The Second Have

The 3 Haves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Oh Sehun, the man that I could’ve had.

 

I thought it was just a mere high school fling, something I shouldn’t take too seriously. I thought the feelings we had for each other wasn’t genuine love, just mere infatuation but I didn’t know his feelings for me ran so deep as to actually wanting a future with me in it. I didn’t know it back then and honestly, I regretted not knowing earlier.

 

It was senior year. I was in front of my locker, grumpily taking my books out when I heard some squealing in the distance. I groaned at the annoying sound that’s seemingly getting nearer. I was so distracted and agitated. I had a physics exam that I didn’t study for and knowing that I was going to screw it up had me in a bad mood since morning. I groaned a little louder when the screaming seemed like it was right around me now.

 

There was multiple screeching of ‘Oh my god’ and ‘he’s so handsome.’ My brows furrowed and the moment I shut my locker, Sehun stopped in front of me and asked me out. Just like that, direct to the point with his piercing eyes staring at me expectantly.

 

I was stunned to say the least. I knew him of course, he’s popular after all but how he knew me, I didn’t know and why he so bluntly asked me to go on a date with him was beyond me too. I had never even met him before and he suddenly says he wants me to go out with him. I thought it was just some joke, a prank, a dare maybe? I didn’t really care and to play along, I agreed. “Sure,” I chirped, faking a bright smile before walking away.

 

I thought he had somehow won his dare or the joke was over and he would leave me alone but he didn’t. It was for real. He was serious about taking me out on a ing date, the first one I ever went to.

 

I stared at him in awe when he flipped over the pages of the menu, yapping about how their pasta here was great and that he’d like me to try it. I hum distractedly as a response. He was strikingly handsome and I was well… ordinary, bland even. But here I was, in a fancy Italian restaurant with the famous Oh Sehun. The girls in my school would kill to be in my place.

 

I should be enjoying this privilege but I’m too puzzled to do that. So it wasn’t just some dare. So he wasn’t toying with me. He asked for my number for god’s sake and lent me his jacket when I rubbed my hands together. I wasn’t even cold, I was just trying to calm my nerves but his brows knit in worry and he draped his jacket over my shoulders. It felt all too real and all too genuine to be some sort of joke.

 

Word got around quick after that night and I heard that he’s had a crush on me for the longest time and has been gathering courage for years to finally ask me out. I didn’t believe it, of course. He was tall, handsome and ridiculously popular in school. How could he have wanted me? Some say he wasn’t this handsome before, that he was an ordinary kid too who didn’t draw so much attention to himself.

 

He was so shy and reserved to a point that almost nobody noticed he even existed but puberty had hit him hard. His height spurt and he grew into his features. He developed his hidden talent of dancing and bumped up to become the popular kid that he is today thanks to being the president of the dance club.

 

Girls drooled and swooned over him when he danced and to be honest, his dancing affects me too but what has me so baffled is why me? Out of all the pretty girls who wanted him, why’d he want me? Why the plain, neutral and average me? He was perfect so I really didn’t understand why such perfection would like the opposite.

 

He said I was different. I expected that. It’s a common thin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter