotten him back before..." the man looked at the purple haired cat beside him with a small frown as the cat hybrid purred quietly.

"I know. It just feels different this time... let's go back inside."

The man stood and entered the house, looking around before heading to his bedroom, the cat hybrid right behind him.

 


A/N :
Ahhh, whaaaat, hehehehe. I know I'm evil. don't hate me! I'ma .. a good evil? that doesn't make sense. okay, I'll stop now. or not. IDK. :P

So yeah, I didn't tag this as Block B, because I wanted their appearance in this story to be a little bit of a surprise (And I'm not using all the members, tbh.). but hey, I'm sure you guys figured out there'd be another member or two popping up after Zico and Kyung were introduced... 

Also no worries, Everything will become clearer as the chapters progress.  Until next time my darlings~

-Miki